His Infernal Majesty's Service
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2013 by Lee Xavier

It was several hours after dinner. I was running q-tips along the baseboards in my room trying to get every last particle of dirt. TreFual had been teaching me about the service but had fallen quiet several minutes ago. I gave him a glance and he seemed deep in thought. I didn't want to antagonize him so I focused on my work.

I felt a slight chill as a wall of golden light passed through me and hit the wall. I watched as little red sparks jumped around in it and danced merrily along the wall until the light just faded away.

"What was that?"

"That was a "no see um". It's camouflage that prevents magic from seeping out where others can see it. If someone checks the room for magic it very sincerely tells them there ain't none here. In our line a work "no see ums" are indispensable. Are you finished cleaning yet?"

I scooped up the dirty q-tips and placed them in the trashcan by my desk and eyed the room carefully. I had cleaned everything I could think of. I had even lifted the mattress off of my bed and cleaned the frame. " I think so."

"Kid, you have to be decisive in your thinking. It is either clean or it is not. You are either finished or you are not. I ask you again; Are you finished cleaning yet?"

I thought for a quick moment and nodded my head,"I have gotten this room as clean as I know how."

Trefual quickly went through the room checking the closet and each dresser and desk drawer. He even checked the top corners of the closet. He went back to sitting on my desk and just stared at me. I began feeling a little apprehensive as the stare continued. He finally broke the silence. "It's not the best I've ever seen but it will do. For now on, this is the new clean. You will keep this room like this at all times. When you get laundry put it away immediately. If you use something put it back when you're done. That way keeping it clean is just a matter of dusting and vacuuming. Cleaning will take very little time each day. You did good enough that I won't punish you again. Make sure the room stays this way. Got it?"

"Yes Sir."

"Good, Now we can move on to some exciting shit. It's not everyday this happens. You're gonna love it!"

"What's that?"

TreFual leaned forward and whispered," The creation of your place of power."

I looked at him puzzled. He saw the look on my face and said " Kid, your headquarters, your base of operations, This is it! You're officially going into business. The one place that you can be yourself. Your fortress, there's no safer place for you in the universe. A major Demon would have severe problems trying to get in and those "prayer johnnies" wouldn't stand a chance, even if they did find it." He looked at me expectantly.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.