Baby It's Cold Outside - Cover

Baby It's Cold Outside

Copyright© 2013 by Lapi

Chapter 7

The TV people came and wanted to do an interview with Mustapha. It was almost too easy for my response. "Any questions or responses you get from this initial broadcast, please submit them to us in writing, by post or e-mail. There will be no interview now or ever".

My request for Al Jazeera to assign a single point of contact caused more consternation, on their part than I thought possible.

"Effendi, we will have to receive permission from Qatar for something like this."

Another statement, this time by some guy who seemed to be just standing around. "You expect there will be more of these broadcasts in the future?"

I answered him with: "This region has been in-conflict for several thousand years, I find it difficult to expect one broadcast to change all that. Yes, I would think there will be many more such sessions. Keep in mind, Mustapha is merely the messenger', kill him and someone else will take his place. I will say this, and you can quote me, what will be said today and in everything henceforth will focus on the steps that will be made to bring about a change in the region. Small steps, but nonetheless, steps that will allow the people to gain hope. They will see a future, not for them but for their children or perhaps their children's children. If I were to hazard a guess, change will take a generation or two to even start to take hold."

"The group we represent will bring about restoring many of things this area needs. If we do not, the radical and extreme elements on both sides will grow and the evitable war predicted will happen. We support all. Christian, Jew, Moslem, Arab, Gentile, no matter. What we will bring about is not a 'free ride' nor some life of handouts to people. Over many years change will happen only if the people want it to occur."

"The first step that will be taken is what Mustapha will speak of in today's broadcast."

From the look on his face, I perhaps had spoken of things he did not like to hear. If I were to tell him what I knew and as I had been told it would be much worse.

A little about the 'New Order', actually more about what they were not. I guess I need to re-phrase that, I suppose that I was now a part, therefore, it would be better to say what 'we' were not.

We were not a 'secret society', although over time, the form, names and its goals have changed. The preservation on human kind had always been its purpose. How that was accomplished changed as needed. What Mustapha would say today would be as new to me as any who heard it the first time. The appeal to members was quite varied and from what I had been led to believe, was not limited to any one race or creed.

Not all who knew we existed shared the same goals and taught similar precepts. Yes, those who were opposed were many.

I had my suspicions about many things I had been told about the 'New Order' yet I would hold conjecture about those for now.

The one thing that had been made certain was that the change for this region was real and whatever the cost and things required would be provided. This idea that 'Steve', AKA, Mustapha, would set things into motion today which no government on Earth could stop.

This time going to the roof was anti-climactic. There were not a million men down below, there were many more. It seemed those in Cairo made that estimate seem insignificant. Our troops were formed up more as keepers and guards now. We six left our rooms and went up, Mustapha alone walked to the roof's edge, held his hands aloft and walked back to the podium. I made a mental note that foolishness had to stop or a sniper would have a good day.

I will let you hear the bulk of what Mustapha had to say:

I am Mustapha. I was born in Lebanon then raised in Turkey. I have hated those who call this region home since the day my parents were killed by who you may think of as Arab patriots. How one Moslem killing another can be patriotic I do not know. A short time ago I met a man who offered me a choice. A choice to continue to wallow in my hate and pity or actually do something to help bring about a change so others would not have to suffer as I did. Let me tell you that was not a choice made easily. It took quite a long time for me to make it.

The fact that I am here before you means I did make a choice to join them. When I did more details for how change here would be brought about became known to me. I am but a messenger. I was selected because I spoke the languages here as well as could understand better the pain and conditions you experience.

We are not a political, religious or government organization trying to win over your hearts and minds. What we are though are people who are committed to bring about a huge improvement in this region first, then the world in general.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.