Forever Young
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2013 by Rolf

Cast of Characters

Karl the main character, an Alpha Vampyre.

Mai his companion was a Vampyre, but not permanent, yet.

Sandi another companion was a Vampyre, but not permanent, yet.

Pia seemed to ask for help from Karl(as a little girl), but was a Vampyre, not permanent, yet.

Hans, was a boy in 1945 that Karl had rescued, turns out he was Karl's son. Now turned on a temp basis.

Marge was Hans's niece now turned on a temp basis.

Fern is a mystery Vampyre girl, not yet turned on a permanent basis.

From the previous portion of our story:

Han's, then Marge, both finally agreed to proceed. As Hans reverted back to the way he looked and felt at twenty, and Marge considered that she would no longer age, at least for some time, they were now 'true' believers. The Elders and several human 'Elites' were present to observe. They all saw the transformations and wisely decided withhold what they saw until and unless suitable candidates were made available.

Of course, they all wanted that change for themselves. The temp one for humans, the permanent changes for Vampyres. Fern was now a very popular and important figure. Perhaps too popular for her own good. We would see to that soon enough.

The acceptance of each other was, as mentioned, a slow process, a very slow one. As it was written, 'too little, too late' can often become a powerful motivator for accepting change. The finding of a dozen torn and shredded bodies of Human and Vampyre alike gave credence to what was being told to the leadership of both sides.

It was agreed. Now was the time to make use of this new 'weapon'.

I hoped, even now, that it was not too late.

It seemed that war was on now. It was no longer one race vs. another. For better or worse, both sides were now forced to work together. The 'turning' issue no longer seemed to be viewed as a negative, nor was the traits of being Human. The combined skills and natural abilities inherent in Humans that were turned, were to make those Humans who were selected more like an Vampyre Alpha male in terms of strength and intelligence. Both Elders and Human Elites agreed that the combined attributes and enhanced senses of the Vampyres would make teams an almost unbeatable attack or protection solution. It was then that Human ingenuity was revealed. A war had been predicted for some time. Advances in technology and tactics had been made ready. Now, instead of a Human/Vampyre match fight, these advances were now made available to us also. Body armour, special weapons and combined team defensive as well as offensive tactics were quickly introduced as primary roles to these newly created teams.

Vampyres were used to individual action, they were thought to be the more difficult to learn a new way. The improvement these changes and new weapons afforded however, were easily recognized. The blending of both made acceptance an easy decision. Now these teams began to train.

It was decided to focus each team on either offence or defense only. A team would either protect all or engage in attack. More human technology, especially that which let night no longer be a handicap made many Vampyre gain a new respect for these humans.

So far very little had changed for most. When several dozen were found slain, all in one section, things changed. The general populous of both Human and Vampyre now began to use the teams as it was originally intended. Many of the outlying sectors were abandoned, protection teams extended and overlapped coverage areas and attack teams accompanied these defense only, never leaving Human or Vampyre un-guarded. This move helped, the lessened territory greatly enhanced protection.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.