Marine Games - Cover

Marine Games

Copyright© 2013 by Frabarn

Chapter 9: The Family Grows

About 4 weeks into the school year, Bret was approached by Brooke, Linda and Sally. It seemed that they were being harassed by a gang of kids at school. Someone had discovered the girls were orphans and were continually bothering the girls. Bret and Bob1 escorted the girls around campus the next day resulting in a confrontation with the gang. The results of the confrontation left 3 gang members in the hospital and the rest expelled. Following a meeting of the family it was decided that all family members would be enrolled in Mike Miyagi's classes. From observing the way the girls handled the situation several more students approached the group requesting they be included in the classes. The end result was that Bret had 14 young ladies from 18 to 21 participating in classes that he was teaching. While Mike was involved with teaching the family members.

Learning that all the girls were without family support and having trouble making ends meet with school, Bret had a family meeting. The twelve new girls were, Samantha and Sandy Fox, (21 and 18 year old Japanese sisters), Linda and Lucy James, (19 year old Swedish twins), Little Star Rising and Quiet Fawn, (19 and 18 year old cousins), Mary Cox, and Keisha Young, (18 year old friends from Watts), Maria Sanchez and Juanita Chavez, (19 year old cousins from San Diego), Brandy Jones and Rebecca White, (18 year old friends from Bakersfield). With each family agreeing Bret and Steve moved in with Mike Miyagi. Samantha and Sandy Fox joined Linda and Lucy James moving into Bret's house. Brandy Jones moved into the Wilson's house. Maria Sanchez moved into the Martinez house. Juanita Chavez moved in with Bob and Diane Barker. Rebecca White moved in with Bill and Ann Simpson. Little Star Rising, Quiet Fawn, Mary Cox, and Keisha Young moved into the 4th house/clubhouse. With everyone living close together the 14 girls began running and exercising with Bret and Bob1 in the mornings. With Bret having removed the stress from their lives the girls became very dedicated to working out. The kids and Andy were in heaven having so many playmates around. The environment was such that everyone begin to excel at both their conditioning as well as school. The Mike Bret and Steve's House became the un official study hall. with one room devoted to computers. With the number of students as well as the kids from the family, there were almost continual studying and tutoring going on.

Bret, being the instructor he was, soon had a class of very skilled students in the art of self-defense. By spring break at school the girls could pass their black belt tests. All of the girls, being aware of Bret's history with the Marine Games, began asking Bret to expand their knowledge into other disciplines of marine life. With the help of Bob1, Bob2, Bill2, Gunny Bill, and Mike, Bret soon had instruction available to the girls that was as good if not better then basic training. Using evenings and weekends until school was out and then the summer whenever one of the guys was available, by the end of the summer the girls were as well trained as any marine boot.

As the new school year approached a major problem surfaced. With the economy in trouble many of the aid programs were being discontinued. This resulted in 11 of the 14 girls having their financial support terminated. A family meeting was called and the problem discussed. Bret told the girls that he could afford to fund their education. The girls appreciated this but thought it was too much after all he had already done. They decided that since they knew what marine life was about that they would enlist for 4 years and then with the G.I.Bill's help complete their education. Due to the closeness the 14 girls had developed they all enlisted as a group and were promised they would be stationed in San Diego for training.

So it was that on September 23, 14 young ladies were sworn into the Marine Corp. The girls were a diverse group composed of two Oriental, six White Americans, two Native Americans, two Hispanics, and two Black American. To say the D. I.'s were not prepared for them is an understatement. The girls following in Bret's shoes were unassuming and respectful. They were attentive in all their classes and supportive of their fellow boots. It was quite evident though that they were not ordinary boots. They excelled at all classes of instruction and were in better shape than the D.I.'s. Each girl qualified expert in all weapons and skills. With a virtual tie for top recruit, The Corp. acknowledge all of them and awarded the position by age, to Samantha Fox. After graduation from boot camp they were given their order for advance instruction. Having talked many evenings with Bret, Bob1, Bob2, Bill2 and Gunny Bill, they were able to receive their 1st choice in assignment. Before they reported for advance training they all submitted their requests for the Marine Games for the next year. The next 6 months were very intense between their advance training and their continued training in self-defense and running.

As expected both Bret and Bob1 were promoted to Gunny over the winter. The 25 Gunnies selected for the Marine Games were announced in May. As predicted Bret was the 1st Gunny selected and Bob1 was the 2nd selected. What the Captain in charge of the games was not expecting was that the day after the selection Bret and Bob1 turned in their selections for team members and the team member acceptance. Bret and Bob1 both stated that if any of their selections did not qualify high enough for consideration they would revise their teams. So it came to be that 1st Squad and 2nd Squad were the first all-female, squads for the games. I think it is now time to introduce the Squads.

Bret's Squad consisted of Scout: Samantha Fox, 5 '2" 110 lbs. Sniper: Linda James, 5'4" 115 lbs. Medic: Keisha Young, 5'3" 110 lbs. Communications: Linda Smith, 5'2" 105 lbs. Heavy Weapons: Brandy Jones, 5'5" 120 lbs. Redundant: Juanita Chavez, 5'1" 100 lbs. and Demolition: Little Star Rising, 5'3" 105 lbs.

Bob's Squad consisted of Scout: Quiet Fawn, 5'4" 115 lbs. Sniper: Lucy James, 5'2" 110 lbs. Medic: Sandy Fox, 5'0" 100 lbs. Communications: Maria Sanchez, 5'2" 110 lbs. Heavy Weapons: Mary Cox, 5'4" 120 lbs. Redundant: Sally Jones, 5'3" 115 lbs. and Demolitions: Rebecca White, 5'3" 115 lbs.

During Qualifying the girls participated in much the same sports as Bret had. Sandy Fox and Keisha Young did compete in first aid and field medicine. The top score of the Girls went to Samantha Fox with 13 points and the low score went to Keisha Young with 24 points. During all of the Qualifying the squads trained during all their free time. In the evenings Bret and Bob1 would get with Samantha and Quiet fawn and discuss the terrain and possible problem that they might expect. As the day of the Start approached there was an increasing level of anticipation.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.