The Chronicle of A.H.Rittele - Cover

The Chronicle of A.H.Rittele

Copyright© 2013 by DragonBlood

Chapter 7

As I ran I began to consider everything that had happened and how I would react to it. I'd already decided that I wasn't going to confront my family about my being not one of them, I felt it'd be very counter-productive.

After all what could my mother say? Sorry? Discussing the issue could only upset the deli-cate balance I had worked hard to achieve. In our house I was the quiet one. Brent was the one who would get into trouble all of the time and argue with the parents while Cass would be the one involved in extra-curricular activities and being the favourite child. Meanwhile I simply slid under the radar.

I didn't do sports, academics or lots of socialising. I was generally an average kid. I saw comfortably sat in the top set for all my subjects but I didn't come off as particularly smart, quite deliberately I might add. I hated how people expect more of smarter kids and they are vastly under appreciated.

For example, Brent was a well-known troublemaker. Not the sort who would set fire to things or start fights or whatever, he'd simply talk back or not do his homework or some-thing. Then be completely unrepentant about it. If Brent managed a term without being ex-cluded it was always commented upon, as if it's an achievement. If he got higher than a C it was an achievement. But if Cass got less than an A then clearly she wasn't applying herself properly.

I knew that it bothered her quite a bit. Not that she resented Brent or the Parents. It's just the way the world works.

You might be able to tell that it bothered me quite a bit too.

My reverie was broken by the feel of my phone vibrating in my pocket.

I tapered of my jog to a steady walk and flipped out my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?" I said curiously, wondering who would be ringing at this time.

"Alex, where are you?" Cass's voice asked me, sounding equally as curious.

Glancing about I noticed that I was at the park maybe five minutes from the house.

"Just passed the park, why do you ask?" I replied still slightly perplexed.

"Because it's half seven and Mom is wondering where you are." Cass replied drily.

I looked at the screen of my phone in shock and found it was indeed half seven in the morning. Had I been jogging for two hours?

"Eh, I woke up early and went for a walk." I replied calmer than I felt. "I'll be back in five."

"Okay." She chirped in reply. "I'll put some toast in for you."

"Thanks" I replied as she cut off the call.

I checked the time again and shook my head and continued walking in the direction of my house.

How could I have been jogging for two hours and not noticed?

And better yet, my body felt fine. In-fact it felt great. My muscles were all pleasantly warm and I felt pumped. As if I could easily run another two hours.

'This magic stuff is great' I thought happily as I walked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.