The Chronicle of A.H.Rittele - Cover

The Chronicle of A.H.Rittele

Copyright© 2013 by DragonBlood

Chapter 2

Dear Alexander

This is very difficult for me to write, I wish that I could simply tell you this news face to face but I'm afraid that is not possible at the moment. You see Alexander I am your Father not David Walker. I know, I know, difficult to believe right? But it's true! Surely you've noticed it? I managed to get a hold of a photo of your family not long ago and I can clearly tell you aren't one of them. Oh you have Mandy's jaw and cheekbones but otherwise you're the exact opposite to your siblings! Blue eyes to all their green? Black hair to their blonde? Short to their tall? Stocky to their lean? Any of this sounding familiar son?

But I'm afraid that's not all I have to tell you. The reason I send you this now is simple, I fear for my life and I wanted to make sure you receive your inheritance without leading my enemies to your doorstep. See Alexander, Magic is real. And no I'm really telling the truth! I wish there was something simple I could ask you to do to prove this but frankly there isn't, not until you awake your heritage properly will you be able to do Magic yourself.

However if you look at the book I sent you, (Which is our family Grimoire by the way) you will see a metal clasp. Simply lay your hand on the clasp and it shall open. The book knows how its owner is. How exactly a book knows anything I'm not quite sure ... Enchantment never was my thing.

Right once you've done that, then the Grimoire will answer to you and you alone. It will always find its way back to you when you need it (I'm not quite sure on the specifics of that ability either) and will only let you see the contents.

The very first thing you need to do Alexander is a magical pledge. This is incredibly important as it will unlock any magic talents you may possess. You see, although magic is an innate talent, most people never do any magic or even learn of its existence as it requires some kind of catalyst to activate your magic. A pledging ritual or a near-death experience will do this. I suggest the ritual.

Now there is something important you must understand about Magic, I'll only gloss over it because your Grimoire has all the details inside. There are Magical creatures, Demons, Angels, Dragons and so forth. My father was a Demon. He wasn't a nice fellow if I'm honest. Now this made me Half-Demon and you a quarter-Demon and gives us both a special affinity for what's called 'Dark' Magic.

Now please don't be fooled into thinking this makes us inherently evil because it does not! You simply are better at Magic dealing with 'Dark' subjects. Or you will be if you pledge toward the darker aspects of magic. I didn't and I must admit I regret it, I strongly recommend you do!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.