The Case of the Missing Woman
Chapter 30: Operation Rescue: Judith

Copyright© 2013 by Mendon Fishers

At breakfast with Ray the next morning, they discussed their plans with him. He agreed to use his influence and have the judge that imprisoned Judith "talked" to.

That afternoon, Percy and Angela left in the corporate jet for Boston. It began the start of what they called, "Operation Rescue: Judith."

The first order of business was to find Judith a home. To that end Angela hired one of the better real-estate firms in Boston to find Judith a place to live, while Percy paid the bail bondsman and recovered Judith's personal belongs, which he had moved into the new apartment.

Percy arranged for a personal shopper to set up the apartment and purchase anything needed.

In the mean time Angela and a few of her father's attorneys visited the judge and gained Judith's release. Percy and Angela picked her up at the jail.

Percy was dismayed at how much Judith had change since he saw her a year ago at Broadway Show opening in Boston. She was no longer the tall, haughty, well dressed and well spoken woman. Her shoulders were slumped, her hair was showing signs of grey, and no longer did she have that wonderful take charge attitude.

She was a woman who had been beaten down by life.

Percy felt his heart go out to her and Angela put her arms around Judith, "We're here to help you," was all Angie said. Judith the hard self controlled woman she was, broke down and cried. "Thank you. Thank both of you. Percy you should hate me instead of helping me. And Angela, I hope you make him happier than I could."

Angela never let go of Judith on the ride back to Judith's new home.

When they all got to the apartment, Judith looked around and suddenly spotted some of her old belongs. She looked at Angela and Percy with tears in her eyes.

"That's correct Judith; Percy had your things moved into this apartment. It's yours as long as you wish" was all Angela said.

Judith broke down and collapsed. Percy carried her to her bedroom and Angela undressed her and tucked her in. Judith slept the entire night. Angela and Percy slept in the spare bedroom.

Angela made love to Percy that night.

He wondered if she was restating her claim on him.

"She doesn't need to, I already know I love her, " thought Percy before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning Angela woke up Percy and went to see if Judith was ok. They met in the kitchen where Percy had coffee brewing and French toast started. Judith ate in quiet. Angela and Percy could see that she was doing everything to hold herself in check.

Angela got up and put her arms around Judith, "It's all over now. We're here for you." Soon Percy joined and it was a group hug. Judith broke down again, the second time since leaving jail.

The door bell rang a few minutes later. The personal shopper had arrived. Percy was soon delegated to the background as the three women discussed important items, like shopping. The girls disappeared into Judith's bedroom, emerging fully dressed. Angela kissed Percy saying, "We're going shopping and then the spa. I'll call you late this afternoon and tell you what time to meet us for dinner."

Percy spent the day with Ray's "associates" learning about the family business in Boston and meeting "friends" of Ray's. Near the mid afternoon, Percy thought he spotted people following him when his cell phone rang, the caller ID was blank. "Hello Percy, I just wanted to explain to you that those gentlemen following you are your bodyguards. Another group is protecting Angela and Judith."

Percy started to protest when, "Get used to it," he was told. The phone call was ended on the other end.

Later Angela called him and told him the time and restaurant. He was also pointed at a men's shop where an outfit for dinner was picked out for him. He was to be there at 2:00 pm so they could fit the clothes to him if necessary. This filled most of Percy's afternoon.

It was almost 8:00pm when Percy walked into the restaurant. He was shown to a small private dining room. The women were fashionable late, and Percy had just ordered his second drink when they were shown in. Judith looked beautiful. Her hair was styled and colored to hide the grey. Her new outfit suited her to a "t", and best of all she was smiling and happy again. She was the old Judith that Percy had once loved.

But Percy only had eyes for Angela.

Angela left Judith looking as if she was an old bag lady. Angela was that gorgeous. Angels had style and grace. She was a lady. To be exact, she was Percy's lady and he only had eyes for her.

As Percy stared at Angela he heard, "I know she's beautiful and she loves you too," whispered Judith.

Percy looked at Judith. "You're all she talked about all afternoon," was the reply he got.

They had a very nice dinner. Angela managed to touch Percy almost the entire time they were in the restaurant and all the time on the limo ride home. Judith noticed the touches. She missed Percy but saw that he now belonged to Angela.

It took a month before Judith climbed out of her depression and started to resemble her old self. Percy and Angela included her in everything they did. There were trips back to Philly to see Angela's family and various friends. There were NYC trips to shop, see Broadway shows, attend parties and just plain other stuff.

Judith did not have any chance to dwell in her depression.

The only times Judith was alone was at night in her bed. On those nights she missed her simple life with Percy. Percy was a much better lover than Jonathan ever was. Percy always made love to her; Jonathan just used her for his own pleasure. She realized one night that she had never loved the person Jonathan, but the feeling of wealth and power she got from him.

Later that week as Judith tried to sleep, she overheard Percy and Angela in their post orgasm bliss. "I don't think that we have missed making love once in the last year," Percy said with a satisified smile on his face. "You know that I'm on a downhill slide to 60. What are you going to do when I can't perform every night?" he continued.

"That's what they make those 'Little Blue pills' for," was all Angela replied.

Judith did not sleep well that night.


One morning while having breakfast Angela dropped a bomb on Judith, "Percy we need to take a trip to Vermont. The girls are in their last trimester now."

Judith dropped her fork, "Whose pregnant?"

"Tara and Jenny. Wanna come with us for a visit?" Angela answered.

A look of confusion crossed Judith's face, "They won't want anything to do with me after what I did to Percy."

"Judith, those kids love you more than they ever loved their mother. You were there for them when Percy was badly shot and again when he had his heart attack. You were the glue that kept the family together. They still want you in their lives."

Angela then smiled, "And besides I already told them you were coming."

So clothes suitable for the north country of Vermont were bought and packed, phone calls were made, and the company plane reserved.

As the little family got closer to the Lodge, Judith became quieter. Angela sat on one side of her talking a mile a minute in an attempt to cheer her up. Percy sat on Judith's other side and just held her hand. Judith didn't relax until she saw two very pregnant females with their husband waiting as the plane landed.

While these pregnant women waddled up to them calling Judith's name she came to the conclusion she was still loved. Her life had just taken a turn for the better. The women climbed into one of the SUV's and drove off to the Lodge. It was baby talk all the way back.

Percy and the two expectant fathers were left to carry the luggage to the other SUV. "Well they might as well get used to family life now. They'll be carrying stuff back and forth for the next 20 years," mused Percy

When the guys reached the camp an inspection of the new baby rooms was in full force. All they heard was, "Oh that's so cute" or "What great colors!" or "I love that ________."

(You get the picture.)

The only time the guys were talked to was to be told where to put the baggage. Such is a father's life.

It was night and Angela and Percy were finally in bed when the baby talk drew to an end. Well not quite, Angela spent about the next 45 minutes trying to convince Percy that they were not too old to start a family of their own. Percy wasn't so sure about children at his age, but agreed to practice. Angela was very very satisfied with Percy's response.

Judith was the only one who heard them. That night she slept hugging her pillow, again. It helped keep the loneliness away.

It was about two weeks later at breakfast when Judith broached the subject, "Percy, I'd like to talk about my return to Boston. There is nothing for me back there and I would like to stay here. I could help with the running of the Lodge by filling in while the girls are taking care of their babies."

"Don't ask me," Percy interrupted. "I gave everything to the kids. Ask them."

Jenny spoke first, "Judith, I want my baby to have two grandmothers. One here at the camp and one I can ship them off to in Philly when Dean and I need a break. I think Tara feels the same."

Tara and Dr Jim just added their agreement to the plan. Judith had a new home and a family loved her.

Percy and Angela left three days later. They were heading to Boston to arrange for all of Judith's belongs to be shipped to the Lodge. This time Judith joined the family at the airport. She looked as if she was finally happy.

Percy comments to Angie, "Now all we need do is find her a good man to make her happy."

"No my love, she loves only you. Any man she meets will always be compared to you in her mind. She had a taste of the best and nothing will ever match up."

Percy was shocked by this revelation.

Angela just cuddled closer, "You're mine now and no one will ever get you away from me."

She had staked her claim. He was her man.


Angela and Percy's wedding drew close. The plans were interrupted because one of the bridesmaid dresses had to be retailored because of an early birth of a daughter. For some reason Angela was all smiles about this setback in her plans. I guess, Percy and her father calling her Grandmother helped, plus all the baby pictures that arrived by computer almost every day.

Tara looked as if she was carrying twins. She wasn't but as much as her husband Dr. Jim assured her, she had her doubts. As her due date and the wedding date got closer, Tara began to fear that the birth of her baby would mess up the wedding. Her husband (Dr Jim) stopped the discussion when he caught the girls discussing induced labor.

"Enough is enough! If I hear one more thing you'll stay home and not attend the wedding. All of you!" was his exasperated reply.

The three women walked very carefully around him for the next week. Jim walked around the lodge as if he was actually in charge. Things soon returned to normal. The women ordered and he just said, "Yes dear". The baby was born one week before the wedding. The dressmaker was happy about the baby but pissed about the extra work. Angela made sure that every part of the wedding was changed so that her two grandchildren could take part.

Percy just took it all in stride. After all this was the fourth time he married. The only time he became upset was when Angela cut him off the week before the wedding. Percy had become used to their nightly trysts and didn't want to give them up. But Angela insisted, and as all men know, she who controls the pussy, makes the rules.

Percy took cold showers all week.

The wedding was a major Philly news event. Because of both Percy and Angela's prior marriages, they were married in a civil ceremony. The wedding was held outside at a formal public garden. Somehow the park was closed to the public and only 1100 of the families closest friends attended. Percy beamed as his soon to be bride walked down the path toward his son Todd and himself. In his eyes, she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

But then he just might be a little partial.

Percy's attention was momentarily diverted by her Maid of Honor, Judith. Judith was glowing with pride for her friend Angela. Percy was amazed at how close the two had become in these few months. To see them together one would have surmised that they were childhood friends not rivals for the same man.

If he lived to be a hundred, Percy would never understand women.

Percy's attention was drawn back to the service by the judge asking, "Who gives this person away?"

"My late wife and I do, with great pride and humble hopes for her continued happiness being married to this man," solemnly spoke her father. With that simple action the marriage began. It was almost 14 hours later that he and Angela left the country club for their honeymoon as Mr. and Mrs. Percy and Angela Holmes.

The next morning they left for a month long honeymoon in Europe. Angela left with a list of places she wanted to share with her new husband, Percy left with a list of special men to meet.

This list was furnished by Angela's father, the Don.

Angela's father took Percy aside and warned, "These men are not your friends, make them no promises and do not offer them your hand first. It is a sign of weakness. You may invite them to visit your home and family. Never expect them to be your friends. You are under their protection as long as you and Angela are in their areas of influence. But do not trust them."

"But what about the Italian, Jerry, who helped with our problem with the slavers?" Percy asked.

"Especially him," was the answer Percy got.

Ray and Percy agreed to spend more time together when the honeymooners returned. Percy suddenly realized that his life depended on how well he understood these "hard" men.

He vowed to pay a lot more attention to these discussions.


Europe was fascinating. They toured all the major cities stopping at all the important sites. At various parts of their trip, someone would hand them an invitation to dinner or a party or some other social event. They were all very politely worded, but not to be ignored.

Percy met some of the most powerful men in Europe. These men were not politations or heads of mighty business empires. They were very quiet, soft spoken, gentlemen. Any ordinary person would have taken them for nothing more than really rich men, except for their eyes. The same hard eyes lurked behind those false smiles. They all belonged to the same club.

At every event Percy and Angela attended, Percy was discreetly escorted to a private room. Sometimes it was an office and sometimes it was just a private room. But in every case Percy was introduced to a gentleman. The gentleman who was the most powerful individual in that area, usually a very large area. The meeting seemed as if it was just one man offering his best wishes on another man's recent wedding. But the body language told the actual truth.

In each case, Percy was being tested. Percy hoped like hell he was passing. He thought, "These guys were dangerous". And then as he thought more about it, "These guys are very dangerous.".

Percy and Angela were preparing to return home. They missed their own beds and seeing their new grandchildren. Touring the continent was great, but getting home would end the perfect honeymoon. That's why Percy was surprised when another invitation was handed to him. This time it was to extend their honeymoon for an additional week and stay on the Black Sea as the guests of a man Percy had never heard of and his family.

Percy called home to speak to Ray.

When Ray answered Percy starting explaining the invitation when Ray interrupted, "He called me Percy and asked if he could invite the two of you to his home. I Ok'd it. The Russian gentleman and I have wanted to meet for years, but the right opportunity never presented itself."

"So Angie and I are the right time?"

"No, he has information to share about the slavers."

Percy and Angela extended their honeymoon.


The flight to Russia was again by private plane, only this time instead of it being one of Ray's Company planes, it was a Russian one. When the border into the former USSR was crossed, a military jet escort arrived off each wing tip. One of the individuals on Percy's flight started talking into a cell phone. After some very rapidly spoken words in Russian, he hung up. Before three minutes elapsed, the fighters peeled off and went away.

The passenger jet had the sky to itself for the rest of the flight.

Percy and Angela were picked up at the airport by three Rolls Royce Limos. The cars were escorted by armored vehicles from the former Red Army. The ride to the dacha was quick and uninterrupted by traffic.

It was as if the road was cleared and they were the only ones allowed to use it.

Angela was impressed. She asked Percy, "I wonder if Dad has the power to pull this off."

Their escort just smiled as Percy shook his head, "No".

The arrival at the dacha showed Percy that there was real power in their host. The house and grounds were surrounded by a military base. No one could get near that house unless invited.

At the front door they were met by their hosts.

In perfect English the man said, "Welcome to my home, Mr. and Mrs. Holmes. This is my wife Tatiana and I am Anatoly. Please make yourselves comfortable. Anything you wish is my challenge to provide." Then he reached out his hand to Percy. This was the ultimate gesture of subservience to Percy.

Percy accepted the offered hand.

After a fantastic dinner, they became acquainted, Percy joined his host in the study for after dinner cigars and brandy. When the opportunity presented itself, Percy grasped Anatoly's hand and said, "My friend we are now equals. We share."

"I now understand why Don Vito speaks so highly of you. You are much more than just his son-in-law. Just possibly his successor."

Percy remained both humble and silent.

"Percy we cannot stay away from our wives long before they come looking for us. We will be forced to speak in small bits over the next week. At the end you will be fully informed in the operation of those slavers. They do not appear to be nice people"

"I have seen examples of their work. They defiantly are not nice people," Percy offered.

"Then you will be sad to learn they are your fellow Americans."

Their wives came looking for them by that time. Two more brandies were poured and Tatiana shared Anatoly's cigar. Angela tried Percy's but at first puff she dissolved into a coughing fit. Everyone enjoyed a laugh at Angela's expense, except Angela, but she was a good sport about it. Tatiana even offered to teach Angela, but Angela declined.

Percy excused his bride and they retired to the bedroom they were assigned. Angela was still coughing from the cigar, so Percy just held her in his arms. It was the first night they went to sleep without making love.

They made up for it the next morning and were late for breakfast. When they finally showed up for breakfast, Tatiana and Anatoly were waiting their arrival. Anatoly kept a running commentary under his breath in Russian that kept Tatiana howling. Somehow Percy suspected he and Angela were the subjects of Anatoly's jokes. Maybe it was the way that Anatoly said something in Russian. Tatiana looked at Percy or Angela, and then dissolved into laughter.

That was how our stay in Russia went. We laughed, joked and saw some sights. We traveled to Moscow and watched the ballet. Anatoly and I became friends.

We never talked business In our wives company.

One morning at breakfast Tatiana said, "Angela and I are going to the beach to work on our tans. If we stay there for 3-4 hours will that give you men time to do your business?"

Anatoly said, "Thank you. We will be brief."

And that's how I learned about the slavery ring and all its twists.

Anatoly explained that organized crime had no part in this ring. It was operated by some very nasty but very rich individuals. Women from the ages of about 16 to 40 were kidnapped off the streets by specially trained "pick-up" teams. These kidnappings are accomplished to orders placed by customers. These customers were some of the richest people in the world. The average slave sold for a minimum of $100,000 once they were "trained".

The training the kidnappers applied broke the women's wills, sprits, and minds. The women were beaten and abused until there was nothing left of their individually. They were then conditioned into believing they only lived to serve their master. A slave usually lasted about 3-4 years before their owner tired of them.

If the owner was not able to resell the slave, she was destroyed.

Anatoly detailed the distribution system from capture to training to sale. Percy began to suspect that Anatoly knew too much about this system and became worried.

"Percy, you wonder how I know so much about these animals. Well I have made it my life's work to destroy them because they kidnapped my baby sister years ago."

Anatoly stopped for a minute then continued, "She died hard my friend and so will they. I swore a vow over her grave."

Anatoly put his head in his hands and sobbed.

Percy quickly left to room to afford his friend some privacy. Percy knew about these men and what they were capable of doing from seeing Kate Cooper at the clinic.

When Anatoly came out of his office, he and Percy had a quiet drink before leaving to join their wives. Tatiana took one look at her husband, wrapped her arms around him, and led him back to the dacha. Angela looked at Percy with a question written on her pretty face.

Percy just shook his head, "no". Angela left the question unasked. But Percy knew he had to share this horror with her.

He planned to stop in Switzerland and visit the clinic on their way home.


Angela was quiet on the flight back to Philly from the Clinic in Switzerland. Percy had arranged for Angela to view the DVD's of Kathy from her arrival until Percy's breakthrough with her. The final day of their stay, Percy arranged for Angie to visit Kathy and her husband Bill. They met in Kathy's small room that she shared with Bill. Kathy needed a small room because of the conditioning her kidnappers through.

Kathy never strayed more than one or two feet from her husband Bill. Most of the time she was always touching or holding him. It was as if she gained all her strength from her husband.

Later Percy and Angela met with Kathy's doctor. The doctor was extremely pleased with Kathy's progress, but cautioned, "This may be all the progress we ever see."

Angela, Percy and Ray were sitting in the library having an after dinner drink and talking about all the wonderful things the newlyweds had done and seen on their honeymoon when Angela said, "Daddy, Percy and I stopped in Switzerland on the way back. Percy showed me the special clinic."

She stopped to regain her composure, "Dad, I met a poor woman that was sold into slavery and had her mind destroyed. You and Percy must do everything you two can to prevent this from happening to any more women."

Ray gave Percy a very dirty look, "Honey, I 'm only one man. I don't have the power to help."

"Bullshit Daddy! I've known who Don Vito is for many years. You couldn't have expected to hide your other identity from me forever. I've seem your "friends". They are not nice people. I appreciate your attempts at shielding me from the truth, but these slavers must be stopped."

Then softly she said, "And I don't care how you stop them. Just do it."

Having said her piece, Angela left the two men alone.

Ray continued to glare at Percy.

"Ray, I'm sorry but I had to tell her. The Russian diagramed the slavery ring for me. When he finished he was crying."

"Crying?" questioned Ray.

"Many years ago his sister was kidnapped by them. She was killed. He wants these men very badly. Angela and the Russian's wife walked in on us as Anatoly broke down. And you know Angela she wouldn't let it be until I told her the whole story."

"Yes I know. Once Angela gets something in her head..." he acknowledged.

"Well the only way I could convince her was to stop in Switzerland and let her see for herself. Now she knows what the enemy can do. Will you help me, Don Vito?"

"These are very powerful people so we must be very careful. We start in the morning."

That night in bed Angela would not let Percy go. It was as if she was frightened and he was her white knight. He felt sorry for her because life had finally made an appearance in her pampered existence.

And she didn't like it.


Percy and his father-in-law spent the next week, locked in Ray's study on the secure phone. Ray called his "friends". Some of the calls were friendly, some were aggressive and some were confrontational. But in the end "Don Vito" prevailed. Requests were made, or orders given. Either way the search was on.

Bits and pieces of information trickled back in to them. The day's turned into weeks and still no breakthrough. Then when they had just about given up, some information arrived. There was going to be a sale in one month on a private island near Greece.

Now how to crash that little party.

Anyone walking into Ray's office would think they were walking into a war room. There were maps, charts, equipment lists, schedules, personnel charts and all sorts of logistical information. Percy was impressed. In all his years in police work he had never run into this level of detail.

One day Percy and Ray were deep in planning when they were interrupted by a commotion in the hall. Investigation revealed Angela and Tatiana in some sort of female greeting ritual. They were both talking at the same time, hugging, kissing, and complementing each other on clothes, hair and anything else they could think of.

Poor Henry the butler was beside himself, this was not the proper way to welcome guests.

Percy felt a pair of big hairy arms grab him from behind, "Percy my American friend, were you planning on keeping the war effort a secret from me?" asked Anatoly.

Percy laughed, "I should have known it was impossible to even try. Anatoly please let me introduce my father-in-law."

"Mr. Santiago, I am honored to make your acquaintance. Meeting you and becoming your friend has always one of my many goals. May I call you Ray and you please call me Anatoly?"

"Welcome to my home sir. I am honored to have you as a guest, but I am also surprised you would choose to arrive without calling first," was my father-in-laws answer.

"Please forgive my lack of etiquette. I lost control when I found you had located my enemies and were planning on crashing their 'party'. I want these people very badly for personal reasons. May I offer my assistance?" was his reply.

Percy watched the relationship being defined and stabilized. When the two men finished, Ray was defined as the "Alpha" and Anatoly a pack member.

The secure phone in the office rang and all three men left to answer it.

The wives were left standing in the hall.

Tatiana turned to Angela, "This thing is very important to my Anatoly."

"It is important to me also," said Angela. "Let's get you guys settled in one of the suites and then have some coffee. I have new pictures to show you of my grandchildren. Did you bring any pictures of yours?"


The men did not leave that room unless it was bedtime and that was usually in the wee hours of the morning. This went on for over a week. They even had their meals in that room.

Anatoly brought a new level to the planning. Whenever a bit of extra information was proving difficult to obtain Anatoly stated, "I might have a friend in that area that could help." And off to the phone he went.

He would spend hours talking in rapid Russian into the connection.

The he would hang up the phone and smile, "I believe I have your information." The information always proved to be accurate.

Once or twice a day the men would take a break and visit with the women. For the men it was a welcome break, for the women it just increased their anxiety. They dreaded the fact that their men would soon be leaving for Greece to implement their plan.

One morning a helicopter arrived outside Ray's mansion. The five of them were having breakfast when it landed right outside the window.

"Your ride has arrived," stated Ray to both men.

Percy and Anatoly walked out to the helicopter and climbed in. As the craft took off, Percy looked back toward Angela. She and Tatiana were holding each other upright. He thought he spotted tears but could not be sure.

From the helicopter they were transferred to a private jet. The jet took off on a diversionary track toward Mexico. We landed at an out of the way airport and switched to a larger plane. This one with Russian markings and took off across the Atlantic towards Greece.

Their mission was underway.

After a long and circuitous flight, they landed on a small private air strip attached to a villa on the Red Sea. Anatoly was received like a visiting general. While there were no uniforms present, the way the men stood and carried themselves screamed military training.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.