The Case of the Missing Woman - Cover

The Case of the Missing Woman

Copyright© 2013 by Mendon Fishers

Chapter 26: Starting Bill's New Life

Percy made a point of visiting Bill Cooper that week. The two of them sat in Bill's study and watched the DCD of Kathy. Actually Bill watched the DVD, Percy watched Bill. As Bill watched the recording, Percy could detect no emotion but love for his wife in Bill's expressions.

Percy made his decision to tell Bill "The Plan".

The two men spent the rest of the evening discussing what had to be done. Bill agreed to call a realtor and put the bar and the house up for sale. A week later it sold to an out of town buyer, a group from the Philadelphia area.

Percy smiled when he learned that.

It took about a month to finish up all the details of the sale. But Percy found himself on a private jet with Bill. This time they flew to Toronto before sneaking on another private jet to Switzerland and the private landing strip for the clinic.

This time they were met by an Italian gentleman who introduced himself as an associate of Giovanni Cassini, the Don. "We have some details to discuss and I'll introduce to you to your employees at the hotel," was all he said.

The hotel turned out to be a 40 room structure in a very upscale section of the city with a bar and restaurant. Percy was impressed, Bill was overwhelmed. Bill was introduced to "his" staff and shown to a suite that belonged to the old owner where he soon crashed. He was mentally worn out, first by the trip and second by his new building.

Percy was placed in a regular room. As he waited for the elevator he saw the associate, "Please thank Johnny for me. This is way too much."

The next morning Percy and Bill took a cab to the clinic. Percy could sense the tension in Bill increase as the clinic came in sight. "What if she doesn't remember me, Percy? Or what if she doesn't want me?" The questions and doubts began to overwhelm Bill. Percy could do nothing but try to reassure him.

Doctor Fritz took Bill to the monitor room to watch Kate's interaction with Percy.

As Percy entered her room he was greeted with a short scream, "Percy, you're back! How's my Bill?" and the questions went on and on. "Is he still handsome? Is he eating OK? Is he happy" and "Does he miss me?" Percy struggled to keep up with her questions. He was very impressed with all the progress she had made in the months since his last visit. She was now wearing clothes and someone had provided her with a very natural looking wig to cover her badly scared head. He even detected a hint of makeup.

When they broke for Kate's lunch, Percy joined the Doctor and Bill.

The doctor began, "William and I have watched your morning interactions with Kate and feel it is an opportune moment to reintroduce the two of them after lunch. We would like you to spring the news to her that her Bill is here."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.