The Case of the Missing Woman
Chapter 15: Goodbye My Love

Copyright© 2013 by Mendon Fishers

Every year the Association Percy belonged to held a convention in Las Vegas to allow its members a look at the newest ideas and programs for the Hunting Camp/ Fishing Camp/ and Lodge industry. He went every year for several reasons, one it allowed him to network with his fellow owners, and two there was a hell of a lot of fun to be had in Vegas.

Judith and Percy went together and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves every year. It was like a second honeymoon, except they weren't really married.

After Kate's death, Judith was not her usual self, Percy knew that she and Kate had become close, but he had not expected Kate's death to affect Judith this much. Percy hoped the Vegas trip would help her become his "old" Judith. He missed her "old self". She was his rock.

Judith surprised Percy when she said she wouldn't be attending the conference this year.

"Percy take one of the kids this year. I need some time to myself, "was her only response. After that statement she refused to even discuss the subject.

Percy took Todd and Tara.

The lodge was slow this time of the year and both could be spared from their duties. And besides it would cause Judith extra work which might take her mind off whatever her troubles were.

The threesome had a great two weeks. Percy introduced his kids to his friends in the association and showed the kids the town. When their two weeks were up, none of them wanted to return. But with fresh ideas for the Lodge and re-charged batteries, they boarded an airplane and headed home.

One of the guides picked them up at the airport and drove the hour back home to the camp. At the camp Jenny and her husband met them at the door.

"Where's Judith?" Percy asked when she wasn't waiting with them.

"She left Dad, There's a letter for you in your office."

Percy felt as if someone had stabbed him in the heart. He almost ran to his office, shutting and locking the door behind. He wanted to read the letter alone. His heart filled with dread, opened the envelope he found on his desk.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.