The Anomaly Volume Two: the Schemes of the Unknown Unknown - Cover

The Anomaly Volume Two: the Schemes of the Unknown Unknown

Copyright© 2013 by Bradley Stoke

Chapter 20: Earth - 3753 C.E.

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 20: Earth - 3753 C.E. - Surely this is exactly what Beatrice was always meant to be. She had in Paul a loving faithful husband. She had as many other lovers as she might desire. And most of all she was playing a crucial role in the Space Ship Intrepid's quest for the Anomaly. How could it ever be better for her? But Beatrice's moment of glory and the success of the Intrepid's mission is under threat from shadowy and mysterious entities whose very existence has not even been suspected.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Ma/Ma   NonConsensual   Rape   Gay   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Science Fiction   Space   FemaleDom   Spanking   Rough   Humiliation   Sadistic   Interracial   Anal Sex   Fisting   Squirting   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story

"I'd almost forgotten why we were here," admitted Paul when the holographic message arrived for him at the hotel in the heart of the Amazon Jungle where he'd been staying with Beatrice. "It's been such a long time since we heard anything about the mission."

Professor Wasilewski's image flickered against the window through which could be seen a torrential downpour and lofty trees from which monkeys were howling at each other. The professor wasn't especially amused by Paul's remark.

"There are good reasons why we haven't bothered you for so long," he said wearily. "Nevertheless, your holiday is now over. You are urgently required at the briefing centre at South Pacific City. Please make sure you aren't late for even that."

As the image flickered out of sight, Paul glanced over at Beatrice who was lying on the bed beside him. "What's a holiday?" he asked. "Why is it over?"

"We've got just under a week to get from here to South Pacific City," said Beatrice who couldn't be bothered to explain to Paul the vocabulary of employment used throughout most of the Solar System. "It might take all of that time to get there."

"Why's that?" wondered Paul. "The Pacific Ocean's just on the other side of the Andes. It doesn't look like it's very far at all."

"Unless we can board a dirigible at Sao Paolo which is two days journey away, the voyage by sea will take at least what's left of a week to arrive at South Pacific City," said Beatrice who understood the urgency of not missing her ticket to the Anomaly rather more than Paul. "We must leave immediately. I'll alert Jorgen and Grace if they haven't already been contacted."

"I hate travelling," said Paul peevishly. "Do we have to leave? We haven't been here for more than two days. We've hardly seen anything. Can't this mission wait a bit?"

Beatrice stared at Paul with an expression that, for the first time since the couple first met, suggested something other than undying love and affection. Then she smiled seductively. "If you don't come, I'll have to go without you," she said teasingly.

Paul knew when he was beaten. "Then I guess we ought to prepare to leave," he said with resignation.

The last few months on Earth had been just as chaotic and unplanned as all the months before, but Paul had finally come to enjoy being on the planet. There was something marvellous about the sheer unpredictability of each day. If you didn't bother to access the unerringly accurate meteorological reports, it was impossible to say in advance whether a day would be sunny and warm, wet and cold, or just indifferent. There was an amazing variety of places to visit. There were wide empty hot deserts. Impressive historic temples. Wide open rivers. And here there was hectare after hectare of rain forest populated by monkeys, tapirs, river dolphins and brightly coloured birds of paradise.

Sure, there were things like this on all the colonies in the Solar System. Godwin had its own wildlife park and a lake large enough for dolphins, seals and sharks. However, the sheer variety of natural landscapes on Earth bound not by human design but by the natural lines of latitude and topology was quite beyond compare. Paul was already beginning to wish that he'd appreciated rather more the sights and sounds of the Sun's one and only naturally habitable satellite.

The journey from the hotel in the heart of the Amazon Jungle to South Pacific City was every bit as tortuous as Beatrice predicted. The necessity to restrict environmental impact had so reduced the choice of transport—especially in such wild regions of the world as the Amazon Jungle—that the time it took was indeed very nearly a week. The voyage by steam boat down the River Amazon was the most enjoyable episode although Paul soon discovered that there were stretches of river along which the boat travelled close enough to the bank for the many voracious insects to fly aboard and nibble at his arms and ankles. Naturally, Beatrice was immune to such pests so while Paul hid inside the boat to avoid being bitten, she rested on the deck with Jorgen and watched the monkeys leap across the canopy of the forest that hemmed in the river.

There was no ship berthed at Sao Paolo when Paul and Beatrice arrived, but there was a dirigible due to travel to Japan. Jorgen and Grace negotiated an unscheduled diversion to South Pacific City for the two tourists. All the same, the couple still had to wait a while in the sprawling city which Paul had already visited and didn't really care to visit again. It also rained the entire time they were there. This was one of many species of inclement weather that Paul was content never to have to endure again. The dirigible eventually arrived and, despite a delay caused by strong wind, Paul and Beatrice were able to float to their destination over the Amazon Forest, the Andes and the South Pacific.

Paul regarded the acres of forest in the Amazon from above with a faint feeling of regret. He would probably never again see so much verdant forest. Nowhere else in the Solar System was so much space put aside for the cultivation of trees. Nowhere else, indeed, was there such a long chain of snow-capped mountains as the Andes or such a wide open ocean as the Pacific. There were many splendid sights beyond Earth, but few of these were the result of the biological and tectonic activity of the only genuinely living planet in the Solar System.

The couple re-joined Mission Control in a suburb of South Pacific City where they met the scientists who couldn't be spared as readily as Paul. This was on a floating artificial island separated by several kilometres from the next point of land to which it was connected by long translucent tubes deep beneath the ocean surface. Security was as tight as any that Paul had experienced since he first arrived on Earth. The Briefing Centre was disguised as an Interplanetary Union military base although there were very few actual military personnel apart from those guarding the facilities.

Most of the scientists who had the pleasure to meet Paul and Beatrice for the first time had no idea who they were or that they were even part of the mission. They were delighted to be introduced to Beatrice who was charmingly adept at social niceties and polite conversation, but rather less so Paul who had no idea at all of how to comport himself. He was socially awkward and had little to say that was likely to be of interest to anyone he spoke to. Although Paul was generally happy to leave polite discourse to his wife, there were the occasions when he would launch into discussion with an unsuspecting physicist or geologist where he would expound a half-understood hypothesis and display his ignorance of the scientist's actual discipline. Not surprisingly, those who experienced the dubious pleasure of conversation with Paul were reluctant to seek him out again.

The main reason for Paul and Beatrice being there was not for the opportunity to socialise as they were soon to discover when they gathered together with several hundred fellow scientists in a spacious semi-circular auditorium to be briefed on the rest of the mission. The couple were positioned close to the front where not only did they have a very good view of who was making the address without needing to gaze at the holographic screens on either side of the central dais, but, more uncomfortably, could easily be seen by those on stage. It was obvious that Professor Wasilewski wasn't especially enthusiastic to see Paul and Beatrice sitting together only three rows back from the front row when he eased himself into his chair behind the dais.

The proceedings began with a general address from Doctor Livingston Achebe, the Director of Training for the mission. He thanked everyone for being there and made jokes about the recent storm that had blown over the city which drew appreciative laughter from everyone except Paul who'd been on a boat cruise around the Black Sea when it happened.

"It's been a challenging year of study and research," said the Director to almost universal agreement from the scientists gathered about him. "You might have wondered whether it would ever be over and whether the mission itself could possibly be more challenging than the work you've already engaged in. I know it's been a time of long hours dedicated to research where you've taken advantage of the wealth of classified data at your disposal, but the real mission is now about to begin. Soon you will be carrying out your research far closer to the Anomaly than any human has ever been before. Naturally, many of you will be frustrated that your valuable research has barely begun before you have to leave Earth, but you'll be delighted to know that there will be extensive research facilities for the entire mission and that you'll be able to continue just as well as you have at South Pacific City."

The audience expressed a general sense of satisfaction, while Paul felt slight tangs of guilt. What had all these scientists been doing for the last year that had kept them so busy? What was so valuable about their research? Was there literally nothing that he could have done other than travel haphazardly to the sights of planet Earth?

The audience were then introduced to Captain Miriam Deng of the Interplanetary Union Navy. She was a short woman with long yellow hair that flowed down to her ankles and a tight-fitting uniform that hid very few details of her petite but perfectly formed figure. It was this rather than her words that Paul focused on while the captain spoke.

"The space ship Intrepid is over five hundred years old, but it was built in an age when there was a short-lived craze for space cruises beyond the ecliptic. It is one of the largest space ships in the Solar System and has the capacity to journey even as far as a remote stellar system although it's never been employed for that purpose. Despite its advanced age, it has been fitted with the latest technology. So, what you will be living in for the next few years is a combination of Thirty-Second century luxury and the best that is currently on offer."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.