Magic Ink V: The Third Reality
Chapter 14

Copyright© 2013 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Forget what you know about American History. In the Third Reality, the British won the American War for Independence. The Eternal Flame is sending the O'Connells there to correct things. It won't be a good day or year for the British.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Magic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

At the sound of the rifle, Wolf pulled his wards up around us for protection.

"You'll just stand there, or the next one will take one of you out," we were told by a voice that came from back in the trees. I could detect a number of men moving through the forest approaching us, now that I was paying attention to our surroundings. I had also added my wards to Wolf's during this time.

Several men in long hunting shirts, leggings, and moccasins appeared out of the forest. They all carried the long, muzzle loading rifles of the overmountain men and approached us cautiously.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here in those uniforms?" asked the one, who was apparently the leader.

"I'm Captain Mark O'Connell. I'm here with Generals Greene and Clark for a little demonstration," I answered before the others could say anything.

"General Greene!!" the man yelped in shock and surprise, as he took a closer look at the two Generals with their fancy uniforms coats. There were looks of surprise and fright on the faces of the others that we could now see.

"Sa ... sorry, sir!" the tall young man stated, embarrassed. "I'm Lieutenant John Kelley from the Canton Station, not far from here. We have been out on a patrol for the last three days checking the area and were surprised to find strangers here."

"It might be wiser in the future, Lieutenant, to wait until you are sure who the strangers are before firing on them," General Greene admonished him.

"Yes sir."

"Tell me, Lieutenant," I asked. "How many men do you have and can you do something for us?"

"I have twelve men with me, Captain," he answered. "What is it you want?"

"I am going to create a structure, and I want you and your men to fire your rifles at it," I told a now very confused Lieutenant Kelley.

"A structure?" he asked. "How long will it take to construct it?"

"Only a few seconds," I assured him before turning to the two Generals and Captain LeGras.

"Sirs, if you would move over to the side out of the way, I'll create one of the structures that we used at Johns Creek," I told them. Wolf and I dropped our wards, as the three officers moved over to one side.

We then sat on the ground and cast the spell for a Prolate defensive shell. It was only twenty-five feet long and fifteen feet wide but would be sufficient for the demonstration that I had in mind. We then tinted it a light green for visibility. All of those present were quite surprised at this. All but General Clark who had seen us do this previously.

"Where did that come from? How did you do that?" a number of individuals asked at the same time.

"We used Magic to create it. Now, Lieutenant, I want you and your men to all fire at the structure." A number of the men were looking very uncomfortable at the mention of Magic.

"What ... what will happen if we fire at it?" Lieutenant Kelley wanted to know in an unsure voice.

"Nothing! It will stop your balls, and you will be able to reclaim the lead," I told a very nervous Lieutenant, who looked toward General Greene for guidance.

"Is ... is this all right, sir?" he asked.

"I believe that it will be all right to do as the Captain has requested," General Greene answered.

"All right. How far back do you want us, Captain?" the Lieutenant asked.

"Just back in the first row of trees, say forty yards or so,"I told him.

"And just fire at the green thing?" he asked to be sure.

"Yes! Would you like an X on it?" I asked.

"No sir. Even a youngster couldn't miss that as large as it is," he answered, as he and his men moved back just inside the tree line and brought their rifles up.

"Just a second, Lieutenant," I shouted, as Wolf and I transferred into the shell, and I shouted, "Fire!" Thirteen flintlock Kentucky rifles went off nearly together. Their soft lead balls impacted the shell over an area about three feet across and about four feet above the ground. The soft lead balls hit the structure and flattened out to twice their diameter from the energy released by the impact before sliding down the exterior surface of the shell. A look of surprise and fear appeared on the faces of all of those watching, even the two Generals, when they realized that we had been inside the shell when they fired.

"What in the world did you do that for?" General Green demanded on recovering. "You could have been killed!"

"We were perfectly safe, sir," I assured him. Several of the men who had fired had already moved forward to retrieve the lead from the balls, as lead was expensive and was retrieved to be used again where possible.

"I believe he were, General," an older man stated after picking up several of the lead pieces. He held up one of the flattened pieces for the General to see. "None of these cheer went through this cheer thing," he continued, as they counted the pieces of lead that had been recovered.

"You mean that all of the balls were stopped?" General Green asked in amazement.

"Yes sir, all ten and three of them is rat cheer," the old man assured him, holding out his hand with the lead pieces in it.

"This is the same thing that they used at Johns Creek, sir," General Clark told his superior. "I brought a copy of the report from General Sullivan about the battle there for you to read along with some remarks about what I have personally seen them do," he finished.

"Yes, I want to read that after we return to my office," he told General Clark.

"You can return us to my office, can't you?" General Greene asked turning back to me.

"Yes sir, whenever you are ready," I assured him before he turned to the Lieutenant again.

"Lieutenant Kelley, when you return to your station, I want it recorded in your report that you met General Clark and myself here today plus everything that happened. I also want the report forwarded to my Headquarters. I want proof that we were actually here, and that this isn't some dream," General Greene told the Lieutenant.

"Yes sir. We'll report it, but I'm not sure that anyone will believe us," he answered in a worried voice. Wolf had canceled the shell while they were speaking.

"Are you ready to leave, sir?" I asked General Greene.

"In a minute, O'Connell," General Green told me before adding to the instructions for the Lieutenant.

"I want you and your men to wait here and see if we disappear. I want that in your report also," the General instructed a now very confused Lieutenant.

"All right, O'Connell. Let's go," General Green acknowledged, and I added the Magic in my left hand to the Glyph in the fingers of my right hand, and we all disappeared from the shore of the Cumberland leaving the Lieutenant and his men with their mouths open in surprise.

We immediately reappeared in General Greene's office to find Gerald and Seamus there waiting for us.

"Who is this and how did he get in here?" General Greene wanted to know, as he looked at Seamus.

"This is my Second-in-Command, Senior Lieutenant Seamus O'Connell," I informed the General, before turning to Seamus.

"Are the others here?" I asked.

"Yes, they are in the other room seated around the table," he told me with a smile.

"If you will come with me, I'll introduce the remainder of my unit, sir," I told the General, who frowned.

"How many more are there?" he asked.

"There are fifteen others. All are Lieutenants," I informed him, as I crossed the office.

"Your entire unit consists of Officers? Who does the work?" he asked.

"We all 'do the work' as you put it, which is Magic, sir," I told him as I entered the conference room with General Greene right behind me and the others following us. General Greene stopped in the doorway in surprise at the sight that greeted him.

"You have women in your unit? Who authorized them to wear that uniform-like clothing?" he demanded on seeing our female relatives sitting around the table.

"Yes sir. There are thirteen female Officers in my unit. They designed their own uniforms since there was no design currently available," I told him.

"We have never had female Officers, so there was no requirement for a uniform. We also have no separate quarters for females and that's not to mention that there are no provisions for them on the march or more importantly for their privacy at any time. What would happen if one were attacked or wounded?" General Greene asked in a very upset voice.

"These ladies are all O'Connells and share the same Magic powers that we men do. As for privacy, they share our wards and can use other Magic spells to insure their privacy. As far as anyone attacking them, the attackers would come out of it in very poor shape while the lady in question wouldn't even have her hair ruffled or her clothing dirtied," I assured him.

"General Sullivan included a very long description of these ladies role during the Battle at Johns Creek, sir," General Clark told his superior. "It's in the copy that I brought along for you to read."

"Yes, I believe I should go over that document thoroughly before we go any further. If for no other reason than to reduce the number of surprises that seem to accompany the O'Connells," General Greene told us.

"Why don't all of you go over to the Officer's Mess with General Clark while I do that. I'm sure that the ladies will give the other Officers here something to talk about this afternoon besides horses," General Greene told us with a smile.

"All right, sir. We'll have a leisurely lunch and give you time to go over this report," General Clark told General Greene, as he handed him a thick envelope from inside his coat.

"Yes, and send in my Chief-of-Staff would you, George?" General Greene asked, as the others rose from their seats, and we followed General Clark out of the conference room and then the office. He in turn spoke to the Chief-of-Staff before we followed him out of the Headquarters building. Many people in the building were surprised to see twenty-one of us troop out of the General's office and then the building, as only five of us had been seen to have entered it.

Those already in the Officers' Mess were equally surprised when the twenty-one of us marched into the building and then into the dining room. General Clark had some words with those in charge, and we were all eventually seated at several tables in the back of the room. It had required moving a number of people to accommodate all of us.

To my surprise, I noted several young Officers with minor Talents present in the Mess. I pointed them out to Seamus and also to Captain LeGras. The Captain required a bit of explanation before he understood why we were interested in them.

"After eating, we should do a thorough scan of the entire area to see who else might be of interest," Seamus told me, as we waited for our food to be served.

"I suspect that General Greene may have a minor Talent, also. He was, after all, a successful blacksmith for a time," I told Seamus. My remark surprised General Clark.

"You haven't checked?" Seamus asked in surprise.

"I really haven't had a chance, and I didn't want to embarrass him if he didn't. Not all good smiths have the Talent. Some are just very good at their craft," I reminded him.

Our food did eventually arrive. It seems that twenty-one extra servings required time to prepare. The food here was very good, and we enjoyed our meal. We did not, however, care for the wine served with it. It was a French vintage and was quite good according to Captain LeGras. This presented me with the opportunity to question General Clark about local ale production, something that I had been putting off since we arrived.

"I've been wondering why the ale here is of such poor quality, sir. After all, they seem to produce a lot of whiskey," was how I started.

"I'm no expert on ale or beer either, but as I understand it, most are brewed by local families or by the owners of the many taverns. The real problem, as it was explained to me by an Officer who was more knowledgeable about it, is that those making it often don't have the correct ingredients. Not all of what is required is grown locally and even those that are may not be of the best quality.

"Therefore when a brewer starts a batch, he or she must make substitutions that may be less than appropriate, or the quantity may be too large or too small. The result is an ale or beer that isn't quite right, and usually nowhere near the quality of what is available from England or the continent," he told us.

"And if one could procure the correct ingredients?" I asked.

"There would still be the transportation problem," General Clark reminded me. "Our roads are, to be blunt, less than satisfactory, and in many cases nonexistent. If you were to brew it in Lexington say, how would you get it to Louisville, or as an extreme example Williamsburg or Philadelphia? If you were to brew it in one of those cities, how would you get it to Kentucky before it spoiled," he asked.

"I can see where that would present problems for people in your society," I told him with a smile.

"You are thinking that it wouldn't be so much of a problem for you, aren't you?" he asked.

"Let's say that I am considering the possibilities once we have removed the British from North America," I told him.

"That could be far in the future," he said, unhappily.

"Perhaps not as far as you might imagine," I answered, cautiously.

"Do you have a plan?" he asked, excitedly.

"Not yet. There are a number of issues to be dealt with first, among them is creating an organization to deal with the attacks. After that, we will see," I told him.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.