Magic Ink V: The Third Reality
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2013 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Forget what you know about American History. In the Third Reality, the British won the American War for Independence. The Eternal Flame is sending the O'Connells there to correct things. It won't be a good day or year for the British.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Magic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

On returning to our quarters to change clothes, Seamus and I were greeted by Cessair and Dealla, who were in an exuberant mood.

"You missed the big event!" they told us joyfully.

"Big event?" Seamus and I asked.

"The mare delivered her foal this morning while you were gone," Cessair told us with a big smile.

"We helped!" Dealla added happily, also with a smile.

"You have to come to the stable and see her," Cessair told us, insistently.

"Maybe we should change clothes before we go to the stable," I told her, while looking at the soiled condition of their clothing. "Maybe you should do the same," I added. C & D looked at each other then, and a look of surprise appeared on both of their faces.

"Yes, maybe we should," Dealla agreed before they hurried off to their room. Seamus and I changed into the clothes that we had worn on the march here before descending to the stable to see the new addition.

C & D were already there with D & C whose clothing appeared to be in better condition than their Sisters' had been. They were all in the stall with the mare and her foal. I'm not sure what Seamus and I had expected, but what we saw was a small horse with very spindly legs which was having trouble staying up on them. It was busily sucking milk from its mother that appeared to be a bit agitated.

"She sure is hungry, and her mother is getting a bit tired of her wanting to feed all of the time," Dymphna was saying when we entered.

"Yes, we have had to calm her down several times. The foal is fairly full now though," Coleen told us. All of our Mage Sisters seemed very happy.

"Have you named her yet?" Seamus asked.

"We have considered several names, but haven't made a decision on one yet," Dealla told us.

"What about the other horses? Have they been taken care of?" I asked.

"Yes, the others took care of them before they left, Mark. I think that our Brothers and Cousins didn't care for the sight of the mare giving birth," Dymphna told us with a giggle. Seamus and I checked our horses before leaving to return to our quarters. I still needed to get mine squared away, as I hadn't had a lot of time for it yesterday. The remainder of our Brothers, Sisters, and Cousins were there when we returned.

"We are bored out of our skulls," Carl told us, as we entered the men's private room.

"You could go out to the front gate, and see what Mark and I did as a demonstration for General Clark," Seamus told them.

"What did you do?" Wolf asked anxiously.

"Go look. It will give you something to do, for a few minutes anyway," I told him. Both of them along with Gerald and James all disappeared. They were back shortly.

"Why did you do that?" James asked.

"To impress the General," Seamus told him.

"Yes, I guess that would impress a non-Magic user," Wolf admitted.

"You left them rather plain though," Carl added.

"Do you have an idea for something to make them more impressive?" I asked.

"Let me talk to some of our Sisters -- the more artistic ones," Carl told me, and went to see what our Sisters were doing. I left to work on my room.

That was pretty much it for the day. Several of our Sisters went out to the gates and engraved the Declaration of Independence on the two inner faces of the stones. The right hand one in English, and the left hand one in Gaelic. A picture of Washington and one of Jefferson went on the outer faces of the slabs. Their activities caused quite a bit of excitement among those who gathered to watch them.

At dinner that night in the Officers' Mess, there were a number of remarks made about our activities that day, but no one complained or objected. They had all heard about our use of Magic and had now seen it demonstrated.

The ladies had all bathed before we went to dinner, so we guys didn't have any problem getting a long bath after dinner, but would rather have had a good shower.

When we arrived at General Clark's Headquarters the next morning, after another breakfast of oatmeal, the Chief-of-Staff was much more civil to us than he had been previously, and we were shown in to see the General after a minimal delay.

"Good day, Gentlemen," the General said from behind his desk. "Please be seated," he continued and paused while we took our seats.

"I'm afraid there has been a change of plans. I still have many questions for you, but on returning yesterday, I found a dispatch from General Green awaiting me.

"In case you don't know, General Nathanael Greene is the Army's Commander under President Jefferson. He has summoned all of the Regional Army Commanders to the Capital. We are to be there by the middle of July. We will need to leave by the last week of this month to arrive there on time," he told us.

"Not to seem impertinent, sir, but where exactly is the Capital?" I asked to a surprised look from the General, before he relaxed.

"I keep forgetting that you aren't from here," he said with a bit of a smile. "The Capital is located in western Kentucky on a long peninsula formed by the Cumberland River on one side and the Tennessee River on the other side. They both flow into the Ohio river, but separately," he informed us. "It was chosen not only because of the ease of access from several rivers, but also because of the protection from attack provided by those same rivers. The area was selected soon after Washington's defeat, but construction wasn't started there until 1785. I understand that it is quite built up now. There are a number of forts or stations in the area surrounding the Capital, as well as a large fort built by General Green to be the Army Headquarters," he continued.

"And just how will you be traveling, sir?" Seamus asked.

"WE will probably be traveling by boat most of the way. It's a good eighty miles from here to Louisville by road, but it is below the falls of the Ohio. By boat from there, it is another 250 miles plus to the entrance of the Cumberland River, so we would be looking at three days overland at least, and another five days or so on the river, depending on its level this time of year, plus at least a day on the Cumberland. Say nine or ten days at least, and that is in addition to arranging for the boats, which could take several days to a week," he told us. Seamus and I were looking at each other as we considered what the General had said.

"How many would be accompanying us?" I asked.

"At least a company of mounted troops, the Rangers if they can be spared, plus supplies for the trip and tentage. Probably forty men and several wagons. We'll need at least six boats for that many," he assured us. Seamus and I continued to look at each other for a short time before I turned to speak to the General again.

"And what would it be worth if we could get you there much more quickly, and with fewer people needed to accompany us?" I asked.

"Could you do that, the same way that you took us to the Red River Gorge yesterday?" he asked in amazement.

"I believe that we could do a part of the trip that way. In our Reality, there is a city that we are familiar with on the Cumberland River. It is called Nashville in our Reality," I told him.

"Fort Nashborough!" he said in surprise.

"Yes, the remains of a fort still exist in our Reality. We believe that we could transfer there and then take a boat down the Cumberland to the area that you described. It is currently called the Land between the Lakes in our Reality, but was previously known as the Land Between the Rivers. It is a lovely place," I told him.

"What you propose sounds good. The Cumberland below Nashborough is relatively peaceful at this time. Are you sure that you could move us there?" the General asked.

"When we leave here, we will try to make the transfer there. The place that we usually went to would be a short distance from where the original settlement was located. We will take our horses with us and scout the area. We will also inquire about boats," I told him.

"Let me know what you find when you return. Do you think it will take you long?" he asked.

"Perhaps a day. Two at the most. It will depend on how far from the present settlement that we appear. Also we will need to see about boats," I told him.

"Look for keelboats. Those flat bottom rafts can be hard to steer and are easily swamped," he advised us before we all rose, and Seamus and I departed.

Back at our quarters, we held a meeting to see who would be going. I explained what we had proposed to General Clark and asked who was willing to go with me. Seamus naturally raised his hand, but I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of both of us being gone at the same time. It would leave a vacuum in the leadership position. While it was true that G & G and S & S were a year older than we were, the local people, and especially the military, would be less inclined to listen to our Sisters in a stressful situation than to either Seamus or me.

"We both can't be absent at this time," I told Seamus. "You can go on the next wild-hair scheme," I promised.

"Who will go with you then?" Seamus asked, accepting that he would need to remain here.

"I'll take Wolf and Gerald with me, and a pair of our Sisters if any of them want to volunteer," I answered. G & G looked ready to volunteer, but I stopped them.

"You two are the Quartermaster department, and need to be here to handle anything that may come up in that regard," I told them.

"You're no fun at all, Mark," Glanda said in a pout.

"We'll go," Saraid volunteered. "We want to see what Nashville looked like in its infancy. Besides you guys will need someone with common sense to back you up."

"All right," I agreed. "We guys will wear the clothes that we bought in the Other Reality and carry our backpacks. We'll also need to take our knives and tomahawks, as well as our horses, as it could be a good distance that we need to travel to reach the actual settlement here, since I'm not sure how it's laid out compared to the Nashville that we have all visited delivering books and herbals," I reminded them.

"What will you ladies wear?" I asked next.

"We'll wear the outfits that we wore on the march here," Saraid told us.

"When will we leave?" Sererena asked.

"Can everyone be ready in an hour?"

"Yes, that's fine," those going agreed. We were all soon ready and were preparing to move to the stable to get our horses, when Seamus had a question.

"Is there anything that you want us to do while you are gone?"

"Not especially. We'll need to finish this before we can really start on anything else. You might stop by the tailor shop and see if you can hurry them along some," I told him.

In the stable, we saddled our horses and took some of the available grain with us to feed them while on the trip if necessary. We left the fort and moved to a grove of trees a little distance from it before preparing to do the transfer to what we hoped would be the vicinity of Nashville in this Reality. We five surrounded the horses after calming them down, linked hands, and I drew on everyone's Magic to cast the transfer spell. We vanished from the vicinity of Fort Henry.


The area on the Cumberland River known as Nashville in our Reality, and as Nashborough in the Third Reality, had first seen settlers when the Native Americans of the Mississippian culture arrived in the area around 1000 AD. They mysteriously disappeared some four hundred years later. Spanish explorers passed through the area in the 16th century, but it was French fur traders that first established trading posts in the area starting in the early 1700s. The area became known as 'French Lick' for the salt spring there.

Fort Nash was constructed on the bluff overlooking the Cumberland River in 1780, close to the site of the salt lick. Colonel James Robertson and a group of men had arrived there early in 1779 to clear the land and plant crops for their families, who were to arrive later.

The Robertson group of families traveled overland and arrived in late December of 1779. The Donelson group of families came by boat, but had many trials and much trouble. Consequently, they did not arrive until April of 1780.

The settlers built a fort enclosing two acres on the bluff overlooking the Cumberland and named it after General Francis Nash, a hero of the American War of Independence. Other forts or stations, as they were called at the time, were soon built in the area on home-sites for protection from hostile Indians who wished to drive the settlers from their hunting grounds. While the 'Battle of the Bluff' in April of 1781 was Fort Nash's most serious confrontation with the Cherokee, it was but one in a long series of Indian assaults aimed at driving the settlers out of Middle Tennessee. The Indian Wars there didn't end until August of 1794.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.