A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 57

The United States Attorney General, Dick Thornburgh summoned them to Washington. Andrea refused to go.

"I'm not meeting him on his home ground," she said. "If he wants us bad enough he can come here."

That wasn't the response the former Governor of Pennsylvania was expecting to hear. Peons bowed and scraped when he summoned. They were, after all, citizens of the United States ... and subject to the laws thereof.

When the U.S. Deputy Marshal approached the boat, intending to drag them by their ears, they wouldn't budge.

"As the Chinese laundry lady said, 'No tickee, No laundry.' Got a warrant?" Andrea asked.

"Well, no ... it's the government ... they don't need a warrant?" The Deputy was older, gray headed and not in the best of shape.

"Is the Constitution still valid?"

"Certainly."

"Can you show me, in the Constitution, where I've given up my civil rights?"

"Ah ... no," the deputy said. But then he added, "It's the duty of every American citizen to cooperate with Federal Law Enforcement," and he stepped on deck.

The Naval vessel of a country is similar to an Embassy.

Andrea giggled, "The King's Knight is a Naval vessel of the Federation of Nevis and St. Kitts and as such is considered the soil of the Nation. We have not invited you, nor have you arranged for an interview. You are in violation of Law. Fulfilling my office as the Admiral of the Navy of the Nation of Nevis and St. Kitts, you, sir, are under arrest. Please place your sidearm in the safe you see on the table to your right. Jake, call the Ambassador." The boat had a landline courtesy of the Coast Guard.

"You can't do that," he looked panicked. "You're a citizen of the US."

"I'm also a citizen of Nevis and St. Kitts ... and a member of her Armed Forces. Place your sidearm in the safe to your right. Last chance."

He had looked at the safe ... when she mentioned last chance he looked up ... and into the barrel of a Colt 1911. He heard the safety click off.

"By the count of five, sir. Carefully extract your sidearm with your fingertips and place it in the safe to your right. And if you think I won't shoot, ask the man who murdered my husband. Five ... Four ... Three."

"Ok ok ... I'm extracting."

"Captain? Do you have a clear shot?"

"I do," affirmed David.

"Any attempt to disobey my orders will result in your death ... do you understand?"

"Place your sidearm in the safe, Thank you. Do you have any other weapons."

"No ma'am."

"David is going to search you. Since you have declared you have no other weapons, anything he finds on your person must be mine."

He pulled up his pant leg and extracted a small Glock. That went in the safe. From his belt buckle he unfastened a North American Arms .22LR four shot mini pistol He put that in the safe. The belt buckle knife went in too, as did a stiletto and a small dagger. He shrugged, a knife dropped from his left sleeve and a garrote was pulled from his collar. They all went in the safe.

"Anything else?"

He retrieved a hatband knife from the inside band of his hat. He put it in the safe.

"Just how dangerous did you think we were?"

"The briefing said VERY Dangerous."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.