A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 49

They had six sextants to calibrate. David wanted to do them all at noon. That meant six days on the islands.

"Does that mean we'll be here for the Last Bash?" asked Junior.

"Looks that way," said David.

"Great ... I'll call mom and see if I can go." Mom showed up seconds later. After an explaination of Last Bash and a couple of fades from Wendy Too, mom stabilized in front of Junior. She turned her head and spoke to Andrea, "Wow! Sometimes I forget what normal kids are like. Galloping hormones ... still, it could be worse ... it could be 20 years in the future." She looked at Junior.

"I don't know, Junior. You're 13 ... and those kids get pretty wild," she said.

"The boys will watch out for me."

"Not a chance, Junior. Chris and I are going just to meet people." Twin said. He hugged his Mom and said, "Meet Christine ... she can tell me from Twin."

The other twin said, "Hi Mom, meet Sarah ... with an H ... she can tell us apart." He turned to his sister, "Sorry Junior ... I'm going to be busy with Sarah."

"You're as different as night and day," said Sarah.

Christine agreed, "They look nothing alike." This she said as the boys were standing next to each other. Both of them were wearing exactly the same clothes. The girls unerringly went to their own man.

"Hello, Sarah ... Christine ... you can tell them apart? How?" Too asked. "I can't ... and I'm their mom. I used to keep different clothes on them to tell them apart."

Chris said, "I don't know why ... it's like Twin is more mature than him," she nodded her head at the other Twin.

"I know just what you mean ... my Twin is just better looking." Sarah beamed at her twin.

"They're both beautiful," Chris explained. The boys blushed. "But they're just different. I knew right away they were two separate people."

It's true ... most twins love to switch clothes or hair combing ... just to see if they can catch out a girlfriend. Both boys didn't even try ... they knew.

Sarah grabbed Twin by the arm, "I guess we need to go see the parents. Mrs. Austin..."

"Oh, please, Wendy or Too. Mrs. Austin is my mom."

"How about I just call you 2?"

"Not number 2 ... to two ... Too, Mom is Wendy, I'm Wendy Also ... Junior is the third and I can tell you right now ... don't call her Third or Trey ... she has a cousin Trey."

"Trey is a pain in my fundament," said Junior ... trying to be polite but she spoiled it by slapping herself on the ass. "Big pain!"

Too agreed, "Trey is a real problem ... all of the cousins are. As much as I hate to say it ... Junior is special. Junior ... quit grinning."

Sarah needed to get the news to her parents, "I really need to tell mom and dad what has happened." She explained about the arranged marriage, "It's just that I never meet men my own age ... and when I do they only want one thing ... now that I've met Twin ... I want that too." She clapped her hand over her mouth and turned fire engine red.

"Well," said Too, "Let's go. Andrea, you're chaperone on the boat so you come with us." She evil eyed the boys... "you stay out until I call. Chris, I want to borrow your Twin. Parents sometimes take a little convincing."

Chris stayed with Junior and David. She was serene. The ordeal of the past few days was not a bother. She had Twin ... nothing could touch her. It was like she was a new girl. Christians talk about being born again ... She really was.

They were gone a long time.

"Junior," said David. "I have to calibrate another sextant ... do you and Chris want to come with me and see how it's done?"

"Chris?" Junior asked.

"Sure, I'll go."

"Do you want to leave a note?" asked David. This situation with the Twins and the two girls was a little out of his league. He believed in love at first sight ... but this was a little much.

"No ... he'll know."

They went. It was interesting. The math was a trifle trying but she soon understood the basic principals ... Junior got it right away ... but Chris realized that Junior was more than special ... Junior was magic.

While they were setting up the tools to calibrate, the superintendent of schools stopped by. He was based on the mainland but he liked the islands.

"New students?" he asked.

"Not exactly," said David. He pointed at Junior, "Junior is home schooled and she is on a voyage of discovery. She is crewing on that big boat in the harbor. She should have spherical trigonometry, quite a bit of geology, navigation, marine mammals, migratory habits of birds and weather science under her belt when she leaves the boat at winter break. Chris? What about you?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.