A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 47

Well, Tim was in watch invisibility mode and wondering the same thing. 'That bunch on the barge are absolutely guilty ... the Coast Guard knows it ... the girls know it. If I just flash the pen ... then nobody remembers ... no one can testify because no one knows. When they get that wreck off the bottom they're going to know there was no reason for that boat to sink.'

The higher ups ... the ones who pay for all this ... felt it was getting too dangerous to let it go on. Snuff movies pay but there could be records ... payments ... and this last batch of girls weren't typical street waifs ... there were honors students from class families in the bunch. Wild girls ... but wild girls with loving families.

This was going to be the last ... and there wasn't going to be anyone left alive. Already the news was filtering up stream. There were BIG money, BIG influence people involved in this. If that boat gets off the bottom and into the hands of law enforcement ... federal law enforcement ... the shit is going to hit the fan because as soon as Junior resets her watch ... it's 1988 and twenty-five years in the past. When she goes back to her time... 2013...

'Now do you see why the watches are a bad idea?' There was a voice in his head that spoke to him. 'The girls are going to testify ... but they're going to remember the King's Knight, as soon as they start talking about that ... the lawyers will have a field day.'

'I don't know what to do.' Tim said.

'My suggestion is you sink the barge. There would be no reason for anyone to testify. There would be no one left. The guilty parties would miss out on all the appeals ... and the two that will be murdered in prison ... won't. The people at the top will get away scott free ... I guess that's the way America works. The real criminals always get away ... or get elected.'

'So, I sink the barge, and stop the raising of the wreck?'

'No, sink the barge. Let the wreck be raised. There's enough circumstantial evidence to make life uncomfortable at the top but it's only circumstantial. The girls can only testify against the dead ... it's all they know. America doesn't prosecute the dead. None of the girls appear in any of the new film ... they hadn't begun. I can make the girls have no memory ... they were at a party and they wake up on the King's Knight after being rescued from a boat sunk in a storm. They remember the party ... someone drugged the drinks ... wild girls, remember? They will miss a day forever.'

'Ok ... do it.'

'Oh ... Twin gets to keep the blonde.'

'Oh just great ... how do we explain that?'

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.