A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 46

"That man is still in the water because he shot at my captain," said Andrea. She was watching him still.

"Why did he shoot at your captain?" The questioner was wearing the uniform of a petty officer, first class.

Julia stepped out from the pilothouse, "Probably because he was trying to get rid of witnesses." She had her camera ... and a PRESS badge? She started taking photos right, left and center.

"Before we get too far along in the whys and wherefores," David said, "Can I get your diver to free my boat?"

"What?" asked the petty officer.

"We're hung up in the sails and rigging of the boat that sank in the storm," David explained. "The survivors came from that boat."

"We need to get the girls medical attention," said Twin, stepping out of the wheelhouse with the barefoot, blanket wrapped blonde tucked under his armpit. She was being pretty clingy.

Julia explained, "The helicopter is bringing a Doctor and a second diver. The other girls say there's still victims in the boat."

"What boat?"

Julia pointed down, "The boat we're hung up on."

"Johnson, suit up and check out the situation ... and somebody get that man out of the water. Smith! We need a guard here. Now, Miss PRESS. Please explain."

Julia had been busy questioning the terrified girls so she knew their side of the story at the very least. She started in telling the petty officer. Kidnapping, drugging, assault, rape, and attempted murder and possible murder because the men on the boat bragged about doing it before ... several times, in fact. By the time she was finished, the man in the water was in cuffs.

"Protective custody, sir. You're not under arrest, we just need to keep you safe while I get to the bottom of this," explained the First.

The helicopter arrived ... that seemed to agitate the alleged pornographer ... the Doctor was lowered to the deck of the cutter and transferred to the Knight. A second diver went down ... he was up almost immediately.

"First, we need the FBI ... the bottom is littered with skeletons chained to concrete blocks. I need a set of tanks ... there's somebody alive in the wreck ... maybe several somebodies." A second set of tanks was passed and the diver descended again.

The First turned to the man in cuffs and said, "Sir, You are in the custody of the United States Coast Guard until such time as the proper Federal, State, or local authority has been notified of our possession of you, the proper paperwork presented and you will be released into said agency's custody."

"Fuck!" He looked daggers at Andrea, "This is all your fault, bitch."

Smith, the guard? his demeanor toward the prisoner immediately changed. He was no longer relaxed and friendly. This was a possible felon he was watching.

"First? Can we have another man? ... somebody needs to search this guy."

Just the word searched had the man struggling in the cuffs. Smith shoved him to the deck and placed a foot on his back. He looked at Andrea and suddenly noticed the Colt. "Ma'am ... place the gun on the table and step away. First! NOW!!"

A second man stepped into the cabin ... he was carrying an M14. Smith nodded at the Colt, "Ostrander? Secure that pistol until we know what's going on."

The new man picked up the forty-five and placed in his belt.

"Going on? I'll tell you what's going on," said the man in the cuffs. "The bitch shot me ... look at my ear."

Interesting things were found and bagged during the search ... a .22 automatic with a screw-on silencer, a handcuff key, three knives ... an ankle holster with a tiny .32 automatic a forth knife disguised as a belt buckle and several thousand dollars. No ID in the wallet ... nothing but cash.

Before much more was said, the diver surfaced. He had a naked girl with him, she was relieved of the breathing equipment and helped aboard the cutter. The diver immediately dove again. Twice more he brought girls to the surface. "That's everyone alive, the rest aren't going anywhere.

"First? I need some inflatable lifters ... I've got cameras, dead guys, guns, drugs ... and I don't know what else ... plus all those bodies on chains. We need to move the big boat. I can cut her loose with no problem."

"Cut her loose ... these are the good guys. Ostrander ... she can have her gun back. Miss Koenigsknecht, You are to be congratulated ... you have performed a service to your country ... and just possibly solved several missing persons ... in both the United States and Canada. May I ask you to remain on station while a decision is made?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.