A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 29

They left from the porch.

For a couple of days, Jean wondered who the man in her house had been. She certainly didn't know why she had a complete Intensive Care Unit and bed ... complete with monitors she'd never seen and pumps that didn't exist ... on her newly enclosed back porch ... in the addition she had no idea was there. There was plenty of evidence that the bed was recently used.

"Christ! I get enough of that at work ... why would I do it at home?"

But, everybody at the Shelby Hospital was glad she was over being sick ... they missed her.

"I wasn't sick."

"Sure you were. A Doctor Timothy Leary called you in."

"When was this?"

"Ten days ago."

"Who is Doctor Leary?"

"Ladies? If you'll all just look this way..."

FLASH FLASH FLASH!

When she got home ... the addition was still there ... her husband Al got home a day later and wanted to know who da fuck had been messing with his parking spot ... although the new back room was a perfect place for a nursery and it was about time they stopped practicing and got serious about kids.


Andrea, on the other hand, was pretty weak.

"An ocean voyage will do you good," suggested Tim.

David agreed, "It might not be an ocean, but it's all we got." He beamed at her, "Your crew is back."

"Hello Andie, National Geographic said I get off in New York or don't come back."

"Hi Julie," said Andrea. "You missed a whole world of excitement."

"Can I get a picture of your scar?" At the answer she frowned, "I didn't think so."

"Are we all ready?" asked Tim. He turned on the engine-room fans.

"Who is WE?" asked Andrea.

"Mom decided we were needed ... so. We geddago," said the Twins, as they tossed duffle bags on the deck.

"Me too," agreed Junior. Her three duffles and two suitcases followed the boys. "Mom decided I need to learn to sail ... and winter is sooo boring on the Island."

"Yes," said Wendolyn, "It'll keep her out of trouble." She turned to Julie, "Who are you?"

"National Geographic," said Tim. "Don't worry about it." He showed Wendy Too the Memory Pen.

"Whoa!" exclaimed Wendy, "That is going to be so interesting. How far?"

"Five years should do it ... we'll reset off Cape Cod," explained Tim.

Julie wasn't paying a lick of attention ... the Twins were 17 ... looked in their 20's ... hunky ... cute ... blond ... virgins ... what more could a hormonally driven 22 year old female ask for? The sister was a gawky tween ... no problems there.

"All ashore that's going ashore ... ladies ... and gentlemen ... if you ain't going ... GET OFF MY BOAT!" exclaimed David. He started the Detroits.

"My boat," said Andrea. "But he's right, we need to go."

The stayers ran all over retrieving lines the leavers cast off.

Andrea sat in a deck chair and stupidvised.

"Junior?" shouted David. "Your watch."

"Yes Sir, Five years?"

"Wait!" exclaimed Andrea. "How many watches do we have?"

"Three," said David, "Yours, Junior's and mine."

"You'll have to explain that to me ... when I'm not so sleepy."

"Hold off a minute, Junior."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.