A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 5

It's an old cliché ... most geek and nerd novels have the situation as part of the plot. We have all read similar stories. It actually might have happened to you ... it happened to me:

1. Highly intelligent young man is bullied, picked on and embarrassed through Junior High and High school. Situations arranged by cheerleaders belittle him in public. Geeky nerd responds in one of three ways.

He turns introspective, realizing that his brains are going to make him wealthy. He gets great grades, goes to college, makes a marvelous discovery, wins the Nobel and his Ph.D., gloats for the rest of his life and shows up at reunions in a Mercedes bringing his trophy wife.

Or ... he dumbs down, gets terrible grades, joins the Weatherman group and plots the destruction of his enemies ... nothing ever happens and he passes away like last years dead leaves. (my solution.)

Or ... he steals his daddies guns and kills everybody including himself.

2. Number one has spent his entire waking life with his nose in a book, gets his Ph.D. (or not), makes his spectacular Nobel winning discovery, sells the patents, and realizes girls. They are a major shock to his system ... surprised hormones awaken. Like he has done all his life ... he involves himself in intense study. Now he is well read on the subject but still has no idea how to meet one of the fascinating creatures.

3. Extremely intelligent beautiful blonde recognizes his worth and nabs his ass using hers as bait. They live happily ever after ... or not.

Andrea has turned 21, a technical virgin. She has been far too busy studying, writing her 'Bloody Knuckles' column and restoring cars for material for said column.

Daddy, bless his heart, drowned during a severe storm while fishing on Lake Michigan. His wife died in a car wreck involving a rich drunk.

Daddy had been despondent for years ... richly despondent, mind you, but intensely lonely ... his wife's death netted him millions of untaxable wealth in a court awarded settlement. His son decided she was his daughter and he didn't really try to survive the sinking.

In the middle of the night, asleep on her beautiful Japanese Tatami Bed with authentic tatami mats and Indonesian ramen hardwood frame a noise awakened her. The tatami mats were 5 1/4 inches thick, made with naturally-harvested rice straw, padded with natural cotton fibers and bound with a high-grade black cotton border. Very traditional, very beautiful and very comfortable. She was asleep when the noise and a thin light woke her.

"Ah ... Andie ... don't be frightened ... I'm Andrea ... from your future."

"You! You put the car parts next to the door."

Andrea nodded.

"You gave me the numbers."

A second nod.

"Why?"

"The fenders fixed an impossible problem, the money smoothed your path ... and I've always loved this house."

Chapter 6 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.