Wedding Love

by Orange Sasquatch

Copyright© 2013 by Orange Sasquatch

Romantic Story: It's a love story, emotionally crafted, and rough around the edges. It is based on true feelings and some true events.

Tags: Ma/Fa   Romantic   True Story   Slow  

I met her three days before the wedding. Her name was Angela. She was the Maid of Honor. And I was in love with her from the moment I met her. It was more than just looks. It was like a feeling. It was a way I felt about her aura or soul. She was a kind and wondrous woman. And I hoped I was right in that she felt the same about me. We got to spend some time together. We went with the bride and groom to a restaurant for dinner. After a while the bride and groom left for one reason or another and Angela and I found ourselves alone. We were silent for a time before our eyes met and blushing made me break the silence.

"We're a chatty bunch, aren't we?" She giggled. It was a mellifluous sound. I liked her giggle.

"No, we're not." We laughed a little more.

"So where are you from?"

"Alabama," she replied, "I've never lived far from my home town."

"And you and Mary grew up there together?"

"Yep. Our moms were best friends before us and we grew up as best friends." There's another pause between us. "How about you and Robert?"

"He's been my best pal since we were babies. We always used to spend Halloween together Trick-or-Treating in my neighborhood. Most of the time he'd get my hand-me-down costumes. Anyway, he moved away when I was about 15 and we didn't see so much of each other. But that was alright. We wrote letters and emails and eventually joined Facebook."

"And where do you live?"

"I live in Maryland, Mount Airy, specifically. I've lived there all my life. I never had to move or anything." Or conversation continued as such for quite a time until Robert and Mary returned to the table.

The next day we saw each other when Mary and Angela came over to hang out and play video games with me and Robert. We had a good time, but after a while, I got tired of losing at racing and decided to go for a walk. Angela jumped at the chance to come with me. Once outside we talked again.

"Does Robert always beat you at video games?"

"No, just the racing games," I chuckled, "I'm better at some games." Another of our famous pauses.

"What do you do for fun in Maryland?"

"Well, I read a lot. Lots of Fantasy. And I play video games, obviously," I make a gesture back towards the house. "And I do other nerdy things." I wave my hands dismissively. "What do you do in Alabama?"

"I read too. And I go on church retreats and things. But I don't have a lot of time. I'm still going to school."

"Does that mean no partying every night?"

"No, not at all. My parents wouldn't like that." She gives a laugh.

"Parents don't like you going out much? Or is it the partying they would object to?"

"I don't know, but it doesn't really matter. I don't go out much anyway."

"Not even on dates?"

"No, I don't go on many dates."

"And why don't you go on dates?"

"My parents don't want me to I guess. And I haven't really found someone I want to date yet."

"And what would you be looking for in a guy to date?" She stopped walking and gave me a meaningful look.

"That would be telling, now wouldn't it?" She turned forward and continued walking on the road.

"I guess it would." I catch up to her.

"And what about you? Is there a girl back home for you?"

"No, no significant other to speak of."

"And why is that?"

"Turnabout is fair play, huh?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep. Answer the question, please."

"Well, I just don't date anyone I guess. I mean, normally, I really shy and reserved. Not the guy you'd notice easily."

"You look pretty noticeable to me."

"I mean I don't do well talking on my feet. And I guess I'm worried about ruining friendships. I hate ruining friendships." I look down at my feet as I say this.

"I know what that's like."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she replies. We don't talk for a minute. We spend our time just thinking.

"In any case, I'm not opposed to a relationship. I just want to be sure she's interested in me."

"And how would she show her interest in you?"

"I believe, to coin a phrase," I give her a meaningful look, "'That would be telling'" We both laugh and the subject turns to other things.


The next night is the Rehearsal. We all arrive at the church to practice. The rehearsal is mainly walking in time with the music, getting the order of the wedding party right and standing in the right places. On the one hand, it's a little boring. On the other hand, it gave me more time with Angela. We weren't really alone until we got to walk in together. We walked in arm in arm. When she took my arm she made a comment.

"Your arm is really warm."

"Is it?" I asked in response.

"Yes it is. It feels nice." I smile at her, not really knowing what to make of her comment.

Afterward was the rehearsal dinner. We all sat together with the wedding party. We didn't talk about much, as we were a little apart, but after dinner, she came back to Robert's house with Mary. Angela and I stood outside together for a while. The moon was bright and the moonlight looked good on her.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.