Life Can Get Better - Cover

Life Can Get Better

Copyright© 2013 by Angus

Chapter 5

Life is made up of highs and lows, good things and bad things.

Janice, Paige and Hope had decided to leave. I had told them before that they would have their own money, I just not tell them how much money that I had. It was with mixed emotions that I saw them off, Wu's people drove them back.

Monique and Heather came to me later.

"Master, we have something to tell you!"

Why is it those words were so fated to always be followed by bad news?

"Ugh Huh." I so clearly mumbled.

"We have been discussing something!"

Wow I thought, intellectuals were now addressing me. Yes, I was getting PO'd.

"Ugh Huh!" Again very muffled.

"Monique has something to say to you!"

I just knew I was not going to like this next part.

"Ugh Huh."

"Rob!"

Now I knew I would not like it, she called me Rob!

"I want to go back and finish school. get my degree and be more than a clerk or a slave. Can you forgive me?"

I looked at her, head down, obviously crying and my heart melted. "Hon. there is nothing to forgive. My heart may be broken but to see you happy makes up for anything, even this So, although it hurts, it is like a father sending a daughter out on her own, it is the way of life ... So no, there is nothing to forgive. I'll call John right after I see Mr. Wu, he wants to talk about a few things. I'll take care of whatever monies you need and expenses."

Heather jumped right in.

"I also have something to say. Master!"

OK, I was ready for almost anything. "OK, your turn, what?"

"Well, can we get a pet? I'm never leaving you and I thought maybe some dogs would make us some good protection."

There was a God, and she was not all mad at me, I realized.

"Hon. we have a dozen guards here, thanks to Mr. Wu, but if you want those messy, smelly dogs, then we will get dogs. Have you thought of attack Tropical fish though?"

I got two hugs and kisses and both of them ran off to get whatever girls do.

I had the guards use a smaller car and drive me to Mr. Wu. We could have walked. He lived across the street in what only could be a scene out of a Bond movie. It was huge. I found out the 'small' mansion I was in used to be his while the new one was being built.

'Odd job' opened the door for me. He smiled and extended a paw to wave me in. I only could imagine what greeting he might give to anyone who was not a friend. I was shown into the study, offered a cool drink and waited for Mr. Wu.

It was only a minute or two before a smiling Li Wu walked in.

"Dear friend, it was an interesting trip. I called John. we spoke of several thing and I decided to visit him. I am glad we did. Not only was I impressed with the research and discoveries you had made, but John had invited the main people at the drug company. We negotiated several manufacturing and distribution agreements that trip were made. Several millions in fact will be profit to our new ventures."

This was good news and I was pleased that I was now contributing something to Li Wu. He had treated me better than anyone ever did and asked nothing in return.

"Unless this 'old man' is wrong, those thing you 'threw in' for me to sell or use are going to be worth $50 or $60 Billion over the next 20 years. We will both be able to buy new cars." He laughed and gave me a hug. It was a manly hug but still, I looked at him.

"Don't let my guards know I am a big softy though. Only to you, to others I can be very stern"

Yep, I had found out a few things about Li Wu. He was a Warlord. In China and most of Asia he was a man that people feared. Here, he was a friend, a good friend.

"The trip to see John was very surprising in many ways. In China, there is an Old saying, call it a blessing or a curse; 'May you live in interesting times!' I shall let you discover what that is though." He walked me out, followed by the ever-present 'Odd job'.

In the car I called John. It did not even ring once. He must have been expecting a call.

"Rob, is everything, all right?"

It was a bit unusual for John to be worried. Usually he was the calm and I was the storm.

"I hope so, most of my girls are going off or already left for greener pastures. That's why I was calling. One of them, Monique, wants to go back to college. I want to see that everything is paid for her, any expenses too. I understand you met my 'Partner' and got him going."

"Ahh, Mr. Wu, yes, well actually it does not take much to get him going. You say he is your 'Partner'? Do you have any idea who your 'Partner' is?"

"Certainly, he is my friend who has never questioned anything I have asked of him. Why?'

"Well, Ehh, I did some checking and, Well Let's just say He is a very powerful man. Even our Muckety Mucks here started to run around when they found out he was coming. You know that he has his own airline, right?"

"John, doesn't everyone!" Actually, I did not know that, but the way John said it seemed to make him in awe of Li Wu.

I asked, indirectly about Julie and Jody. The reply I got was strange.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.