Accidental Attraction - Cover

Accidental Attraction

Copyright© 2013 by Kaffir

Chapter 16

Eleanor was back at nine on Sunday morning for ablutions and exercise. Reg noticed immediately that she was anxious about something.

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" he asked gently.

She bit her lip and looked down. "Well, er, I know you do a pretty good job with your washing but you haven't had a shower for a fortnight."

"Do I smell?"

"No, my love, but I can't believe that you manage all the cracks and crevices and there might be something festering there."

"So what are you suggesting?"

"That I cover up your arm and leg with bin bags and selotape so that you don't get the bandages or plaster wet and then you can have a shower."

"But, Eleanor my sweet, I'm not steady enough to do that."

Eleanor blushed and looked down again.

"I-I could join you a-and help you."

Reg gaped at her. "B-but you'd see me naked!"

Shyly Eleanor nodded. "Yes," she whispered, "but when we're married I'll see you naked so why not now?"

"B-but..."

"I won't help you wash as such; just hold you steady."

"W-will you be naked too?"

"No. I've brought a swimsuit in the hope you'd agree."

Reg stared at her. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "I've seen you at hydrotherapy all but naked so it'll just be your 'bits' and Anita's seen them and she's not even engaged to you."

He held out his arms to her. "You're a very sweet, brave and loving girl," he said to her and kissed her gently. Then he grinned, "And naughty too. Are you going to tell Mum what we're going to do?"

"If she asks."

"OK."

Eleanor collected two bin bags and some selotape and ran upstairs with them and the small holdall she had brought with her. She was soon back down again and, after helping Reg to his feet, the two of them clambered up the stairs and went to his bedroom. She helped a very embarrassed Reg to undress. She was careful to make no remark that might embarrass him but could not help a covert glance. She liked the look of what she saw. She helped him into his dressing gown and then stripped off her own clothes. She had her swimsuit on underneath.

"Oh my!" breathed Reg. "I told you you were beautiful but ... but you're stunningly beautiful. Oh, my Eleanor!"

Her smile was shy but very pleased. "Glad you approve," she said quietly. "Come on now, Reg darling, arm round my shoulders as usual."

Hers went round his waist and they made their way to the bathroom. Eleanor had him sit on the lavatory while she applied the bin bags and then arranged the bathmat, placed the towel handy and turned on the shower. She helped him in.

"Right," she said. "Grab the soap and do your thing. I'll hold you steady."

She did this standing behind him so as not to embarrass him. She made him hold on to the shower pipe while she washed his back for him.

"I still can't do my feet," he said.

"Don't worry. I'll do them downstairs as usual. If you sat down in here I'd probably never get you back up again without an accident."

She helped him out of the shower, dried his back for him and then held him steady while he did the rest. She had to dry him below the knee but did that from behind him. Having helped him back to his room she took her holdall and clothes back to the bathroom to finish drying and to dress.

She returned and helped him to dress in his new clothes before they both made their way laboriously back down the stairs to the kitchen where she washed his feet and put his shoes and socks on.

Daphne came back from Communion while this was going on.

"My, my, you look very smart," she said to Reg.

"Thanks, Mum."

"He's had a shower too," chirped Eleanor.

Reg went puce and looked at the floor.

"Great! How did he manage that?"

"I held him steady."

"That was sweet of you, Eleanor." She giggled. "Was he lobster throughout?"

"Mum!"

Daphne pealed with laughter and hugged Eleanor. "I hope he behaved," she stuttered.

"Impeccably, I'm afraid," replied Eleanor.

"Eleanor!"

"Yes, darling?"

"Stop it, both of you!"

She kissed him. "Yes, dear."

"Right," commanded Daphne. "Coffee!"

Order was restored.

"Eleanor, sweetheart, would you be prepared to support me today? I'd really like to do without the wheelchair if I can."

"Of course I would. Will your shoulder be up to it?"

"I'm sure it will. I can move it about fine now."

"Good! Well done you!"

"Yes" echoed Daphne. "Well done, Reggie!"

They arrived at Eleanor's house a few minutes after half past twelve. It was not a big house by any means but to Reg it seemed enormous and what looked like a huge garden. In fact it only had four bedrooms and the garden was no more than three quarters of an acre.

Eleanor let them in. "Hallo! Hallo!" she called.

Bridget arrived first. "Hallo, Reg dear!" she said hugging him and giving him a kiss. "Congratulations!"

She stood back with her hands on his shoulders and looked him up and down. "I like your jersey too. Lovely colour."

Reg could not help but relax at the warmth of his welcome. "Blame Eleanor," he smiled.

"Nonsense! Yours was the final choice."

They smiled at each other and Bridget got a lump in her throat. She could see, almost feel, their love for each other.

David was not far behind her. He shook Reg's hand warmly clasping his shoulder. "Congratulations, Reg!" he said. "You've made us all and one young lady in particular very happy."

"I'm pretty happy myself, sir."

"I bet and drop the sir. You're family now."

"Thank you, sir ... David."

"There you are! At last! A knighthood! A bit more respect from you now, Bridget my girl."

"Not if I'm a Lady."

"Ah well. 'Twere ever thus."

They moved into the drawing room. Celia made a beeline for Eleanor and embraced her. Even so she managed to keep a grip of Reg's waist.

"Sorry, Aunt Celia, I can't let go of Reg in case he gets the staggers."

In the meanwhile, Edwin had greeted Reg in the same way as David including telling him to drop the sir.

The two of them did an exchange. Edwin hugged Eleanor tightly. "I thought there was some chemistry at the Board Meeting," he said.

Eleanor laughed. "Definitely, Uncle Edwin. He's very, very special."

"I'll believe you," he smiled. "Be very, very happy together."

That earned him a kiss. "Thanks, Uncle Edwin, I know we will be."

Nobody had introduced Celia and Reg. His first impression was of a small, dark haired, slightly plump woman but then he noticed her eyes. They were warm, brown and gentle.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.