Accidental Attraction
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2013 by Kaffir

Ron was home early that evening. It was the first time he had seen Reg since the Board Meeting but Daphne had told him everything

"So," he said with a big smile, "the successful businessman."

Reg grinned.

"Well done, lad. What were these ideas you put forward?"

Reg told him, taking care to mention Len's input.

"There's a bloke I know called Will Hornbeam, manager with a big haulage firm. He might be able to give you a heads up on hiring from manufacturers. I'll have a word with him. How much longer are you going to be working from here?"

"Until I'm out of this blooming wheelchair which might be in ten days' time."

"OK, plenty of time. Got yourself engaged to the boss's daughter too your Mum says."

Reg nodded happily.

"You're a dark horse, lad. I liked her. Pretty too!"

"More than pretty, Dad."

"Aye, she is. What do her Mum and Dad think of it all?"

"Very happy, Dad. I'm going to have lunch with them on Sunday."

"I look forward to meeting them."

"You'll like them, Dad. No airs and graces. His dad started on the shop floor and then went on to set up DRD."

"Did he? Good for him! So is she coming round tomorrow?"

"Yes. She'll be round to help me with my exercises and to wash and then we'll probably go and get some fresh air."

"Wash?"

"My feet and lower legs. I can't reach them."

"What about your private parts?"

Reg coloured. "No, Dad. I do them."

"How?"

"It's a bit of a struggle. I can lift my bum off the seat so she slides a towel under me and pulls it up at the back so that I can lean on it. Then she goes out of the room and I slide my underpants down, wash and dry, pull my pants up again and give her a shout. The pants are the difficult bit but it works."

Ron nodded. He was impressed.

Conversation moved on.

With it being a Saturday Eleanor did not arrive until nine. She let herself in as usual and found the family in the kitchen.

Ron rose to his feet and smiling warmly held out his arms to her. Smiling equally warmly and happily she went to him. He kissed her gently.

"Welcome, lass," he said. "We've always wanted a daughter."

She laughed. "I'll try to be a good one," she said and, laying her head against his chest, hugged him.

"Well that's a good start," he smiled down at her.

She went next to Daphne and gave her a hug and a kiss before kneeling beside Reg's chair where she took his head in her hands and kissed him rather more intensely.

"Good morning, my darling," she said softly.

"And you, my love," he responded taking her hands and kissing the palm of each in turn.

She smiled radiantly at him.

Daphne poured her a cup of coffee and she sat down beside him.

Conversation resumed until Daphne shooed Ron out of the kitchen so that Eleanor and Reg could get on with their morning routine.

That was not immediate as Eleanor turned in her chair and took Reg's hands in hers.

"Your father seems happy with us," she said quietly.

Reg nodded.

"He didn't do a Reg and get all class conscious?" she smiled.

"No," he smiled back. "I told him about your granddad."

"What did he say?"

"Good for him."

Eleanor sniggered. "Like father like son. You don't waste words."

"But he meant what he said."

"Yes, you silly, and you say a lot in a few words too."

"Such as?"

"'I love you.'"

Reg's face broke into a happy smile. "True too."

"I know and I love you too. Truly, truly!"

She leant across and they kissed gently and happily.

First of all came the foot-washing.

"I hate having to ask you to do this," he said softly.

"Jesus did it for his disciples," she replied with a smile, "and what with sandals, heat and sand I guess that was a much yuckier operation."

He guffawed with laughter. "Oh, Eleanor my darling, you are so funny."

"Peculiar or ha-ha?"

"Don't be daft! Ha-ha!" He leant forward and ran his fingers through her hair. "My beautiful!"

Her eyes widened but she was not going to argue a compliment like that. She merely bent, kissed that foot and dried it. She took his other foot and started on it. Her silence worried him.

"Eleanor, have I upset you?"

She shook her head vehemently.

"So why don't you say anything?"

She dropped his foot, pushed his knees apart and rose between them taking his face in her hands.

"Because nobody has ever told me I'm beautiful before."

"More fool them because you are."

"Reg, my darling, you said it with such love in your voice."

He held her head and their eyes locked. Neither said a word and then he released her. She sank back onto her heels and resumed washing his foot but their eyes remained locked.

Reg's lips quirked. "Watch what you're doing, lass," he said softly, "Or we'll have water all over the place."

Eleanor smacked his foot. "Don't be cheeky."

"You're splashing it about already."

Her eyes sparkling she gently bit his big toe.

"Ow! Ow!" he cried.

"Shut up, you big baby!"

Daphne though had heard the ows and came bursting into the kitchen.

"What's the matter, Reggie?" she cried.

"She's abusing me, Mum," he declared theatrically whereupon he and Eleanor dissolved into laughter.

Daphne recovered quickly. "I'll send your dad to deal with you," she said.

"Oh yum!" quipped Eleanor.

That reduced all three to laughter which brought Ron in. He looked questioningly at them.

"Eleanor's waiting for you to make a pass at her," giggled Daphne.

"In front of my wife?"

That brought howls of laughter from all four.

It was a really pleasant day so Reg and Eleanor agreed to go back to the Peak District only this time they would go to Coverdale. Eleanor approved. It would be flatter. Before they could set off though Reg needed one thing sorted.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.