Allis and Donna - Cover

Allis and Donna

Copyright© 2013 by Sam

Chapter 1

I wondered where it had all went. Time that is. Everything just seemed so different now. I still had my military clearance. The DIA(Defense Intelligence Agency) had slots for my clearance level; and could sponsor me for the 'endorsements' but they did not have the budget for a hire. I would have to 'hire' on to a consulting firm.

There were not many openings for 'ex' anything. There were many openings for 'security' types in South America, Africa and the Middle East. One of the benefits of Embassy duty were those language courses. If nothing else came up soon, it looked like I would have another chance to use them. At least it was not Afghanistan or Iraq.

Several of my buddies had done just that. The pay was not great, $22,500 a month plus all expenses. There was an optional Insurance policy if you had a family, that was in lieu of $2,500 a month. In you were 'Legion' (French Foreign Legion), South African Army or 'SAS'(British Army Special-Operations) there were a lot of 'friends' in them. Not too many 'Yanks' though. Everyone in the US thought the price was too low for getting 'KIA'(Killed In Action). They forgot it was tax-free plus a Hell of a lot more then Army or Navy pay.

I was on 'K' street, and decided to head on home. Driving in DC or Alexandria was usually a 'PIA'(Pain In The Ass) and the Metro was great, when it ran. New Carrolton Station was always full if you got there late. No parking in the main lot. I was not going to be long so the short-term slots would do me fine.

Up ahead were several people, just milling about. It was a mix of 'suits', Military and a few 'whatever' that I had 'bad vibes' from. I would have walked on but my eye caught the glimpse of a cute blonde in a very short shirt. She was kneeling down and was displaying a lot more than she probably knew. Sitting up next to her was an older woman, say late 30's maybe early 40's. The girl was screaming for 'help', no one seemed to be doing anything. You could see the scrapes on the woman's hands and knees, blood ran from her nose and a cut on her forehead. The kneeling girl was soon joined by a look-alike, also yelling and screaming for help. I realized that the reason for all this crowd apathy was they were asking for help in German.

I went up to them, knelt down and started to wipe the blood away. In German I tried to comfort them, letting them know that most of the gawkers would have helped but German was not a common Languages here in the US. Especially as fast as the beautiful girls were screaming. That was my first mistake. I had three woman stop and stare at me. During the lull, I did a few tests to evaluate the woman on the ground. Outside of her nose bleed and cuts and scrapes there did not seem to be any broken bones.

There was a small park nearby, the bench was big enough to lie on. I asked the girls to help me move her over, and to lie her down. I used my jacket to cover the dress and legs, for some modesty. I told the girls to stay with her while I would go to the store nearby and get some things.

When I returned from the stores, the one girl was on her cell. She was looking very frustrated. A police patrol came up to us and tried to have us leave the park bench. I told the 'assholes' the lady had fallen. I took out my soon to be cancelled Military ID and they shook there heads while reluctantly walking away. Ah yes, the wonderful US of A, so civilized. That security work was looking better all the time. I opened the three bags I was carrying. An assortment of gauze, tape, bandages, antiseptic, four 'Ace' wraps, several cold packs, six bottles of water and six of green tea were soon evident. Two blankets, some clothes of a size I thought she could wear and 3 sets of 'trainers', 7-9, which would help her walk. Oh, and an adjustable cane.

That was my second mistake. I guess, calling them beautiful in German and then actually trying to help, was something that was not expected. They gave me their names; the lady was Claire, the two girls were her daughters, Allis was 17, her sister Donna was 16. When Claire had fallen they both had tried to call someone, apparently their Father. He was visiting for business they said and no one who answered the phone number he had given them spoke German. He had turned off his cell too, a Deutsche Telecom World Traveler Model. He spoke several languages and never thought to ask if anyone there spoke German. They were not able to reach him.

I asked how would they meet up. A call at 5 or 6pm or they had rooms at L'Enfant Circle was the answer. I suggested we get a cab to their hotel, as the option was for me to carry Claire in my arms. Not that I would mind carrying any of them, but her husband might not be too understanding. I laughed when I said that. Again strange looks from all of them.

I wont bore you with the details, but it was just past noon when we got back to Claire's room. I asked the girls to order room service; for a meal to be brought up. Donna sheepishly looked at the menu, handed it to me, then in German said she did nor read English very much and would I please order for them. Again I became aware how it often was that the US was not used to dealing with other languages. Allis took Claire to wash her, treat her wounds and get her changed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.