The Lost Flight
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2013 by Frank Speaks

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5 - I started this one but ran out of thought. Radio_Guy played with it but it was too hot for finestories. I took it back but put some explicit sex in it. It's a good story about the survivors of a lost flight. Hope you enjoy it.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Incest   Sister   Swinging   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Violence  

After a bit, a skinny, but fit looking, woman in her early thirties came up. She said, "I am Elaine Goodman. I will lead a group. I sell medical equipment and am on the way home from a convention. I run in distance races and do wilderness hiking for exercise."

Jeffries said, "Thanks, Elaine. We'll try to get you a group to lead. I would like someone to go south. Would you lead that group?"

"Yes, south is as good a direction as any. Do you have any compasses or should we go by the sun?"

He replied, "No compasses. You will have to use dead reckoning." She nodded.

Jeffries sent Baker to find nine or ten people of various ages to go with her. It didn't take long even though everyone knew there was danger but most also recognized that getting out of the plane was something they wanted to do. With Elaine in front, they went down the rope ladder and started out.

By then, there were three other groups heading out in different directions. Jeffries came up to Baker. He said, "John, would you take a group out to the first clearing you can find and try to figure out a way to camp with some hope of living through a night."

"Yeah, I can do that. We will stay close." Baker went into the main part of the plane, explained what he was going to do, and asked for volunteers. He quickly had fifteen or so.

When all were gathered at the rope ladder, he noticed that Doctor Miller was with them. He said, "I don't remember you volunteering, Doc."

She replied, "Well, I did and it's Nancy, John."

"Yes, Ma'am. Nancy, you will be."

They left slowly heading northwesterly toward the open area where Fred's party had been when they were attacked.

There were no bodies of people or animals but lots of blood. Nancy called to Baker, "John, how many of the wolverines did you kill?"

He thought a moment and said, "Four."

She responded, "Then, where are they?"

He looked around. "I don't know. There's enough blood here but no bodies, not even bones. That's strange."

Also, strange was the quiet. There was an expectant silence in the open woods. The group moved forward seeing various sized humps on what should have been flat ground. The group covered about two miles. Just ahead, the forest abruptly thinned out into an open area. They approached it slowly and carefully.

They came to the tree line with John and Nancy together in the middle of the line. Stretching before them was an endless vista of plain. The grass was green and about knee high to waist high. As far as they could see, there were few trees on the plain. In the distance, there were animals gathered in herds and it looked like they were grazing. There were no buildings or any signs of humanity.

Nancy said, "John, what do you make of this?"

Others looked at him to hear. He said, "I think it has the look of the American plains before the coming of man though if an Indian popped up with a bow and arrows, I wouldn't be surprised.

"My best guess is that we're in another dimension or another time far from our own.

"I'm also worried. With that many grazers, there should be many predators. I think this is going to be a difficult place to live. We need safe shelter and weapons. I see neither one."

One of the men said, "Can't we build a stockade?"

Baker responded, "We lack the tools to cut down trees. To be meaningful, the walls would have to be stout and high. Looking at the trees behind us, I would guess it would take two or three months of hard work to start building anything close to the size needed. I'm more inclined to build huts up in the trees. We will still need water and food. I want to hear from the other parties and look at a map hoping things will be different in another direction.

"Finally, do we leave the plane to make lives or do we wait hoping for a return to our time and place? How long do we wait?"

Nancy said, "That's a lot to consider. According to Captain Jeffries, we can't stay in the plane much longer before the batteries give out and the food and water are already low. I would say that tomorrow is the day to leave if we can figure a place or even a direction. Depending upon fate or a miracle for rescue is not my style. John, I don't think it's yours either."

"No, Nancy, you're right. I don't think we will be rescued or returned to where we would like to be. I think we need to pick a direction and start out. My real concern is that an attack by animals will be bad. We have very little protection for a large group."

One of the others said, "Let's head back to the plane. We can't handle the plains out there and need to hope for better news from another group's direction."

The group returned to the plane. They reported to all in the plane by the intercom. Baker was blunt about the chances of survival on the plains without shelter or weapons. Other groups began to return and Jeffries waited until all were back on the plane before having Baker and the others report to everyone.

Elaine had the most hope in her report. The easterly group had seen what seemed to be Lake Michigan as had Baker earlier. They didn't go to the shore but followed it for a short distance. Elaine, on the other hand, had found the woods continued south but that the land became slightly hillier as they went. She said, "We only went five or six miles but we could see a change in the topology to a less flat terrain. The trees continued. We found two creeks and both had good water."

The party that went west found plains and followed the tree line west and south for a couple of miles but saw no change nor any people or signs of people. The only animals were grazers.

Jeffries reported last. He said, "We have water for this evening and snacks. According to my reckoning, the batteries will go sometime tomorrow afternoon. I don't think the plane will be habitable for long after that.

'I have talked to John Baker and Doctor Miller. They are willing to lead a party south and try to find some place to live. I am going with them. My personal belief is that there will be no return or rescue. I will not remain here to starve.

"Folks, it's your choice. You can leave or stay. This plane can't go anywhere. You can stay in it though that choice will become more difficult every day. Mister Baker and his party will leave in the morning. This evening, those leaving will have to go through their belongings and decide what to take and what to leave.

"Mister Baker, please tell those who will be going with you how they can best prepare."

John Baker took the microphone. "You should prepare to walk. Wear comfortable shoes with socks. You heard Elaine's report. Carrying a suitcase, even if it rolls, is not going to be practical. Strapping it on your back or using a strap over your shoulder is a better choice. Pack light. If you don't need it, leave it.

"We don't know what we will find out there but we have run into some nasty animals. It would be dangerous even without them. There are no guarantees of anything. The complaint department will remain on the plane. It's too heavy to carry." There were a few chuckles.

He continued, "I don't expect to be back. I don't expect we will be returned or rescued. I am making my plans accordingly. I suggest that, if you come with me, you do likewise."

That evening, people made their choices and most packed. Only a few elderly and infirm decided to stay knowing that they couldn't walk well enough and would only be a burden in an emergency. Twenty-three people stayed. Only Maureen from the flight crew was staying. This was to have been her final flight before taking a medical leave to fight cancer.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.