My Best Year So Far - Cover

My Best Year So Far

Copyright© 2013 by Levi Charon

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - A thirty-something divorcee struggles with his empty life until he meets up with his childhood crush.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Incest   Cousins  

It was the middle of June and I was at the local produce market selecting fruit, veggies, nuts, grains, leaves and twigs for my new high-fiber-no-processed-foods diet when I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone said, "Tommy?"

I looked around and saw a pretty face that was familiar but it didn't dawn on me who it was for a few seconds. Finally, "Margie? Wow, is it really you? Well, what a surprise! Jeez, woman, you're looking good! What are you doing back in town?"

I hadn't seen my cousin that I practically grew up with for at least ten years and that was the only time I'd seen her and her family since her wedding. She and her husband moved to Denver and became a part of the big city culture. I remember how jealous I was of the guy she married because I'd always had a secret crush on her since we were kids; not that I'd have ever said anything about it because we were first cousins and she's almost two years older than me.

To my surprise and delight, she threw her arms around me and gave me a big hug. "I'm moving back. Calling you was on my list of things to do but this is better. The people who were renting the house moved away so Dad said he'd sign it over to me since he was going to leave it to me in his will anyway. I'm not looking forward to the heating bills for the old place but the price is right."

"Hey, that's great, Margie! So, is Roger going to set up a new law office here? If he is, he's in for some stiff competition because most ski communities have an ambulance chaser on every block."

She sighed and shrugged, "Roger is staying in Denver. We've parted company so it's just me and Davey now."

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that." That wasn't really the truth because I always thought he was kind of a jerk but it seemed like the PC thing to say. "I hope it was as friendly as my split with Vickie."

"Well, it wasn't very smooth I'm afraid. He was practically supporting a string a chippies from Fort Collins to Pueblo so I wasn't feeling especially charitable."

It seemed like a good time to change subjects. "So Davey must be what, thirteen or fourteen by now?"

"He'll be fifteen next month and he'll be starting tenth grade in September. Tempus fugit, right?"

"Jeez, it sure does! I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I think the last time we met up, he only came up to my belt."

She laughed, "Nowadays you'll be eye to eye. Look, we're still unpacking and getting organized over there so the place is in kind of a mess but why don't you plan on coming over to dinner, say, next Saturday?"

"Thanks, I like that. Don't do anything special just for me though because I've kind of gone nuts on healthy foods. There's a lot of stuff I don't eat any more and I wouldn't want you to do something fancy and then feel insulted because I just pushed it around the plate."

"Not a problem for me, Tommy. I'm very much of the same mind, much to Davey's chagrin. So it's all set then; you know where we live so we'll see you at sixish on Saturday, OK?"

"I'll be there! Shall I bring something?"

"Just yourself and an appetite. I've got to run so we'll see you then." She kissed my cheek and pushed her cart toward the checkout stand.

Wow! That made my day!


Flowers for Margie seemed like the right idea but something for Davey took a little more thought. Trying to imagine what a fifteen-year-old would think was cool and his mother would find acceptable wasn't easy. I finally settled on a T-shirt that had a picture of a vacuum and a fan on the front. The fan is saying 'YOU SUCK' and the vacuum is saying 'BLOW ME'. I remembered Margie had never been a prig when it came to humor but even so, I tried to pick out the least disgusting disgusting T-shirt I thought she might find acceptable.

When she answered the door, all the reasons I'd had such a crush on her came flooding back into my brain. She was all decked out in designer jeans and a pale yellow knit top, both of which showed off her exquisite figure. Her pixie-cut ebony hair framed a face that practically glowed. The lady was gorgeous!

"Oh, what beautiful flowers! Thank you so much, Tommy!" As she accepted the spring bouquet she leaned in and kiss my cheek. I don't know what kind of perfume she was wearing but it definitely made you want to hang around.

Davey was standing behind his mom with a big grin on his face. Margie was right; at six feet, he was as tall as I am and looked really good. I couldn't see a single zit on his face and that's pretty amazing for a kid his age. It was probably attributable to his mom's insistence on a healthy, low-sugar diet.

"Hey, Little Guy, it's good to see you again! Oops, check that! I'd better call you Davey because Little Guy obviously no longer applies. Here, I brought you something but you might have to exchange it for a larger size. I hope your mom approves." I reached into the bag and held up the T-shirt.

His eyes got big and he goes, "All Right! Thanks Uncle Tom, it's amazing!"

"Actually, I'm your second cousin."

"I know but Uncle Tom is funnier and saying Cousin Tom sounds dorky."

Margie giggled at the message on the T-shirt and said, "I'd just as soon you didn't wear that one to school, OK?"

"Ah, Mom!"

"At least not without another shirt over it. Of course, school is still two months off so I expect the novelty will be worn off by then." She grabbed my arm and said, "Come on into the kitchen and lets do some catching up."

Davey couldn't wait to show off his new off-color T-shirt. "Mom, I'm gonna run down the street and show this to Ramon. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Dinner in one hour, Mister! Don't be late!"

As I sat at the table, she asked, "Would you care for a glass of wine?

"I don't drink but please don't let that stop you. Maybe some coffee or tea."

"Earl Grey OK?"

"Perfect! Is Ramon Davey's new best friend?"

Margie looked at me like she was sizing me up before she answered. "The truth is that Ramon is Davey's new boyfriend. My son is solidly in the gay ranks."

"Wow, that was quick! I take it you're comfortable with it?"

"Oh, yeah. You know, I don't know how they do it. Sometimes it seems like gay people have some sort of radar that automatically locks onto other gay people and then they're drawn together like magnets. You're not a homophobe are you?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.