A Southern Warming
Chapter 26

Copyright© 2013 by SlaterChance

I took a break from shoveling to enjoy the scenery around me. The sky was gray and overcast. The sun was a shiny orb trying its best to burst through the cloud cover. I spotted some lingering hints of frost from the previous night. The temperature was minus twenty, but I actually felt rather comfortable. I paused to study the way the sun glowed through the maze of branches created by the trees.

Anna had really liked the presents that I had given her for Christmas. She really got excited about the cowboy hat. I had to admit, she looked great with it on, her amazing head of hair flowing out from the back. I had guessed wrong on the size of her feet, so the boots would need to be exchanged. The western shirt was great and the jeans fit like a glove. Every little variation in the shape of her legs, thighs, and even her calves, were hugged in a way that would make any man's head turn.

Of course Anna gave me a big hug and kiss. She told me that she could not believe that she was finally able to dress like an American cowgirl. I told her that it looked like she had just stepped off the cover of some western novel.

"In Russia, we don't celebrate Christmas until January 7," Anna informed me. "Most families get together and have a big dinner together."

"Well, we'll just have to go out to eat, or maybe get together with my brother, on the seventh, to celebrate," I replied.

Anna gave me some special presents that she had brought with her from Russia. Several of the smaller items were placed on the tree. My favorite was the crystal globe in which an image of St Basil's Cathedral was laser etched in the center. It was three dimensional and would make a nice conversation piece. I place it on a shelf with some other figurines. Of course, the best present of all was having Anna sitting on the couch beside me.

For breakfast, we had julekage, onion and green pepper omelets, and some Jimmy Dean sausages. It goes without saying that we each had a glass of eggnog. Anna was very pleased by my menu, but told me that she would like to start doing some of the cooking. I told her that would be just fine with me.

While we were clearing the table, Anna excitedly urged me to look out the window. I could just barely make out the top of the squirrel's head. It was no more than a foot from Anna's face as she starred out the window. When I changed my point of view, I could see that it was holding a flat piece of ice in its tiny hands, like a cracker, and nibbling around the edges. It was definitely something that I had never seen an animal do in the wild before. Anna thought it was so cute. When the squirrel had left, we had then moved to the living room to open our presents.

After opening presents, I went outside to do some shoveling so that the driveway would be cleared when we went to visit my brother and a few friends for Christmas dinner.

Everyone was excited to finally meet the girl I had spoken about with such enthusiasm. My brother found Anna to be everything I had told him she was. My best friend, John, said that he looked forward to going out together as a couple. My uncle told me that she was indeed a good catch.

We enjoyed a wonderful meal together and then retired to the living room, where we sang some Christmas carols together. My family has always been a musical one. The songs brought back memories of my mom, who would, on most occasions, sing us a song before we went to sleep. It is amazing how much you think about those times you enjoyed as a young child, when your life was so simple and you knew that you were safe under the envelope of the love of your mother. My heart went out to those children that did not have a situation like that. I thought about the adults that were not brought up in a loving home like mine and still longed for that special assurance of a parent's love.

After singing, we had a gift exchange of items purchased for fewer than ten dollars. I received a nice plastic cutting board, which the next person decided to take from me. I opened again and received a bag of almonds, which was also a nice gift.

Anna opened hers and was pleased with the nice scarf that she had received. After seeing the look on her face, no one dared to take the scarf from her. It turned out to be a good time together and Anna thanked me for opportunity to meet my family. I told her that I was just a little sad that so many of my aunts and uncles had already passed on. I remembered so many Christmases where I had sat and listened to their laughter and stories. I had indeed been blessed.

Anna was especially interested in my uncle Giorgio. He was, of course, of Italian descent. He had many interesting stories to tell us of his Christmases growing up as a poor son of immigrants. Anna was entranced by his stories, which many of us had heard before. It was fun for me to watch the two of them as their relationship turned into a special bond.

As we prepared to leave, we helped each other shoveling paths to the cars and scraping the ice off the windshields. It had continued to snow during our party and there was a three inch blanket of white powder covering everything. With the colorful lights from the surrounding houses, and the freshly fallen snow, it made for a very nice display as we headed home after a wonderful Christmas day.

Once we arrived home, we put on some comfortable lounging clothes and I stoked up the fire. Anna wore a big bulky sweater along with some form hugging, leggings. We sat by the hearth with a glass of wine, and enjoyed the cozy setting, as well as the opportunity to be together. Our eyes wandered from the flicker of the fire, to the twinkling of the lights outside in the yard, and then to the face of the one we cherished. It was a wonderful end to the day and I don't even recall what time it was when we both drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other's arms.

I was surprised when I awoke to find Anna already in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She had even started the coffee, of which I was quick to grab a cup. I enjoyed my morning brew while I watched Anna move about the kitchen.

She was wearing one of my flannel shirts, with nothing but panties on her bottom half. For me, it was a dream come true. I think there is nothing more beautiful than a woman, wearing a man's shirt, with her legs on display for the admiration of her partner. Anna turned her head my way and gave me a coy little smile. I could not restrain myself, so I got up from my chair and came up behind her. I hugged her softly, feeling the softness that reminded me once more that she was one hundred percent woman. Anna turned to me and our lips met. Our kiss was warm and moist. It was exactly what I needed to charge my batteries for the day ahead.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.