Sheriff Porter
Chapter 121

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

"Well to be honest the premise of the show is based on having a female involved." he said.

"You bring your crew down and I'll get you a female for the show but it won't be me. Meet everyone then you can decide if they are interested or not." I suggested. "I can have a meeting with them and let you know the results later today."

"You do that and I'll make plans to come for a visit in a couple of days," he suggested.

"We will see," I said.

I was sitting on the deck atop of the barge drinking coffee, when Mel came with the food. I had to explain about the plane and the aborted mission.

"You should have called me I could have come home and brought the food." Mel said.

"Mel honey you are not responsible for feeding up. You have to concentrate on yourself now. So did you enjoy helping the old men?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's kind of nice to be considered beautiful," she said. "I'm pretty average to the rest of the world, so it was a big deal to me."

"Honey, there is nowhere in this world where you are just average, but I am sure the old guys really appreciate you. You didn't mention the TV show to them did you?" I asked.

"No, I promised not to until after you talked to the network. I just helped them finished the shipping from yesterday." She said. "If I hadn't been on your bike, I would have carried them to the post office."

"Well the postal truck will come for the packages. It's all set up to be convenient for them," I said.

We waved to a couple of boats as they passed. "You know, we should be in bikinis," Mel suggested.

"Well you would never fit in one of mine for sure. I really don't have the body for a bikini. I'm way to shapeless," I admitted.

"Well I got too much butt and not enough boobs to be perfect, I bet we would get noticed," she said. "It comes with the plumbing I think."

"It probably does," I admitted.

"Is there a good place to buy clothes around here?" she asked.

"Well I buy most of mine on line. I am sure there are lots of places in Ellisboro, but I don't know any," I replied.

"I think I will drive over there this afternoon, after I do my research on the restaurant," Mel said.

"I think that is a good idea. Keep working on the restaurant. I would really like to make a decision on it, so that we can start the bureaucratic wheels moving, if we decide to go forward."

"I know and I promise I will give you my considered opinion tonight by dinner," she said.

"Well it will be up for discussion by Wilson and I, since we all have to agree," I said. "Be sure it is something you will be comfortable with because I don't want to manage a restaurant."

It was a little before lunch when I finished showering and changed for my trip downtown. I walked into the warehouse building right at noon. I watched them working just a second before I went to each one. I asked them into the office for a chat.

When they are all seated I began, "Guys I got an email last night from a TV producer. He wants to make you the next duck call show. At least he wants to make one short season worth of shows. I personally think it is a bad idea, but it's up to you guys to give the go ahead. I will not be involved in any way. As a matter of fact I will take my 30% of the fee and call our debt settled. As promised I will turn over the whole shebang to you," I said.

"Hold on," the original old man said. "You mean there will be $70 k for us to split up, but you will be leaving."

"Yes the 30% share comes to 30k and this months profits and that 30k will almost pay off your debt to me. The Old Man Enterprises will belong to the three of you and you get to manage it anyway you want." I suggested.

"Sylvia, what if we say no to the TV deal?" he asked.

"It should take you another year to pay me off," but then cutting you loose was always my plan. You guys pretty much know now how to handle the business end of the company."

"Bullshit," the original man said.

"How hard can it be to run the business now," the latest guy to join said. "We can hire a manager to do what Sylvia has done. No offense Sylvia, you made all this possible with your loan and financing of the advertising, but this would be great advertising.'

"Believe it or not I agree with our newest member of the firm," I admitted. "You guys could make a hell of a lot of money."

"Hell Sylvie, I don't do it for the money," the original old man said. "But I know these two have other reasons to be here, so let's take vote. Remember though if this happens it could be a one season thing, then we will be on our own."

"Yeah, but you will do fine. I have to be honest though, it really is up to you after the debt is settled. That was always the plan. If you need help with a shipping crunch, you will have to find your own help and pay them," I said with a laugh.

"So, I vote no," the original guy said. He was overruled of course.

I stepped outside and made the call to the producer. "Come on down and visit the Old Man Enterprise shop, but don't plan on meeting me." I expected that to be my last word on the subject. I might have to sign away my right to object to his show, but I would not agree to be filmed. It was way to risky to my real business.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.