Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 98

"Don't you guys think that is going to look a little strange," I asked.

It might if there was no cover story to go along with it. You were each chosen for your ability to fit the cover. You Sylvia will be a chaperon. The British chic will be an exchange student from england. The island chick will be a cook on the volunteer housekeeping staff. The three guys are going to be contract laborers from all over the country. So let's get started. Your Biographies were written especially for you. So read them and memorize them. Plane leaves early. I will bring some lock boxes tomorrow in case you have any weapons," the Sergeant Major suggested.

The biography for me was just who I was, but avoided the details that would have made me sound dangerous. I was instead the Sheriff who go accused of a crime, then had the charges dismissed and got an apology. I was doing all kinds of odd jobs till I found one I could really get into. Gee it was very real. According to the file I had been hired by the college to help keep the girls out of trouble. So I had a reason to be with them.

The Brit Chick was going to be one of them and the island girl would be mingling with the housekeeping staff. Of course there was no house, it would be strictly a tent city down there. The three guys were going to be contract labor for the digging equipment. I was going to be leading the team and I knew why. Vera Cruz was back in the discussion again I was sure.

Well win or lose I was in it now. I had agreed and I never walked away from a job. I had no intention of doing so at that moment. There was going to be some hardship involved in doing this one for sure. Maybe the ten girls would prove to be cooperative though I doubted it.

Still my immediate problem was getting to Mexico with some ability to protect our girls in route. The pistols were out of the question as were knives. What wasn't were things any passenger might carry. It was a lot about being willing to do what was necessary. Most likely the danger would only manifest itself after we got to the dig site.

The huge airport terminals were too busy for a kidnap, which is what I really feared. A random shooting in the terminal was a possibility, but the least likely of all. The itinerary showed a bus ride to the interior. That was a real danger that it might be hijacked. That was high on my list of possibilities. I needed to find a better way to get them to the site. To do that I needed to be in Mexico.

I shared the cabin with all the members of the team. We all shared a drink or two then went to sleep. It was bound to be a long day coming up. I knew it would be for me. I almost always awoke by 6AM.

I overslept the next morning it was 6:30 when I awoke. I dressed in long pants, sweat shirt and jogging shoes for my run down the trails of the Swamp. I didn't remember where the trails went, but I knew they all eventually led back to the compound. It was 7:45AM when I made it back to the compound, so I just called it a run and went to breakfast.

Mary Ellen's friend had a young man helping in the kitchen, but she was the cook. She rushed out and hugged me. "God it is good to see you. They told me you were coming, I hoped I would have a chance to thank you. Introducing me to your friends saved my life. I am a kickass chef now." she said.

"Then you need to sign up for Top Chef," I suggested. I bet the Colonel could get you a shot at it."

"That is a thought, but I need a few more years experience," she confided in me.

"Anytime you want you would have the perfect background story. I cook for a band of gypsy mercenaries," I said it with a laugh. I took my really well prepared breakfast to the table by the window. I was seated only a few minutes when the sergeant major came to seat himself at the table without asking.

"Have a seat Sergeant Major," I said.

"Thanks I will," he replied. "So where do you see the danger."

"Everywhere to differing degrees," I replied.

"Good answer, on a scale of one to ten where to do see the first one over five," he suggested.

"Mexico city airport terminal about a five. Not from kidnappers but more than likely just random violence." I replied.

"Next?" he asked.

"The airport bus to the hotel. High risk of kidnap. We have all the kids in one spot and a vehicle to use as a get away ride." I suggested.

"So what do you suggest?" he said.

"Break them into cab lots with the high value targets in the cab with me," I said.

"We have to transport sixteen people," he replied.

"One of us and two students in five cabs. The numbers work," I said. "Since the idea is to scare the bad guys off that might do it right away. If not, we can at least give them a rude surprise. We need to also hide their identities, so they aren't sure which cab has the higher value targets." I suggested.

"Okay we can do that. I think those are reasonable changes," he said. "Thanks."

"No problem, we still have the same problem the next morning the charter bus into the countryside is a death trap." I said.

"That can't be helped," he replied.

"Okay make the bus for twice as many people. With enough room so we can carry our luggage inside not on the roof," I said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.