Sheriff Porter
Chapter 91

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

While I waited I helped Wilson check the recordings. I overheard Randy Ralph arrange for a pick up at 7PM. I made a note to follow him. With the aid of the GPS, I wouldn't have to get close. At least not until he was deep into whatever shit he was involved with. I pretty much expected the trailer to be on the road as well.

I had a lot of time to kill, so I dropped by the Aberdeen Proving Ground. "So Tony what you got for me?" I asked.

"I got your trike of course," he said rolling it out. I noticed right away the motor was over the front wheel. It was high enough so that it wouldn't impede my pedaling. Since there was a freewheel inside the front axle, I wouldn't get beat to death by the pedal spin.

"It looks fine. What do I have for a power source?" I asked.

"I put in a 12v small car battery. It isn't in good shape so you are going to need to replace it. I did charge it so you can get an idea of the speed it will do. Now the motor is off an electric scooter. I welded that drive wheel on. It might not be perfect so expect some vibration. You need to take this home and do some research before you buy a battery. You are probably going to want a lithium battery. They are still pretty expensive, but are cheaper than they used to be."

"So how does it work?" I asked. Putting my ass on the wide seat.

"Pedal it a little to get it moving the just flip the switch. First we need to take it outside," he said.

I did as he said and when the trike started to move under it's own power I tried to catch the free wheel but was unable to do it. The trike was definitely faster on power then it was with me pedaling. That was all I wanted.

"Okay so how much do I owe you," I asked.

"The motor was fifty dollars and the wiring, switch and battery were twenty five. You owe me $75 plus my $100 labor." he said.

"Not a problem," I said handing him the money.

"If it runs fast enough on 12 volts, you need to get a lithium battery so it will last longer and weight less." Tony said.

I just nodded. I helped him load it in the back of my truck. I was back at the boat by five even though I stopped for take out pizza at the only pizza place in town offering take out.

"So Randy Ralph is going to be on the move again," Wilson asked.

"Yes but it's different this time, don't you think?" I asked.

"Yes it does seem to be a little different. But maybe he is still working with Brian," Wilson suggested.

"He didn't show up on the clone phone log," I said.

"Brian could be using other phones. A land line or a second burner," Wilson suggested.

"That is true, so how do we find out?" I asked.

"We know that bugging the apartment and his land line isn't going to work," Wilson said. "Over half this criminal shit is being done by cell phone outside the apartments."

"Yeah and we cloned the phone he has," I said.

"We could clone it again," Wilson suggested.

"Either that or rubber hose it out of him," I said. "I would love to use EZ to infiltrate the two of them, but I don't know that he isn't in on the crap with them. At least the boat part. To be honest, I think no one but the rapist, and the one who doped me knows about the Jefferson Island thing."

"The one who doped you might not know about the date rapes," Wilson said.

"Those are not date rapes, they are pure rape. There was no consent not even questionable consent," I repeated.

"Okay, the Jefferson Island rapes," Wilson replied. " I can find our what kind of car Brian drives and we can tag it. It isn't much but it's a start."

"Do it," I said. "I'll put one on him this afternoon, if we can find him."

It was a few minutes later when Wilson informed me. "Brian doesn't own a car. He lost his driver's license for a DWI last year. He isn't eligible to applied for a reinstatement for a couple of months."

"Now that is going to make it a little harder. He is doing something to get around. So get me his last known address and I'll pay him a visit," I suggested.

"You don't want to do that, he knows you," Wilson said.

"I'm going to document the cars at his house. It's a place to start," I suggested. Wilson nodded his head.

"He lives in a trailer. It is in a park just outside of New Wales," he said.

After giving it a little thought I said to Wilson, "Road trip. It's almost dark, can you make out a license plate in this low light."

"I can if we stop talking about it and go right now." With that he went to our secure storage area for a camera bag. He led the way out the door. Wilson, I was convince, was a frustrated James Bond wannabe. It didn't matter to me, it made him a great partner. If wanting to play super spy got him killed, I could live with it. It would be hard, but he at least had the chance to try it a few times. We drove across a small bridge which crossed a small creek. The creek eventually went into the big river where my barge was moored.

The State road eventually connected to other roads that crisscrossed the state connecting smaller towns to each other. They of course were also crossed by interstate highways. So while the traffic on the road was minimal, there was still some traffic. I turned off onto a county road then finally a private drive leading to the trailer park.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.