Sheriff Porter
Chapter 78

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Before I left their house for the last time, I kissed Jose and his wife Hilda, a very Germanic looking young woman, goodbye. As well as keeping my word to Jose about the sex, I had taken them out to a fancy breakfast at the Georgian Terrace dining room.

After the sloppy goodbye, I put the truck on the road toward home. I had the MoPed scooter loaded into the bed of the small truck. I had some help from Jose in getting it into the bed of the truck. There wasn't a lot of extra room even so I did manage to fit the black plastic trash bag full of dirty clothes beside the scooter. I tied it down to prevent my dirty panties ending up somewhere in north Georgia.

I left after breakfast and got home in time for dinner at the B&B with Wilson. I easily slipped back into the hunt for my serial rapist. I did have to admit the trail was cold, but I was still thinking about it.

"Wilson this hotel and Brian are our only leads. Those only pertain to me, but it's all we have. If we confront him, Brian will just lie. Why should he? since we have no leverage. How about we put one of those cameras I brought back behind the bar. You know just to see who comes in here?"

"They will never agree to that," Wilson said.

"Of course not we won't ask. I don't want them to warn anyone anyway," I explained. "Now that covers the b&b's bar, how do we keep track of Brain?"

"Clone his cell phone of course. I am sure he doesn't have military grade encryption on his phone," Wilson said.

"Shit you mean I have to get close to him with that scanner," I asked.

"It's the only way," Wilson said.

"Shit, I have to do all the nasty shit in this partnership. People run around pointing guns at me and you sit behind a desk," I said.

"Would you like if better if I ran around talking to people and you sat behind the computer desk?" he asked.

"Fuck no," I said. "Find that dick head Brian, and I'll clone his ass."

"Let's just clone his phone and leave his ass alone," Wilson suggested.

"Oh you can count on it," I said.

"How about EZ? What did you decide?" Wilson asked.

"I haven't cleared him yet, but one things has nothing to do with the other. I can use him till I find out who really is guilty." I said.

"Well as soon as we finish here, I'll get onto Brian. I can find out how he spends his time based on his credit card use. We can probably arrange for an accidental meeting with him. Just don't drink anything when he is around." Wilson suggested.

"If I order a coke and need to go to the bathroom, I will take it with me," I said with a laugh.

"That's tomorrow, lets just have a nice dinner and sing some songs," Wilson said.

Wilson was well enough known at the piano bar so that people in the audience asked him to sing. He did a passable Sinatra. I was impressed that he had been working on it, since I last heard him sing. The bar's menu had two sandwiches and a beef stew. I love good beef stew and can even manage the not good ones. Fortunately the B&B had more than just adequate beef stew. The vegetable were very large chunks and were well cooked. That is the secret to a good stew, veggies you actually want to eat. Most of the time they are just fill dirt.

We stayed listening to music and drinking beer till midnight. I didn't feel the beer at all, which was another indication I wasn't imagining things. "So Wilson, how you gonna slip the camera into the joint?" I asked as we hit the parking lot. I think I'll use the air freshener in the wall plug. It worked for you and it should work for me. Especially if I get it in an out of the way one."

"Yeah but angle the lens up. All I got were people's legs and feet." I replied. Unless they were all the way across the room." I said.

"I will have to keep that in mind," Wilson admitted.

We got back to the barge in just a few minutes. It didn't make any difference because we had all the communication necessary with us to do business. Nobody called of course, which was more than alright with me. Since I was tired enough, I slept wonderfully.

I awoke at 6AM and rode the trike around town. It took me an hour to figure out why the trike was more tiring at the coast, than it had been in the mountains. At the coast it was easier pedaling, but you had to do it continuously. In the mountains it was puff like a mother for ten minutes then rest and catch your breath for ten. That short break made all the difference. It was still great exercise and I got to see a lot of the town. I also got to try our a lot of curse words I hadn't used in the mountains.

When I called off the exercise at 8AM, it was just in time to take the call from Martin in the Swamp. "I was going to call you after my shower," I said to him.

"Sylvia I can't smell you over the phone." He did laugh. "I got an offer for you. Would you like to command the church camp?"

"No thanks, I have been busy setting up this new company. We are up and running now, so I think I should stay with it a while longer," I said.

"Sure you don't at least want to think about it a while?" he asked.

"No, I don't. When life gets boring. I will see what you have available then. For now, I'm staying with the things I know how to do best."

"Alright, how about a contract security job? All you have to do is watch a fishing boat unload it's very legal cargo." the colonel asked.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.