Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 76

"So where do we start?" the assistant manager asked.

"To be the least upsetting possible for the guest, with your permission, could I get a name tag as a member of management. After all we don't want a rush for the exits any more than you do." I explained. "It would probably avoid the need for employees to be told of the inspection as well."

"That sounds like an excellent idea. Just let me call the boss to get permission to make you a name tag. Would Tina Timon asst manager be satisfactory?" she asked while holding a cell phone to her ear."

"Of course," I replied. There was nothing like getting the real people involved in the cover story, I thought.

"That was fast," I said when five minutes later the assistant manager named Janet handed me a metal 'pin on' tag with the hotel emblem with my name and title on it.

"We make them right here. So where do we go first?" She asked.

I lifted the black bag a little larger than an old time doctor's bag filled with electronic gadgets. Most of which had a real purpose. It also held a tablet. Since I was a guest it was normal to run through the hotel's wifi system.

I had Wilson online immediately. I turned on the tablet's sound and video conference features. I turned my volume down and plugged in the ear piece. "Let's do a quick walk through of the office," I suggested.

It took only a moment of pointing the box with flashing lights to have Janet in awe of me. Meanwhile I was probing the areas for Wilson to determine where the servers were located, if there were any. There were none at least not on site. There was a control room no bigger than a large janitor's closet. It probably had been a closet before the last renovation. There was a CCTV camera for each floor, two more in the lobby, and finally one on each of the front and back entrances.

"Janet I'm going to piggy back on your system to search for toxic noise pollution. It requires only that I leave this box in the control room. Wilson had bought a ton of this type shit when I gave him the go ahead. He just packed the bag with the shit he thought I would need. He explained the operation of the equipment as if he was talking to his slow ten year old niece. I knew just enough to know where and how to install the junk plus he talked into my ear constantly.

From there we went into the kitchen, where I pointed the flashing light toy at everything in site. I left monitors everywhere. "I just found out that Jing-a-ling is going to be in room 808," Wilson said in my ear. I used the monitor to crack their firewall. I wasn't alone so I couldn't ask. I could only hope Wilson would have told me, if she had anyone else in her party.

I spent the rest of the morning faking inspections and placing bits of plastic with what looked like controls in the other rooms. They actually did nothing and could never withstand a close inspection. We got to 808 late in the afternoon. There I planted real cameras and microphones. I continued putting the bits of plastic in the rooms until we finished the ninth floor.

"Janet, I think we have enough monitors for the primary investigations. I just need to monitor them for a few days. It's to see how the climate might effect the substance, if it is indeed the walls. I'm going to be setting up my monitors. I might have to go back and check one here and there but other wise I am through being obtrusive. I will just be hanging around here and there."

"I understand. I will leave you to it and let me know, if you need anything else," she suggested.

"Just keep housekeeping out of this room till I leave please." I said. Wilson had booked me into a room on the seventh floor which was half way up the fourteen story hotel. It would be easy access to either floor. I would have to run up the stairs one floor if we had a threat.

"Tomorrow I want you to clone her cell phone," Wilson said.

"Wilson almost all the cell phones sold in the USA come from China. I bet you can't clone hers," I said. "I'm putting my money on the GPS target tracking system."

"It's going to be hard there is no automobile, since she is in a limo," Wilson said.

"I'll find somewhere," I said. "Did you get my transport?"

"Yes it's black with a trunk to hold the helmet. The key is with the parking lot attendant he was given twenty bucks and promised twenty more to deliver it safe to you." Wilson explained. I had to trust him, but I would leave an hour early for the airport in case I had to drive the truck. I preferred the transport Wilson had arranged, but I wasn't going to be without a back up plan.

I slept poorly since Wilson called me twice during the night to update me on things that he thought too important to wait. "It seems that jing-a-ling has more enemies than I would have thought possible," he said.

"Well Duh, that's why you hire body guards," I said.

"Well in addition to economic terrorist, and human rights terrorist, there are also members of the communist party, who wouldn't mind seeing her dead. Especially if it embarrassed the us government. I hope you did a good job with those cameras the state department and CIA may sweep the rooms." He said.

"I did what you told me. I plugged the fancy air fresheners into the wall plugs. Even if they find the camera in the heat vent they might miss the microphones," I suggested.

"If they find one they will tear that room apart and you are going to have to make a run for it." he said.

"Then monitor them closely," I suggested. I could only hope that we hadn't left too wide a trail for the feds, if they found things in that room. If they didn't and nothing happened to Jing-a-ling then we were golden. If it went south, at least it wouldn't be a black bag over the head and flight to Cuba for mdy summer vacation.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.