Sheriff Porter
Chapter 70

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

"I'm not looking for a job. I have an idea I want to pitch to you. We can both benefit from it. I really would prefer to pitch it over dinner." He said it smiling his boyish smile of course.

"What time?" I asked. "I know I'm going to regret this maybe not tonight or tomorrow but someday soon and for the rest of my life." I know it was a flagrant violation of some copyright law somewhere, but there it was.

"I'll be by at seven, and trust me you want regret this," he said.

"Yeah, like trust me I won't cum in your mouth," I said with a smile. "You want me to go with you, when you ask my tenant to leave."

"Can't ask him to leave yet. He has to be served with a cease and desist notice. I had to verify that he was sleeping on the boat. Then I have to give him a chance to find a place to live. Then I can toss his ass on a violation of the lease. You don't want to get involved you have money and therefore are a target for lawsuits. That's why people like you contract with people like me. I ain't got shit." Then I'll sit up here with my cell phone to call the Sheriff, if it all goes to shit." I said.

"Hey you can do me a favor, if you aren't busy after you serve you stop the shitting in our porta-potty notice," I said.

"Oh what is that?' he asked.

"I bet you know everyplace around here. I was going to call a Realtor in the morning, but maybe you can ride around with me this afternoon. I'm looking for a piece of land where I can put a glider port." I said.

"I can't think of any right now, but sure I'll ride with you. We can go to dinner from there," EZ said.

"Sure why not. Come on by after you finish your business," I suggested.

It took him about ten minutes to talk to the man. There seemed to be a lot of shouting. When it was over EZ walked up the dock and onto my gangplank. I was glad it hadn't turned violent.

"So you are finished with your business?"

"He promised that he wouldn't be spending any more nights on the boat. I just don't believe him to be honest." EZ said.

"I'll keep an eye out now that I know," I suggested. "So lets go."

We left the parking lot about 3PM. I found EZ to be easy to talk. Maybe it was how he got the nick name, I thought. He also had obviously rehearsed how to pitch his business idea, and wanted to do it over dinner.

It looked as though all the fields were nice and flat around the river basin. We found four that had realty signs on them. "Let me see what my mechanic says about length of runway." I said to EZ. I planned to called up to Hanford Air Service before I did anything. I forgot that it was Sunday. The mechanic wasn't working, but one of the flight instructors was hanging around.

"I just wanted to ask your head mechanic, how much runway I needed for an ultra light?" I asked.

"Those things are pretty much designed for short unimproved runways. Grass strips in other words aren't going to be a problem. They are not easy to control at lower speeds but they really are a lot of fun. They are good for the hobby flier. You need less than a football field to get them up and down I would think." He said.

"Thanks I appreciate it. Your chief mechanic Is supposed to be finding me an enclosed ultralight aircraft. I'll get back with him sometime soon. Thanks tell everyone hello," I said.

"So which one you gonna buy?" he asked.

"Probably the one closest to the Marina," I said. Since the marina wasn't in any prime real estate area. The road was just a broken pavement loop down to it, so the land had been worth very little.

Finally it came time for dinner and we I drove the truck since we were already out looking at land. The place he took me was a frame building which had last been painted when Nixon was the president or even earlier. I expected the fish to be good, since it had the atmosphere of a depression era fish camp.

The food was excellent and the service was good. I think every high school girl within a hundred miles was working there as a waitress. I had the land on my mind, so I wasn't devoting my full attention to EZ until he said, "Okay Sylvia this is what I wanted to talk to you about." With that he laid a auto trader magazine on the table.

"What about it EZ?" I had finished the meal by that time.

"See the picture of that wrecker there," he asked.

"Sure it's a small auto wrecker according to the picture and it is 75K. I wonder what a large new one would be?" I asked.

"Twice that at least," he said.

"Tell me why I would want one of those," I asked.

"You probably wouldn't, but I do. See Sylvia the business I'm in is making a little money now. I can sorta see things picking up, but I need a partner." he said.

"EZ I still don't see where I come into this?" I asked.

"I want you to invest in me. Make me a loan like you did for my uncle. Be my partner and take the money of the company's profits till the truck is paid for." he suggested. "That way your loan is secured and my payment is based on the profit."

"Honey, I was forced to deal with your uncle like that. He had me over a barrel. There is nothing in this deal for me. I have all the money I want, so I'm not going to do it for a few bucks." I said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.