Sheriff Porter
Chapter 65

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Sunday morning passed in a bit of a fog due to the hangover. I remembered bits and pieces. I began to wonder, since I had the memories as if they were someone else's. If Maybe I had been drugged. If I had been drugged could Wilson be part of it. I doubted it since, why would he do it he knew almost no one in New Wales. Not to mention, I would expect the culprit to participate in it.

Drugged or not, Brian was gonna remember me. If I were eighteen, as the drug wore off I would have been conflicted. I might have just been relieved not to be injured when it was over. Since I wasn't eighteen, and it wasn't my first rodeo, I fought through the haze and through the fear. I was past the need to kick the almost child Brian's ass. Since I wasn't a cop any more, I couldn't do anything, but I might drop a dime on his ass before flight school.

"It is time we get involved in the local crime scene," I suggested to Wilson. "I would have you get me a copy of any police report involving date rape. But that would be a waste of time. There most likely wont be any not if Brian ias still free. Unless he didn't usually have the women as cooperative as me. I considered it date rape, but what if it was pure rape. What if say it was a tourist. The kiddie cops on the island could hide the facts, even from police agencies. It could be they didn't want to ruin Jefferson Island's tourist business. In which case Brian, or whoever he got the drug from, had a bloody hunting preserve."

I decided this was a case for Wilson and his computer. Since it had gone on for who knew how long, it could wait till I got back from the flight school.

"Wilson you have a mystery to solve while I'm gone," I went on to explain what had happened. I also explained that there might be a cover up by the Jefferson Island Security Force. or even the New Wales police or maybe even the Sheriff.

"So what I need you to do is to figure out which crimes were most likely to have been an out of town date rape. If some chick filed a report, it has to be in the system. In which case they probably classified it as something else. There was a case, in DC I think, where they were listing non violent rapes, as simple assault. It was to keep the stats artificially low. Tourist you know. They didn't want them to think Washington was becoming Detroit. When is the last time you heard of anyone going sight seeing in Detroit."

"I'll get on it. There is obviously no rush, since you are going to leave me alone with this," Wilson said.

"I am leaving you alone on it because you can do it just as well without me looking over your shoulder, but this is likely to be a long protracted investigation." I said. It was a little depressing to think it might be a cover up.

"You know the beauty of the Internet," Wilson asked.

"No, what is the beauty of the Internet?" I asked.

"It never takes a day off. I can run this as good now, as I could later," Wilson said like a kid with a new toy. Wilson was still playing with the computer, when I left for Hanford. Hanford was a town of about 75,000 people. it was about a four hour drive, if you stopped for a late lunch along the way, which I did of course. I had an urge for southern style barbecue. When I passed a restaurant on the rural state highway, I stopped. I had eaten much better, when I lived in County Seat, I found it better than a that which came from a chain chop shop's super clean kitchen.

"I found a place to stay called Vic's Villas. It was a historic looking tourist court from the forties. It was updated to a bathroom in every unit instead of one in the center of the walk in courtyard. They had resisted the urge to turn the courtyard into a parking lot. It made for short walk, but it added a lot of charm to the place. I found the place thanks to Madison. She noted that I could afford the almost a hundred bucks a night for the little apartment style cabin. Some of the cabins were duplex units, but mine was all one unit. It had a bedroom and a small sitting room with a small dinning table and a combo motel kitchen appliance unit. The combo unit had a sink, stove top over a refrigerator and a microwave above the sink unit. Everything I would need for two weeks, Madison had assured me.

It appeared to be all she promised. I even got to meet Vic and he should have been called Gay Vic. He and Jeremy would be great friends. I wondered it gay men were gravitating to the hotel, motel industry. It would certainly improve the two star motels of the USA. NFL player and most cops might have a problem staying in a gay run motel, but people like me would like to see them displace the Paki models, which had recently taken over the old mom and pop motel industry. Maybe it was time for another change.

Anyway Vic had been very nice when I checked in. He explained that a local restaurant delivered a breakfast sandwich before they opened, so it would be available at 6AM. He promised that the biscuits were very good, so I put in an order for one filled with animal fat for the next morning. Since there was a coffee maker in the room, I made a trip to a local Buyway grocery store for a can of Columbian coffee. The dark roast Columbian almost tasted like day old trucker's coffee. I had learned that from my own on one cup coffee maker at home.

Vic's Villa used a four cup maker but but it was a flash coffee maker. I went to bed Sunday night looking forward to my next great adventure.

Five am came early, but I had gone to bed early, so I was ready for it. I took off from the Villa and ran out to the main road and turned right. I ran all the way to the small grocery and convenience store where I had bought a coffee. I didn't stop to eat since I was promised a biscuit at home. I ran about a half hour out and over a half hour back. I walked the last few yards since I was gasping for air. All day on a trike wasn't enough cardio for a run like that. It was fine for long term fitness, but not good enough for that high exertion activity. That run was what I needed to chase bad guys down the street, not that I planned to do that any more. Besides if I had to chase them more than half a mile let them go, was my attitude.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.