Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 62

That isn't quite true, I got out of the police station without even calling Rita. It was about 3AM when they sprung me. From the police station I drove to the motel. I slept until 10AM. I did not want to leave without getting the results of my talk with Tony. His mom somehow forgot to call me, so I staying in the city until noon. I didn't want to go back to the school, so I just went sightseeing. I hadn't seen the capitol building, since I went on a school field trip in the fifth grade. The building had grown smaller over the years.

I was sitting in a small fast food restaurant near the highway having coffee at noon. Since I hadn't heard, I called the mother. "Hello Mrs. Garcia have you heard from Anthony?" I asked.

"Yes, he called me this morning I was so relived to hear. He told me you found him and insisted he call and explain himself to me personally. I would like to thank you for that," she said.

"Now would you do me a favor and call your ex-husband. Tell him you heard from Anthony. If you do that I can consider this a closed case," I said.

"I have already spoken to him and told him what a fine job you did and so fast," she said.

"Thank you, then I will be heading home," I said. Everyone knows that you have your best chance to solve any case in the first two days. If it goes any longer, you are going to be sifting very poor information hoping for a break. Nothing you are going to do is likely to change the outcome. It will fall in your lap someday, or not. I could think in ten different directions at once, so maybe that was a help in breaking it or maybe not.

Either way I called Wilson. "I'm on my way home. I want you to know, I miss my truck," I said.

"Good, I'm ready to give it back to you. So we found them in Mexico having a wedding." he said.

"Yes, I imagine it will solve everyone's problems. Nobody will recognize the wedding I'm sure, so nobody's fortunes will be effected. That after the initial shock wears off will probably be the real concern," I said.

"I'll be home by 5PM at the latest. How about we go to the Piano bar tonight for dinner?" I asked.

"Well we can go, but I'm not sure how it will play out. By now they probably both know what I have been doing," Wilson said.

"You had to knew they would figure it out sooner or later," I said.

"I hoped, I could pull it off, but yeah I always knew mom would figure it out, or Chrissy would tell," he said.

"Well we can decide when I get home. I wonder, if I should learn to fly?" I asked.

"If you just want to fly a small plane, it wouldn't be hard. However it would be dangerous." Wilson reminded me.

"I'm gonna give that some thought. Seems all my jobs seem to be out of town," I said.

"You know you don't need the money you could say no," Wilson reminded me.

I drove almost four hours to get home. A lot of it was because I just wan't in any hurry. I was waiting to hear from my so called friend in Miami. If he didn't call I would never bother him, but I felt like he would call.

I arrive in New Wales at 5PM and I was back in my barge house in fifteen minutes. I found Wilson in the office checking out the computer. "I got a new program. I put in our name and wait to see what is happening anywhere in the world, that have anything to do with us."

"Gee Wilson, that must really be not at all interesting," I said with a laugh.

"Would it be more interesting, if I told you I have fine tuned it so that any communication from, or to the SBI or FBI is the only things that pops up?" he asked.

"Okay, that might be of some interest," I replied.

"The FBI field office for this area has a program that reports terrorist, guy on the most wanted list like the KKK and the like. Guess who else is on their list for a copy of everything they can find?" Wilson asked.

"Why would they want my communications," I said knowing it was a trick question.

"Because you are one of a hand full of people who know they want to nationalize law enforcement. They are just waiting for you to go into politics or some such nonsense," Wilson said.

"Well they got one hell of a long wait," I replied.

"Yeah, but they don't know that. Meantime be careful what you say on line or on the cell phone," Wilson said.

"You are going to find us a way around it aren't you," I asked.

"Oh yes you and I can communicate just fine. It's when you have to call anyone else. Or they call you, like your friend in Miami. They know he called you and what you did for him," Wilson advised me.

"I don't like that much, but there was nothing illegal about it," I said.

"You don't have to convince me," Wilson said.

"Good, you better not come up with that holy than thou shit. You who is screwing whole families," I said with a laugh.

"What are you jealous now," Wilson said.

"Wilson even if you were not a disgusting old man, I do not screw people who work for me. That is true regardless of what you hear in County Seat," I said.

"Well they though you hired Osborn just so you could fuck her. Everybody knows you always wanted to when you were the Sheriff. If you hadn't been her boss you would have. She was all hot for you," Wilson commented.

"Wilson that's what I meant when I call you a disgusting old man. Nobody ever thought I was trying to screw Osborn," I said in defense of myself.

"Not till you moved her into your house," Wilson said. "Tell me the truth did you ever see her naked."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.