Sheriff Porter
Chapter 48

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Back in the motel we took turns in the shower. I wore a pair of jeans and a while tee shirt with a OD fatigue jacker over it. Only because it was available. It was also fun to poke a little fun at myself. It was laughable because it still had the sheriff name tape sewn over the pocket.

Osborn wore tight jeans and tight too tee shirt belonging to me. She obviously wore a push up bra because she had more breasts than usual even. She fixed her hair in a girl next door look. She somehow managed a sexy yet wholesome girl next door image. She wore a very cute denim jacket.

"You packing?" I asked. "Cause you are definitely going to have to defend yourself."

"My god boss is that a compliment?" she asked.

"Of course it is. So are you?" I asked.

"I picked up one of those 9mm derringers at the gun store in Dobson, when I bought the Glock." she explained. "I had to find it in all those boxes from County Seat. That's why I took yours last night. I was too pissed off last night to look for it. Anyway, I am packing," She explained.

"I am not going to ask you where it is in those tight jeans and even tighter top," I said with a laugh.

"It's in my clutch," she said showing me the tiny bag. It was like the one we found at her first murder scene.

"Well keep it handy in that outfit," I said.

"You think the outfit is too sexy, but there is no such thing," she informed me.

"Well, not when you are twenty five anyway," I replied.

We left just in time to make the 7PM meeting. I would have made it much sooner but Osborn was on of those people who was fashionably late. It was just a habitual thing with her.

"My don't you two look beautiful. I can tell I'm going to be the envy of all the men here," he said.

"Isn't he just the cutest thing," Osborn said.

"The absolute cutest," I replied. I doubted they could notice the sarcasm in my voice. I have always been able to hide it when I wish. The punk kid was right about one thing. The seafood was very good. Oh yeah and the men did check out Osborn. She didn't give anyone of them any encouragement and I found that very encouraging.

When I returned for a trip to the ladies room at the end of dinner, Osborn said. "Ron and I are going dancing would you like to come along?"

"No, I think I will make a few calls I have been putting off. You two go on along and have fun." I had learned enough over dinner so that if I needed to, I could run him down. I insisted on picking up the bill, but I did let him leave the tip.

I drove home without Osborn. I was surprised how quickly I had gotten used to her company. Back in the room I drank coffee and looked at the bay view. I was treated to the sight of the lights on the fishing and tug boats as they came in. I was thoroughly loving the view. I began thinking I should have bought the bates motel here rather than the barge.

"Hey there," I said when The Brit answer the phone at the pub.

"Why the hell aren't you out breaking hearts?" he asked.

"I'm leaving that to Osborn. She is so much better at it than me," I said. "Have you seen that girl after her two years in the department. She has a great figure and a pretty good sense of style."

"That wasn't her time on the department. That was her time hanging out with you," The Brit informed me.

"I hope not. She has the morals of a dog in heat," I said.

"Need I remind you of your video history," The Brit said. "Not to mention your choice of friends."

"Okay, you got me there," I said.

"Yes I do," he said. "So what progress have you made. Jeremy is dying to know every little detail."

"Well so far we found a motel to stay in till we get the barge ready. That's really about it. I do have a beautiful view of the bay from the motel window," I said.

"Give me the name of the town and the name of the motel. Jeremy is going to want to research them both." The Brit said.

After I gave him that info I promised to make pictures of everything with the cell phone. "I can email you the pictures every night." I said.

"Jeremy would love that. He is convinced you will have the best place in the world," The Brit said laughing.

"Does he know I would trade places with him any fucking day of the week," I said. I waited and The Brit didn't answer so I added, "Just sayin',"

"Thanks, but it is never going to happen," The Brit said.

"And that's why I moved the operation to the coast," I said. I waited a second and when he didn't respond I said, "Hey I got to go. Take care."

Next I called Liam. He wasn't near his phone, so I left word for him to call me before bedtime. I checked my messages on the computer as well. I didn't want to work, but I also didn't want to let anything interesting slip by. I knew the Barge wasn't going to be anything I could be involved with for too long. I mean the most adrenaline pumping thing would be if I fell overboard.

At 11PM I slipped between the sheets. Within two minutes I was asleep. I heard the door rattle, so I looked up to see Osborn come through the door. The clock from the box house sitting by my bed read 3AM. I rolled away from the light and drifted back to sleep.

I was up at six the next morning and out the door by 6:15AM. I ran alone since Osborn was still in the bed. There was nothing for her to do so there was no reason for her to get out of bed at six am. I got back to the motel at 7:30 AM and into the room five minutes later. I took a shower and dressed not being particularly quiet about it.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.