Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 43

I called Tomas the night before and he came over to add the two eight foot poles across the room. When he was finished, I had a room that was twenty feet by eight feet. It had a pole at the end where I hung my clothes. I also had a small chest of drawers that sat under the pole. It shortening the closet by about two feet. But the six foot high bar with a shelf above had more than enough room.

Tomas's minor renovation left Osborn with exactly the same space. She seemed quite satisfied with that space. She used her packing boxes as a dresser under the clothes bar. I could remember the garage apartment, and there was very little difference in the bedroom.

Osborn and I had been up and running at first light. We got the run then went home to shower. We managed all that before our meet with Tomas. After he finished the two poles, we took my truck and went to Jeremy's gallery.

"Jeremy you remember Osborn here. She has decided to come to work for me." I said.

"Good for you both," Jeremy said. "I don't suppose you will be interested in your gallery space any longer."

"To be honest hon I hadn't even considered what to do about it. Have you got a chest of drawers for Osborn here?" I asked.

"Of course I do. Come along child," he said leading her upstairs to the furniture gallery. "I could hear voices coming from them but I tried not to listen. Then they started to giggle and I began to worry.

"Well we found something, but it will take all of us to move it," Jeremy said.

"Only if you tell me what all the giggling was about," I demanded.

"Then I guess we shall have to manage alone," Osborn said and immediately she and Jeremy began to giggle again.

"Alright you two win," I said as I went upstairs. Jeremy carried the empty drawers down stair while Osborn and I struggled with the bones of the 1930 style chest of drawers. It was similar to my own chest but shorter. Mine was four drawers hers was only three. It was almost a foot shorter than mine as well. It was mahogany though so it matched.

We took the opportunity to stop at Reggie for a workout. Since we both wore sweat suits it was obvious that we had expected to stop there. We beat on the bags for an hour then left.

"So Osborn you get a full vote as to where we put the investigative business. So where do you vote?" I asked.

"It's only been one day, why don't we wait a week then discuss this," she suggested.

"Why don't we start kicking around ideas then decided next week, or later," I suggested.

"Okay, there will be more to see and do in other states," Osborn said stating the obvious.

"Agreed but I really like living in this state. Hell I like living here, but the winters are too cold for a skinny bitch," I said. "How about somewhere on the coast."

"That is the second time you have mention the coast. I think you are getting yourself locked into the beach scene. Is there any reason we can't go down there and visit for a while before we decide?" She asked.

"Actually that is a first class idea. We have to be here till Friday for the big lottery drawing and then the money will be transferred to my bank. You have to agree to never tell anyone. Not that it makes any difference to us, if the people know. Rita has sat up an irrevocable trust to dispense the money for ten years." I might get sued, but they most likely would be too ashamed to sue. Nonetheless I am going to stand in front of the lotto sign holding a giant check for fifteen million."

"So you are taking it all at once?" she asked looking confused.

"Well kinda the lotto people will deposit fifteen million in a trust. The trust will then transfer five million into my bank account. I will sign over a check for one million for attorney fees which are somehow tax deductible under the trust agreement. Then the trust will withdraw the first year's taxes on four million dollars of unearned income. Believe it or not that is almost two million. The trust is supposed to somehow work out a lower tax rate then return whatever part of the two million they can save me. These guys managing the trust are supposed to be the best.

"The checks are supposed to come rolling in one a month. I am to decide how much I want to roll back into the trust but frankly that's just too much bullshit for me. The trust officer is to keep a minimum of 50k in my bank at all times. That's all I really care about. If I want to buy a house or a car I send them the details and they put the money in the account. That is all except the first to million I am going to just fucking play with."

It all sounded good, but not trusting anyone completely was how I had stayed alive so far. I intended that it stay that way. I paid the geek's financial geek to keep an eye on the administrator of my trust.

The Geek's Geek ran a consulting company to do just that one thing. He set tag, gates and computer dead falls in place to warn him, when anything out of the ordinary happened with my trust. It was a double blind system that I had to rely on till I acquired a better understand of all that money crap. All that was for later, for the time being it was just try to enjoy the two million.

To be honest I didn't really understand any of it. I just trusted the people I trusted. I made sure that they all knew 'they didn't want to fuck me'. Failure was acceptable once screwing me was never acceptable.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.