Sheriff Porter
Chapter 34

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

She pumped The Brit for information, but just as I expected his answers were mostly fiction. "You did know that Sylvia did a bit as a body guard for a rap singer one summer. She and I met during that time. Yes I was sort of a mentor for her."

"What crap, I worked for the singer but The Brit worked for another branch of the security company as I remember it he was a bank guard." I explained joining in the lie.

"Armored truck driver," he said with a twinkle in his eye. I was a little surprised and what an accomplished liar he was.

"Other people wandered in and out who had known me from the old days. She interviewed them. "So what's it like to be working for a deputy, you helped to break in," she asked one of the old timers.

"I thought it would be terrible, but she really hasn't done much I could complain about. She approves all over time, so there is no routine overtime, but that's as it should be. I'm a tax payer to you know," the old timer replied.

God he is good, I thought. She did all her interviews in the pub then it was well after 6PM before she knew it. "Okay. you are off duty one real drink, then we are off," I demanded. Just then Dog start to whine to be walked.

"Oh Crap," I said putting on his rope from the Dogman. I took him out with a plastic grocery bag in hand. I walked Dog in the tiny park across from the courthouse. When he did his thing, I picked it up with the plastic bag covering my hand, then turned the bag inside out. When we got back I washed my hand twice in the lady's room.

"Why does dog crap smell so fucking bad?" I asked no one in particular. No one had an answer, so Wendy and I left. "We went outside where Wendy climbed into the TV station's station wagon. She left with just a nod and a handshake, since no one knew she was a woman with lesbian tendencies.

After that night things turned deadly, deadly boring that was. Domestic calls, minor break ins, fights now and then on a Saturday night. We even had a man with a gun call every once in while. Nothing of any real importance or any fun at all. It took two years for me to remember why I jumped at the at the state department of justice undercover gig.

I was wondering how I could jump ship before my term was up, when something finally happened. I got a tip about a farmer who had suddenly taken and interest in raising dogs. Pit Bulls were his breed of choice according to the caller.

The caller said he wouldn't have noticed, but as many as fifty cars at a time had been seen on some Saturday afternoons. Eddie and I sat down to discuss it the next day. "Eddie the tipster implied he was fighting those dogs. If he is, we are going to put a stop to it. I want to catch him and every son of a bitch who is there watching."

"We are going to need some help. I don't even know how you go about capturing a hundred men," he said.

"Let me make a call," I said with a smile.

"You and those fucking phone calls to nobody," he said.

I dialed the number then said, " Liam, how many hard bodied men do you have willing to be deputies for a day?' I asked. "It would be a good training exercise for them."

"Oh what do you have for them to do?" he asked.

"Infiltrate through the woods attack a dog fight ring. I plan to capture up to a hundred men. A few of them may even be armed." I said.

"Rules of engagement?" he asked.

"I expect the organizers might be armed and resist. The audience for the most part will be peaceful, but trying to run. If the organizers point a gun at you or my men, then it is a live fire operation. Otherwise it's a peaceful arrest. I wouldn't be too upset by a broken arm or nose though," I said. "But it has to be in self defense."

"I knew the Colonel was right about you. Give me a few minutes to check with Martin and I'll be back with you. We do get sworn in this time before the fact?" he asked.

"Of course there will be time to do that," I said. "How many can you bring to the party," I asked.

"Well counting trainees and permanent party about fifteen," Liam said.

"Get the okay and I'll let you get to the operational planning, but remember my detective has to be in charge, sort of." I made damn sure Simpson overheard. I didn't want him playing whose is bigger with the big boys.

"Right you are, can we fly a drone over the operation field?" he asked.

"You can do whatever you need to do to maximize results and Minimize casualties. Remember I'm going to drop in with about ten guys to block the bad guys retreat. They won't be able to drive out or get to their cars and we will make the arrests. Well officially anyway."

"I got if and if anyone asks we are special deputies," he said. "What a great training opportunity this will be, maybe live fire but mostly capture and contain. Great."

He called back with a go order from the Colonel. "Okay you make the plan and keep an eye on the place," I suggested.

"We want to do the infiltrations whether he has an operation this weekend or not. We will keep doing them till he does. When he does we can call you and before they shut it down you should be able to put your men on the ground headed up that road. We will take care of the rest, and no I don't have the details yet. Come on out Thursday night and we will have a plan to lay out for you."

"Liam be careful," I suggested.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.