Sheriff Porter
Chapter 21

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Kara began talking, but I didn't believe a word she said. "Yeah I recognized the guy the girl in the picture left with, but believe me she didn't look like that. She looked like a hooker."

"How did you recognize the guy," Eddie asked her.

"We was one of my customers for a while, but he got tired of me and moved on." she said.

"So what was his name," Eddie asked.

"Man, I don't know," she said.

I sat in the corner of the interview room. It was a big room. The lights were off in my half of the room. The only light illuminated the table where Kara sat. "I don't believe you. There is going to be no deal for you. You haven't given me anything. I'm going to hit you with the load, just like the Sheriff said."

"I know who the Sheriff's friends are no matter how much she bluffs she is not going to want it to come out." Kara said.

"Well number one, we are going to work on the the Lucy Martinez case first. Then you if have an accusation to make against the Sheriff, she has authorized me to take it. Hell you could make it to the SBI. They have a vendetta with her. They would love to hear it, but you better be able to prove it.

Now back to the here and now, you better give me something, cause I know that you know more than you are telling. I'm going to charge you with prostitution. We have the club manager's records and his computer, which he didn't have time to clean. He had very good records like maybe he worked for somebody else, but that is the SBI's problem. I want to know about Lucy Martinez. The deal is off the table, if you were a part of it and I think you were."

"Somebody is going to give this john up. It might as well be you," Eddie finally said as he stood to leave. He might or might not have gone back at her again.

I walked to the table where she set. I had watched her demeanor closer that Eddie had. She didn't give up the John because once we talked to him, we would rule him out. He would point us back to her. "Why did you do it Kara?" I asked.

"Do what?" she asked.

"Strangle that little girl. She was no match for you. You could have taught her a lesson without killing her. Why in the name of God did you bring her to my jurisdiction to kill?" I asked. "Sweetie once I know who did it, proving it is easy. A bit of DNA a tire track, someone who saw you leave the club and go after the two of them."

"They chose the place not me. If she had taken him to the men's room like we usually do it would have never happened. That bitch left with him. I thought they were going to a motel room, but the went to the empty factory, why I don't know. When she finished getting him off, he left her. I did her in that little building, but I carried the body into the big one. I wrapped her head in the shirt and beat her with the baseball bat. I guess I hoped you wouldn't be able to Identify her."

"Why," I asked.

"I read somewhere about a case up around here where the guy did that. I thought it might confuse you for a while. I knew once you tagged her as a hooker, it was just a matter of time before you traced her to the club. Then you would probably know it was me. How did you know, I was more than a witness?" she asked.

"Kara, it just fitted you. When you wouldn't give up the John, I knew better than to believe you didn't know him. The only reason you wouldn't give him up is it would lead right back to you. Did he see you?" I asked.

"He might have. I couldn't risk him telling to save his own ass. I at least needed time to go talk to him myself. If I were just free for a half a day, I could have cleaned up the loose ends."

"I'm sorry, I'll tell the DA you cooperated." I said.

"You know the SBI is looking to hang something on you. I'm not talking, but someone might," she said.

"You could probably still make a deal with the SBI to be a states Witness and get a better deal," I suggested.

"The Miami Mafia has long arms Sylvia. They have more women in prison than the SBI has agents. I do my time as a stand up bitch, and it goes easier on me overall. Get that pip squeak back in here with his recorder I'll tell it all."

"Did you really care about that guy?" I said.

"He was a nice enough guy, but doing her was strictly business," she said.

"Kara who's idea was it to send Jamison the Message," I asked.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"If it was strictly business, then this all had to be about Jamison," I said.

"I don't know what you are talking about," she said.

I called Eddie back after I sent Kara to lockup. "Eddie here is what my take is. "Kara is ready to cop to the killing. We are not going to know what is going on till someone brings us Jamison. That is, if he is still alive."

"Look at it this way Sheriff. We are going to clear this case and prevent more kids from drifting into the life."

"Yeah, but do you think we are going to prevent them give blow jobs at thirteen," I asked.

"Probably not, but there is one cheerleader who won't be holding in anymore classes in deep throat," he said with a smile.

"Well it sure wasn't what I expected, but I guess it never is," I said.

"Well it almost never is," Eddie said. "You know my wife wanted to have to you to dinner, but I told her it wouldn't look right to the other deputies."

"Yeah you are right, but if you come to The Brit's pub, I would be happy to buy you guys dinner, once," I said smiling.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.