Pippa
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Tedbiker

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Serendipity is once more the setting for adventure and love, as Philippa Henderson is treated to a sailing holiday by her father. An abducted Russian orphan is rescued and we meet several old friends.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Charles Collins ... CC ... looked young. Which is not surprising because, at nearly nineteen, he was. At an even six feet tall, he also looked slim, which was a little deceptive. After spending much of his life in outdoor activities – walking, climbing and sailing – he was actually both fit and tough. He had, briefly, tried to grow a beard to try to look older, but his facial hair was so fine and slow-growing he'd given up. He had medium brown hair, an angular face, and eyes that were sometimes grey and sometimes pale blue.

He was attractive to his female peers, but seemed not to realise it and really only interacted with women – of any age – who shared his interests. Such interactions were amicable but businesslike. Which is not to say he wasn't interested in the opposite sex; he just didn't know how to approach them romantically. Which was the source of some difficulty for him just at that moment.

He'd been asked to back up Cherry Thornton, who was to skipper a charter. Actually, asked isn't quite the right word. Ordered would be closer, though the 'request' was put in a polite form. Now it wasn't that he didn't want to spend time in close proximity to Cherry. Quite the opposite. Having lusted after her without plucking up the courage to ask for a date, for two years, his feelings combined anticipation, frustration, excitement and acute anxiety in equal measure. So he was quite ambivalent as he packed his dunnage, in late July, to leave SB Repertor in favour of the yacht Serendipity.

Cherry was not unaware of CC's interest. Had he asked, she would probably have agreed to a date; she liked and respected him. However, she had no intention of forming any romantic attachments for the moment as she had no intention of ending her relationship of almost four years with her father. It was most satisfactory for her and, she felt, important for her lover. (If you need the background, read 'Linnet' for the explanation.)

Pippa Henderson was riding with her parents from Brentford to Maldon. She was nervous. Most people wouldn't have noticed as she was always quiet, but her mother could tell.

"Are you sure you want to do this, dear?"

Pippa gritted her teeth. "Yes, mother."

Her father broke in. "It will be good for her. Dennis Thornton's a good chap and I'm impressed with his daughter. She'll be fine."

"It's not Cherry Thornton I'm worried about."

"Mother! I'll be fine."

Her father carefully negotiated the short, steep hill by the pub to the Hythe, turned right breathing a sigh of relief when he didn't meet anything going the other way, then turned on to the quay by the River Bailiff's shed. He let the car trickle along at idle, pedestrians reluctantly letting them through, and stopped at the end as close to Serendipity as he could get.

Pippa hopped out and went immediately to the boot for her dunnage (correcting herself when she initially thought of it as 'luggage'.) Her father took the heavier of two kit-bags from her.

"I can manage," she said, a little tensely.

"I know you could," he said seriously, "but ... let me help, please."

Pippa was quite thankful for the help, though, as they carefully made their way along the plank to get aboard. The hatch into the cabin was open, though there was no-one around, and they dumped her kit in the saloon. Pippa kissed her father on the cheek. "Thanks Dad. I need to do this, you know. Go and have some lunch with Mummy. There are some good restaurants in the High Street, or so I'm told. I will be okay."

"I know, baby," he said quietly, "and next year you'll be away from home at Uni. But this is supposed to be a holiday, a treat. If you really don't like it, call and I'll fetch you."

"Go, Daddy," she answered, but she was smiling as she gave him a gentle push towards the hatch. He kissed her forehead, turned and made himself walk away. Pippa decided to have a look around the boat, her home for the next two weeks unless she chickened out. Despite her determination, that was very tempting.

The boat was very cleverly arranged. At the front... forward ... she told herself sternly ... there was a cabin with a double bunk. Doors around the cabin clearly concealed storage; she opened one and was confronted with a large, grubby, stiff fabric bag. 'Sail bag, ' she told herself. Panels under the bunk covered oddly shaped drawers, which were empty. She retreated from the cabin and found two small rooms, each with a small hand-basin and a toilet; 'heads', she thought, 'But why two? Different? That one has those valves and that lever... ' Opposite, a smaller cabin contained two single bunks, one above the other. With a cupboard; 'locker' she corrected herself. There was very little room; two people would struggle to dress at the same time.

Back in the saloon – a larger space than might be expected – she looked round. Bench seats on two sides, a folding table. Small sink, cooker, and a small work-top. Storage cupboards... lockers... under the seats and just high enough above them to clear someone's head ... if they were not too tall ... when sitting. Inside the entry, an open cupboard containing water-proofs; next to that a small table with various instruments mounted over it. She recognised the aneroid barometer and chronometer ... that must be the VHF radio ... echo-sounder? GPS?

She heard footsteps on the plank and went to the hatch. She saw a tall, slim, brown-haired young man step down into the cockpit and her anxiety peaked. "H ... hello?" She had forgotten what CC looked like, having been too nervous to really think about him, but right then she had no distractions other than her angst and something stirred in her.

"Hello, Pippa ... that's okay, isn't it? You don't mind me calling you that?"

"Oh ... no ... that's fine ... I mean..." she stumbled over her words and blushed; aware of that, she became even more embarrassed.

CC watched her reddening. Bashful himself, he knew how uncomfortable it was to face a new person in a new situation and his heart went out to her. "Are you hungry?"

"I..."

"Cherry apologises she wasn't here to meet you, but asked me to make sure you got something to eat."

Pippa couldn't, somehow, get words out. It was probably the first time a young man had said more than a couple of words to her; the first time she'd had to communicate outside of the classroom.

"There's bread and stuff here ... we could get a pub lunch, or we could walk along and get a burger or a hot dog and some chips?"

Pippa almost gasped out 'Sandwiches, here... '. However, her confusion delayed her long enough that her mind kicked in. 'This whole business is partly to break out of my ... I don't know ... I'm trapped, or ... I was trapped and I have this opportunity to escape ... or something.'

CC almost opened his mouth to say something more; perhaps to take the initiative and just tell her what they would do, but he saw her expression change and paused.

"Burger," she got out. "At least ... if you don't mind being seen with a fat, spotty teenage girl."

"You're not fat," his response was automatic, rather than reasoned, but later he was to think it was perfect. "Neither are you particularly spotty. I get spots too. And I'm a teenager as well." He paused, looking at her seriously for the first time. "Actually, I think I'd like to be seen with you."

His intent regard made her blush again, but she managed to say, "Let's go, then."

Either or both of them might have been uncomfortable. Pippa, at first, didn't know what to say and felt awkward. CC was surprised at how comfortable he felt with this girl. He chatted away, talking about the town and the river, characters and boats. She slowly began to respond and they found they had quite a lot in common, at least in the way of interests. As they were passing the lake, Pippa asked about a strange piping sound, almost like laughter.

"Little Grebe," CC told her, "Dabchick." He pointed out the small, dark-coloured water-bird that seemed to spend more time under the water than on it as they walked towards the refreshment kiosks.

"I don't know much about sea-birds," she commented, "but I like to watch the birds in our garden."

"I didn't until I got involved with the boats," CC told her, pulling a small book out of his pocket, "so I carry this around with me. I've got so I can identify most birds I see here."

They bought burgers, chips and coffee, and sat at a picnic bench to eat. Pippa perused the little book about birds, while CC perused his companion. 'Weird. Cherry is gorgeous, with that hair and perfect figure, but I can't seem to talk to her except about practical things. I daren't ask her for a date. But I'm really enjoying this time with Pippa. She's not really over-weight, just ... sort of soft, somehow. Actually, she's quite pretty. And ... easy to talk to. Fun. I think I might like to kiss her.'

Food eaten, coffee drunk (followed by Seven-Up and Fanta) and Pippa absently commented that an ice-cream would go down well. CC agreed with alacrity and, having obtained their preference in chilled confectionery, they were in no hurry to get back to the yacht and meandered along the prom past the playground. Somehow, they were chatting so easily they were hardly aware of time passing.

Cherry Thornton, having finished the discussion she was having with Phil Morton of Topsail Charters, about her prospects of making Skipper – Barge-Master – at the next Board, returned to Serendipity. She saw Pippa's dunnage in the saloon, but there was no sign of her, or CC. She smiled a little to herself and set off to see if she could find them. As luck would have it, she was passing the sand-pit in in front of a kiosk when she saw them ambling along the prom. They were obviously engrossed in each other and quite close together. Her slight smile became a grin. 'Well, well, well. I didn't expect that. I wonder whether something like that was at the back of her mind as she asked for this holiday? I suppose I'll need to ensure ... or perhaps ... No. I'll just keep an eye on things. The girl needs some confidence and a bit of holiday romance might fill the bill. CC is a good sort. I don't think he'd love her and leave her.'

She cut through between the shed and the public toilet, paused to let the couple come into sight, then quietly followed them. Pippa was clearly animated, supplementing her words with expansive gestures. As they passed the Cook's Yard shed, Cherry schooled her face to subdue her smile, took several faster steps and, when she was a yard behind them, spoke. "CC ... I thought you were going to talk Pippa through the strings."

CC jerked and Pippa's arm hit his face.

"Oh! CC, I'm sorry... " Her expression was horrified and he ... and Cherry ... thought for a moment she was going to cry.

He caught and gently held her hands. "Hey, Pippa, no damage done. It's okay, an accident. If anything, it was Cherry's fault." He glared accusingly at Cherry.

"Very true. Sorry, both of you. But CC, I did think you were going to give Pippa the guided tour..."

"Well, Pippa had had a look round, and it was lunch time, and we went for burgers..."

That had been about three hours previously, but Cherry relented, not wanting to further diminish the pleasure Pippa had obviously been enjoying in CC's company.

"Never mind. I'm glad to see you getting along so well. But it would probably be as well to get back to Serendipity. There's a decent wind for getting away on the tide this evening and we'd better take advantage of it, don't you think?"

Pippa and CC looked at each other and Pippa blushed. Cherry laid a hand on her arm. "We don't have to leave this evening if you want to relax and find your way round the boat, but the best – the only – way to learn is on the water."

Pippa nodded. "No, that's fine. That's why I'm here. But CC and I got talking and ... somehow the time just slipped away. I want to learn, really."

Cherry nodded in her turn. "I'm going back to the boat, now. There's really no enormous rush, but ... come along." She then walked away.

Pippa and CC followed, faster than they had been, though not as quickly as Cherry.

"She's very pretty," Pippa commented, with more than a little envy in her tone.

"She is," CC agreed. "Good sailor, too. But you're pretty, too, and I can talk to you. With Cherry, I'm okay if we're dealing with the boat, but the moment I try to have a normal conversation with her I get all tongue-tied."

"Oh..."

They picked their way along the quay, stepping over chains linked to iron rings through staples bedded in the concrete (for mooring lines), skirting assorted equipment and dodging tourists. A small dog ran between them, pursued by a child of maybe eight years, his mother shouting to him to be careful. Pippa and CC parted, momentarily, avoiding possible bruises as the child hurtled past, but were drawn back together immediately.

The child's mother, hurrying after her charge, apologised briefly in passing but probably didn't notice the smile and slight shake of the head CC gave her.

Cherry, having arrived at Serendipity, looked back. She could see Pippa and CC; they weren't exactly dawdling ... She sighed, shook her head, and turned away. As she wondered whether she was going to have a problem with Pippa and her crewman, her left hand absently stroked the wheel. That action distracted her as she remembered her first time on board that same vessel and, quite consciously, relaxed. 'It will work out, ' she told herself.

Pippa and CC arrived on board as the rising tide crept towards the boat sitting in the mud.

"Sorry – we're rather late, aren't we?" CC was apologetic.

Cherry raised an eyebrow and looked at Pippa. "Had a nice walk?"

Pippa nodded. "CC ... looked after me very well."

Cherry hid a smile. "That's the important thing ... for you to enjoy yourself. In that connection, have you used any sun-screen? You won't be enjoying much if your fair skin burns."

Pippa flushed. "I didn't think of it."

"The sun isn't very hot today with the cloud-cover, but there's sun-screen by the nav-table. I'd recommend you use it as it's particularly easy to burn when you're on the water. You don't notice the heat until it's too late. But why don't we take a tour of the deck and see how much you know or can work out?"

Cherry was impressed by Pippa's theoretical knowledge but very aware there was a huge gap between knowing and doing. As the boat began to respond to the rising water, she called a halt and they all went below to eat.

Pippa wasn't too impressed when she saw the meal; smoked herring, potato salad, coleslaw, lettuce, tomato ... the usual sort of thing for a light summer meal, but she didn't say anything and in fact was surprised to find the combination of tastes quite satisfying. When, not too much later, Cherry announced it was time to start getting under way, Pippa found she was no longer hungry.

On deck, Cherry had her hoist the mizzen whilst CC dealt with the mainsail. One of the gaps between 'knowing' and 'doing' was the technique (known as 'swigging) for getting the sail up that last inch or so, but Pippa caught on quickly.

With the wind off the quay, Cherry waited until the tide was almost slack and had Pippa at the wheel as CC pushed off with a boat hook. Serendipity slid backwards into the fairway and she said quietly in Pippa's ear, "Starboard wheel".

As Pippa obeyed, Cherry released the staysail furling line and sheeted in; Serendipity heeled a little and began to move. Cherry opened her mouth to speak, but Pippa was already reversing the helm, so what came out was, "Well done, Pippa."

Pippa smiled without taking her eyes off where they were heading. "I'm shaking like a leaf."

"You're doing very well."

Pippa was concentrating desperately, and very tense, so she wasn't really aware of Cherry waving in response to waves and hails from the barges as they passed; she saw, without really registering, CC pausing in removing fenders to wave also, then they were turning to follow the line of the prom. It wasn't so different from driving a car, but Pippa was too new to driving for the comparison to be much of a comfort.

"Relax," Cherry told her, quietly. "It's supposed to be fun. The worst thing that could happen is we touch the mud and that wouldn't be the end of the world."

"Oh ... okay..." Pippa's voice wasn't very steady, though.

Cherry had CC take the wheel as they passed the statue at the end of the prom. "You know how sails work?" she asked Pippa.

"Like an aeroplane wing..."

"Exactly. The trick is getting the angle exactly right, so you get the maximum drive with the minimum drag. The keel stops the boat sliding sideways, but obviously the sideways component of the force pushes the boat over, so that's another consideration..." she turned to CC, "We'll cut the corner a bit, CC. Turn inside that buoy, please."

"Aye, aye, Skipper."

"Oh, I like that, CC." She turned back to Pippa. "We'll be coming to the wind as we turn by that buoy..."

"So, we need to... sheet in?"

"Exactly." Cherry showed her how to use the winch to harden in the staysail, the mainsail and mizzen having tackle to reduce the pull necessary on the sheets. Serendipity heeled a little more and Pippa could hear a louder chuckle from the water under the forefoot. "I don't think we're going to quite make good a course to clear that point, so we'll need to tack just before we get there," Cherry went on.

The tack was straightforward, the only attention apart from the wheel being to the staysail. Pippa was a little puzzled by the words CC used and Cherry saw it.

"'Ready about'," Cherry told her, "is just a formal check that the crew is ready for the manoeuvre. 'Lee-oh' is old, dating from way back, telling everyone the helm – originally a tiller, you see – is being turned away from the wind so the ship turns into the wind. Of course with a wheel, you turn the wheel towards the wind to tack."

Clearing the point, they had to gybe and Cherry demonstrated how to sheet in then allow the sail to set right out as they 'ran' downwind past Heybridge. "Don't just let the sheet run through your hands. You'll burn your skin and lose control of the sail. Next turn, you do it."

By the time Serendipity had reached Mersea Quarters, where Cherry had planned to anchor for the night, Pippa had experienced helming the boat through tacking and gybing and had an at least superficial grasp of sail-setting. The fresh air, unfamiliar setting, tension and the learning combined to make her very grateful to sit in the saloon with Cherry and CC, to drink a mug of cocoa and welcome the idea of bed. For once, she was asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow, and she slept soundly, deeply content.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.