Lady in Red, Book 1 (The Rise of the Queen) - Cover

Lady in Red, Book 1 (The Rise of the Queen)

Copyright© 2013 by Harddaysknight

Chapter 17

School was scheduled to reopen Wednesday morning, one week after the attack. Steve had managed to cut off his bandages by himself that morning and limped to the shower to prepare for the day. He was doing his best to soap up his upper body when he felt hands stroking his back! He swung around in surprise to find a naked Gwen standing behind him.

Trying to remain cool, he slowly ran his gaze over Gwen's body. His eyes lingered on the Y created where her long legs came together. Then he moved on to enjoy her full breasts and hard nipples.

"Do I look okay? I'm pretty nervous about you seeing me like this," admitted Gwen. "Am I too heavy or something?"

"You're incredible! I can't believe how beautiful you are, Gwen. Your body is perfect!"

"Thanks! The nice thing about us being naked is that I can actually see how much you appreciate looking at me. It looks like Little Steve enjoys the view. He's looking right at me!" laughed Gwen as she began soaping Steve's shoulders and chest.

The shower lasted until the hot water ran out. Steve and Gwen washed each other carefully and thoroughly. "That's got to be the cleanest I've ever been, Steve. I don't think you missed a single square inch of my body. Now you have to dry me off."

As he finished toweling Gwen dry, Steve pulled her naked body to his and kissed Gwen passionately. Gwen was facing the door so she saw it swing open and Kate suddenly stop in shock. Behind Kate, Gwen could see her mother watching from the kitchen. Kate was frozen in place until Gwen motioned with her hand for Kate to close the door. Twenty minutes later, Steve was bandaged, dressed and seated at the kitchen table. Gwen was upstairs getting dressed.

"I'm sorry about opening the door this morning," apologized Kate as she sat down at the table. "I thought you'd still be in bed and I could get some clothes from my closet before you woke up. I didn't think about Gwen being in your room. I guess it's hard to shower with a bad arm?"

"You opened the door this morning?" asked Steve nervously. "When was that?"

"Gwen didn't tell you? She saw me and motioned for me to close the door. You guys were all romantic ... and naked. Mom laughed at me when my face got all red after I closed the door."

"Your mom?" repeated Steve. "Kate, Paula, I am so sorry that happened! It's Kate's room and she certainly should have access to her stuff. I'm a lot better now. Maybe I should go back and live with Uncle Joe."

"And how would you navigate the stairs to his apartment?" demanded Paula as she placed a big plate of bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes in front of Steve. "I warned you both that the lock didn't work on that door. Kate needs to knock first, but you and Gwen have to think about your actions a little more. This is all new to you both. You have to go slowly and carefully. Think about the rest of us in the house. Ted and I don't allow the kids, or anyone, to catch us in embarrassing situations."

"Mom! Not you and Dad! I don't even want to think about that. Gwen and Steve are young and good looking. You and Dad are old and shouldn't even be doing that stuff anymore," reasoned Kate.

"I'm only forty-two and I can still turn heads! Your father and I certainly are not too old for romance and sex. We're just wise enough, and experienced enough, to keep it behind closed doors. Actually, I wouldn't mind if a little more of the romance part was in the open. Steve and Gwen are reminding me of how we were before we had three daughters to worry about."

"You and Dad were like me and Steve?" asked Gwen as she entered the room and took a seat. "You were a senior when you met Dad, weren't you, Mom? How long did you date him before you made love?"

"That is none of your business! Your father was a senior in college and came back to Sparta to watch a football game his cousin Jim was playing in. Jim introduced us at the dance after the game. Your father was so mature and good looking. I fell in love with him that first night, but I didn't tell him for a long time. He thought he had to work hard to get me to fall for him, so he came back to Sparta every chance he had to court me. It may be hard to believe now, but he was very romantic back then."

"So you fell in love at first sight, too? When Steve sat down at my table at the mall that day, my heart stopped. I had trouble breathing. I just sat and stared at him for a long time."

"I didn't notice since I was totally lost by that time," admitted Steve. "I was in love before I even sat down at the table that day. I can't explain it, but I knew that the incredibly beautiful girl sitting there was the one for me. That's why I asked you to go to the dance with me, and I refused to take 'no' for an answer. I can't tell you how hard I worked to win that game. I would've played defense if I had to!"

"I was wearing a baggy sweatshirt and big pants that day. Why did you even take a second look?"

"Gwen, you don't seem to realize just how beautiful you are. I've never seen your equal, and I've seen some gorgeous women, two of whom are in this room right now. You could've been wearing potato sacks and you'd stand out."

Gwen got up from her seat and walked over to Steve and sat on his lap and kissed him hard on the lips. "Did Dad say things like that to you back then, Mom? Was he a silver tongued devil like this guy?"

"I don't think he was quite as smooth as this young man of yours, but he was very good," laughed Paula. "Steve seems to be the gold standard for romance minded men."

As they approached the school that morning, Gwen began to fidget. Kate seemed slightly agitated as well. Gwen parked the car in a handicap area so Steve wouldn't have as far to walk. The kids were talking in hushed tones as they walked through the halls. When they reached their homeroom, Coach Watkins was seated in Ms. Walker's chair. When the bell rang, he spoke to the students in the room.

"As you all know, Ms. Walker was badly injured last week in the terrorist attack. She's expected to make a full recovery and hopefully will return to her teaching duties in the near future. I'm going to take attendance now and then we're reporting to the auditorium for a special program."

The assembly lasted about half an hour. The students were told of increased security measures and asked to always report any unusual activity. The principal explained to the students that the FBI was confident that the sixth terrorist, the one that sent the remote signal to detonate the bombs, had fled into Canada to escape capture and prosecution. Then he thanked the fire and rescue squads, the police, and the hospital staff. He explained that anyone that felt the need to speak with one of the available grief counselors would be quickly accommodated.

Then the principal singled out Gwen. "I cannot stress enough how important the quick thinking of Gwen Anderson was in preventing even more pain and suffering. She risked her life to disarm the bombs, and then had the presence of mind to call an emergency room doctor for help. Then she passed out phone numbers for other students to call for immediate first aid measures. I've been assured that more would have died from that attack if not for the prompt assistance rendered by the brave students that remained in the building to help their classmates.

"The events of that day cannot be discussed without mentioning Steve Hammer. Everyone in this room knows the decisive action he took to save many lives, as well as the very building in which we stand. I do not want to recount his efforts of that morning as we are here to heal, to move forward. We're fortunate to have such quick thinking, capable students in this school. We are the Spartan Nation and we're Spartan proud!!"

It took a few days, but school returned to a new normal. Basketball season resumed and the first home game was difficult. Everyone that entered the gym couldn't help but think about the violence and death that took place there. The floors had been sanded and refinished so there was no sign of blood, but most people had seen the video and knew where the pools had been.

Gwen and Steve were elevated to celebrity status. More precisely, they became school royalty. Students, and even teachers, deferred to them during school and at after school events. Steve healed rapidly and moved back in with his uncle Saturday afternoon. The Anderson family assured him that they wanted him to stay, but he felt he needed to get back home.

Gwen had been joining him for morning showers and had easily made him cum several times. She had declined any reciprocal efforts from Steve, except to allow him to caress her firm breasts and suckle her hard nipples a few times. He felt disloyal to Ted for enjoying Gwen so much in Ted's home. The Anderson's treated him far better than he deserved. Of that, he was certain.

By the following Monday, 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' was well on its way to becoming a huge hit. The video was seen my millions and hundreds of thousands bought and downloaded the song. Once again, Amber Stahl approached Gwen and Steve for an interview.

"I know you're going to be at the mall Saturday to promote your "Lady in Red" line of clothes. Since all the profits go to the hospital, the station has no problem doing a segment from Macy's featuring an informal interview with you two. Naturally, I'm going to be the one asking the questions. You guys have done wonders for my career. The station wants to move me up but won't as long as you both are in Sparta.

"They're afraid that if they move me, they'll miss the exclusive features you've been granting me the last few months. Now that you have a hit song and your clothing line is being promoted all over TV and the internet, the station doesn't want to lose you. They've given me a raise and a promise to move up once you guys are in college.

"I'd like to do fifteen minutes with you two. It will be live, with a few seconds delay in case something unacceptable is blurted. It's going to be during the eight o'clock hour and the network may rebroadcast it during their morning show if it looks interesting enough."

Saturday morning found Lisa, Kate, Gwen, Amber Stahl and Amber O'Leary setting up at Macy's, well before the normal opening time. Amber O'Leary had arranged to have a piano delivered to the area the kids were using. She felt confident that fans would be asking Gwen and Steve to sing since they had a hit song. The girls were shown their changing room, while Steve once again was given a glorified closet.

Macy's opened its doors at seven. Kate and Gwen began the day in evening gowns while Lisa modeled a bikini. Steve was dressed in a tux and was able to go without a sling on his arm. His shoulder was still stiff, but he had gained a lot more mobility in his arm. He walked with a slight limp, but that injury was rapidly healing. Steve recognized quite a few of his classmates that stopped in, including Charlotte.

"Billy's coming home tomorrow! He said to say 'hey' and to stop in and visit him when you get a chance. He's going stir crazy and can't wait to get back to school. The doctor's think he'll make a complete recovery and even be able to play football next fall."

A few minutes before eight, Amber Stahl explained to those gathered that she was going to do an interview and asked for their cooperation. As her cameraman counted down, Amber smiled to the kids as they went silent.

When the broadcast began, she explained to the audience how Gwen and Steve were launching a new line of clothes designed by Amber O'Leary, daughter of the governor. All profits were to benefit the building fund of the local hospital that did such an amazing job treating and caring for the victims of the recent attack.

She spent a few minutes discussing the gowns that Kate and Gwen were wearing. Amber O'Leary was asked about her designs and how she became affiliated with Steve and the Andersons. Lisa was introduced and received a round of applause from the very appreciative males in the audience. Just before going to commercial, Amber told the viewers that Steve had agreed to sing for them after the commercial.

"What are you going to sing?" asked Gwen. "How come I didn't know anything about it? Do you expect me to 'improvise' again? I'd like a little warning about things like this."

"All you have to do is sit next to me and look beautiful. Amber asked if there was anything special I'd like to do this morning and I came up with this song. I'm going to sing it to you, Gwen. All I ask is that if you don't like it; wait until we're off air to say anything, okay?"

The cameraman signaled to Amber that they were ten seconds from going on air, so Gwen ended her questioning. "As promised, Steve Hammer has agreed to entertain us with a song. He'll be performing an old Elvis Presley tune. He tells me that his mom used to sing it to him and he always liked it. This is his television debut. Ladies and Gentlemen, Steve Hammer."

Steve sat at the piano with Gwen next to him. He smiled at her and then began playing the piano. After a few bars, he began singing "Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you."

Gwen was stunned as she listened to Steve deliver one of the best love songs ever written! His voice was strong and rich and his emotion was obvious to all. Sighs erupted from the girls in the audience and Kate and Lisa had tears running down their cheeks.

None of the surrounding distractions affected Steve in any way. He continued to watch Gwen and sing as well as he could. Time seemed to stand still for Gwen as she listened to her boyfriend profess his love for her on television. She imagined her heart exploding as she listened. How could she have ever found such an amazing guy?

As Steve played the last note, the camera swung back to Amber Stahl. She was caught on camera trying to wipe tears from her eyes. "If anyone has ever heard that song done better, I'll eat this microphone! Our time is up for today, but you can be sure we'll be hearing a lot more about "Lady in Red" clothing, and their singing. Thanks everyone!"

As soon as Amber signed off, people rushed to speak with Gwen and Steve. Gwen noticed that the size of the crowd had greatly increased. Questions were flying at her so fast, she was unable to decipher them. Girls were all around Steve, asking him dozens of questions at once. Finally the manager of Macy's, the same fellow that gave Gwen and Charlotte a new change of clothes after the attack, took control and backed the fans off the small stage. He then established an order for the attendees to ask questions.

Most of them were directed to Steve and Gwen, but Lisa and Kate fielded a few questions as well. At nine, the manager called for a fifteen minute break. The girls and Steve all changed and returned for more promotions of their product. Lisa looked stunning in a low cut gown, while Kate caused some commotion when she entered in her modest bikini. Then Gwen glided onto the stage wearing a red robe. When she removed it to reveal a matching bikini, audible groans were heard from the males in the audience.

Steve had to chuckle when guys tried to flock around Gwen. Cameras on cell phones were taking stills and videos constantly. Kate had her own entourage of younger guys. Lisa attracted a large share of the girls present as they asked questions about her gown and how much it would cost to buy one like it.

"I feel like the Maytag repairman here," complained Steve as he wandered around sipping on a soft drink. He was wearing board shorts and shirt that looked quite sharp and matched Gwen's bikini nicely. That fact seemed to go largely unnoticed. Both Gwen and Kate were doing a great job of promoting the swimwear line. They smiled and turned to strike a pose whenever someone requested it.

When a kid tied to hold Kate in what Steve felt was an inappropriate manner, Steve started over to straighten the kid out. Fortunately, the manager of the store was overseeing everything and quickly moved the kid away from Kate. She had seen Steve headed her way to rescue her and grinned and then winked at him.

Every hour they would change outfits, never wearing the same thing twice. Macy's had several clerks selling the outfits and then taking orders when the supply ran out. By day's end, every item in stock had been sold. Steve was shocked to hear that all the men's swimsuits had been sold as well. Not surprisingly, the tuxedoes were slow movers. Amber had anticipated that and had contacted rental stores. She was getting strong interest from them. A lot of guys would be renting a 'Lady in Red' tux for their prom.

Paula and Ted stopped in to watch the proceedings for a while. "I was watching when you sang that song to Gwen this morning. I was sobbing like a teenager. I have trouble believing just how good you are. Is there anything you don't do well?" asked Paula.

"I hope that's a rhetorical question," kidded Steve. "I really hate to reveal my weaknesses."

"I'm beginning to think that Kryptonite is the only thing that could weaken you," replied Paula somewhat seriously. "I'll say it again. You're an amazing young man."

After the day's activities were finished, Gwen was chatting with Amber Stahl and Amber O'Leary when Lisa bid everyone goodbye. She was going to drive directly back to school to study for tests she was taking Monday. Steve was showing Kate a few notes on the piano when his phone vibrated. He had a text from Lisa asking him to meet her in the rear of the store.

Curious, he went out the back door to see what Lisa needed. He was able to make out Lisa's head by a black sedan and walked over to speak with her.

As he neared Lisa, a man stood up with a gun in his hand. He had been crouching by the car so Steve wasn't able to detect him. Steve looked at the man and then back at Lisa. He could now see how badly frightened she was. Her lip trembled and her hand holding her phone shook.

"So it's the hero," greeted the man, showing a heavy accent. "I give you choice. You let me tie hands and get in my car, or I shoot you both."

"You let her go and I'll let you tie my hands and I'll leave with you," replied Steve calmly. "If you don't let her go, I'll kill you right here."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.