The Wall and Goat - Cover

The Wall and Goat

Copyright© 2013 by Sasha Distan

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Maxie's grandmother tells him that love and hate are two horns on the same goat. That snowy day in January, a boy shows up who could just be that goat. Jesse is new to town and not happy about it. Maxie reminds him of memories he would rather leave behind and as the boy's grow apart and closer together they both realize that they need to change.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/mt   Consensual   Romantic   Gay   BiSexual   Interracial   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

It was midnight, the house was silent, the incandescent hands of my little clock told me that a new day was just beginning, another one was just lost. A day where Maxie had kissed me, in the field, under the stars. I had been so angry at the start of that run, half way between the dark sort of sadness that leads to doing really stupid things and the hot red rage that lead to me breaking my sort-of-best-friend's nose. But the body wants what the body wants, and as annoyed as I was when we started, the familiar burn of muscles and the sweet-sharp flood of endorphins could not be denied. Pretty much all exercise gave me a hard on when I finished, and running with Maxie certainly didn't fix that.

It was midnight. I hadn't slept at all.

Maxie had gotten back about nine, and I'd heard him crash onto his bed. There'd be no movement since. For the last hour I had wanted to tap on the wall, and as the clock hands slid inexorably towards a new day, I knew I had to. I didn't want to just leave it where we had. I had to explain to him sometime. Why not in the dead of night?

I tapped on the wall.

There was a grunt and the sound of Maxie shifting in bed. He thought of him naked mad me excited and scared all at once.

I thumped the wall again.

"Huh. Eh? Ung..." the sounds of Maxie moving around followed the half words, then he hit the wall with some other part of his anatomy, "Jes?" His voice was thick with sleep, making him sound older and less smart than I knew him to be.

"Maxie? I need to talk to you."

"Mmm, 'kay," I peered through the hole, but it was pitch black in Maxie's room, "What's wrong?" He spoke through a yawn that made his jaw creak.

"Maxie are you awake?" I knew I'd woken him, but there was no point in telling him if he wasn't going to remember in the morning, and I was losing my resolve. I banged the wall right next to his head.

"Fuck. Yes, I'm up now. Ye gods what time is it?"

"Midnight."

"And this couldn't wait until the morning. You selfish bastard," his hard tone vanished as he spoke, "Sorry Jes, I'm fine, talk to me."

"OK." I took a deep breath, a pause I thought I was going to get trapped in. "I'm not, I been, I wasn't ... hang on. I never knew, you know? I never knew like other people do. I had this feeling I might be. I couldn't really think about it, I didn't want to. So I ignored it. It just became a habit."

"Er ... are we talking in code?"

"Maxie!" I pleaded with him through the wall, prone on my bed, facing the little hole that was our main channel of communication.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. You ignored that you fancied guys right?"

"Right. So ... when I met you, I didn't know what to do with all these feelings. I didn't want these feelings."

"What feelings?" I could hear Maxie smiling.

"Don't do that. You know and I'm not saying pretty things to you through a wall."

"Fine..." Maxie sounded resigned.

"So then back last summer there was this man." I gulped, wanting to stop, "In the Hyde Park bathrooms. He ... he attacked me. Stole things from me. Things I didn't know you could take." I made my voice small, half wanting for Maxie not to hear, "He raped me." I took a hard shuddering breath, I had never said it out loud before. Never even said it in my own head, and now that fact was out there, flitting to Maxie's ears like a butterfly on wings of poison. "Lucky for me I was shit at suicide and good at healing."

I paused, but the only sound from the wall was Maxie's uneven breathing, "So I'm sorry I was awful to you. You didn't deserve it, and I'm sorry I took your first kiss after I'd been so mean to you. Sorry about your hand."

There was a long silence in which I worried that Maxie had fallen asleep.

"Jes?"

"Yes?"

"Put your hand on the wall, with your thumb right by the hole." I did so, not quite knowing why, "My hand is there too. I wish it felt warm."

"Maxie?"

One knock for yes.

"Thank you." And then I lost the grip on consciousness I didn't know I'd been holding.

I dreamt him dead again. In the dream I walk down the steps to the Hyde Park toilets, my best leather brogues clattering noisesomly on the tiles as I descend, a skip and a hop. I got to urinal, empty white porcelain, the air thick with bleach over washed with floral scents that do nothing for the nose. I look in the mirror as I piss, meet my own gaze, and Narcissus-like smile at my reflection, my pale pink skin, my clear round eyes. And then my gaze shifts, the focus alters and there is something dark in the stall behind me.

I finish up, reel around to see the naked figure slumped against the cistern, his legs splayed around the commode, the insides of thighs dark with sticky blood. His head rests against the side of the stall, hair falling in his face. Perfectly sculpted muscles do not move, there is no breath. His lips are red, a lipstick slack smile drawn in the blood which flows readily from his heart. Toffee coloured eyes meet mine and I sweat he blinks. Dead but blinking. There is a gash in the side of his head, the shine of opened bone. I run from the bathrooms.

I woke in a cold sweat, tied up in my sheets and on the floor. How falling off the bed hadn't woken me I had no idea but I struggled upright and went for a shower. Only when I returned from five minutes under steaming water did I look at the clock to see it was only just seven o'clock. I had no school.

Naked now, I dropped into bed and peered through the hole in the wall. Maxie wasn't there, probably having his own shower, but then I saw the curve of his spine and shoulders, the shorn back of his head. He dropped out of sight again, then rose slowly.

Push ups. Liar, obviously push ups didn't count as exercise. No wonder he has a torso that looked like the better models in GQ magazine.

I counted Maxie's shoulders rise and fall another sixteen times before he got up, slapping salt-sweat from his arms. He was wearing boxers and nothing else. His fabulously sexy upper body heaved with the effort of his laboured breathing. Maxie had big thighs, taut with muscle and sinew, and his tight boxer-briefs left little to my already overactive imagination. Maxie stretched, arms out above his head and another half inch of dusky coffee coloured skin snuck out from the waistband of his underwear. My confused sexuality aside, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

Maxie sat, turned and then knocked on the wall. I slid back sharply, not wanting to be caught watching him.

"I know you're up," in more ways than one, my mind added, "I can hear you breathing Jes. I hope you never have to sneak up on anyone."

"Sorry."

"You wanna hang out afterschool?" at Maxie's words I realised there was really no reason for me to be up, I was excluded for the week.

I knocked for yes.

"See ya Jes. Be good."

I lay back in bed, pondering the ceiling. After what I'd told Maxie last night I hadn't expected him to sound quite so chirpy. I closed my eyes for what felt like a minute, but turned out to be an hour, and when I looked at the clock I realised Maxie would already be at school. There was a piece of paper in the hole in the wall. A note.

You're a lousy spy. Hope you got a good view ;)

Still processing last night's conversation. Sorry I'm not more help. Hang on today and we'll talk after running.

M

Under that were two lines, unfinished.

The world will be fixed/in the eyes of friends

I smiled. There was nothing to do, nothing on my schedule, so I pulled on slacks and an old zip up hoodies and shuffled barefoot to the kitchen for cereal, toast and television. Only to find that my mum had left me a list of jobs literally as long as my arm.

I did the washing up, put the laundry on, cleaned the kitchen floor; I bleached the loo, wiped down the shower, rearranged all the toiletries of which I had two and mum had twenty; I wiped the washing up and put it away, then did another load. Stopped for coffee and read in The Week about a women who followed her sat-nav across Europe, a cute guy who stole a fourteen pound carp to win a fishing contest and a snake clinging to the wing of a plane in Australia. I hovered the lounge, plumped the sofa cushions, unpacked the last of the boxes and put it in the recycling; I painted the hall with the colours mum had left, cleaned paint of the carpet on the stairs, re washed the sink after the brushes. I ate lunch standing over the sink, tinned beans with a spoon from the saucepan and a can of peaches in a similar fashion. I reorganised my books according to font size, changed my mind and put them all back; I downloaded all the Keane songs I could find and turned the volume up high, learnt the lines while I changed my sheets, made the bed, then did mum's too; went back to the kitchen, put the laundry on to dry, looked for a brownie recipe mum always used; made brownies, made a mess in the kitchen, cleaned the kitchen; brownies came out a little burnt but good, ate half the pan before remembering to save some. Had another shower. Sat down in front of the TV to realise it was four o'clock, raced up to my room, changed into running gear, and wrote a note to put in the hole.

It's a cruel world/And I need somewhere to hide/But time goes by/And your still on my side

Then I went downstairs and waited for mum.

"Wow," Mum dropped her handbag in the hall, and her coat fell across it as she stared around the house. I think one of the reasons I love my room to be so tidy is that mum is so messy, "Maybe having you home is a good thing."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.