Xenovia- How It Begins - Cover

Xenovia- How It Begins

Copyright© 2013 by Rolf

Chapter 2

(Dax, in his own words.)

Some called his kind a legend, a curse, even a demon; Dax had never known really what he really was.

Long ago, a very long time ago, a lone traveler came to this planet. Coming here was not by choice. He was in exile. His own kind had sent him to This planet as punishment for crimes and the indifference he had shown to those in authority. To Dax, he did not even care. The area selected had food(read life) and some of the natives would make fine companions, he thought. Besides, he could summon minions to keep him company and do the things he needed done.

It was not quite as simple as he thought. He would not die, normally; but might be killed in special circumstances. He would take no chances until better and more complete information was available. For now he would only kill for nourishment.

It was boring. He summoned several minions. Animals and small young girls did not seem to threaten the natives; this he had learned from before and hoped it was so here also. Each was sent out in different directions in teams of three. Girl, dog or wolf and a flying companion. Dax would sleep. When he awoke he should know more about the surroundings. He choose a larger, dark cave inhabited by bats and bears. The bears would, could not harm him and the bats would discourage the would-be visitor. His sleep lasted several years.

When he awoke, one overriding feeling came over him. It was the need to feed. This was more important than anything else. His minions were all there, waiting for him to rise. He called to them, ascertained the closest food, and sent out two or three for his meal. While he anxiously waited, he listened and learned from his scouts, what this world was like and where he might benefit.

His 'take home' meals were herded in like cattle. After two or three he sensed his being was refreshed. Two girls remained. He asked them their names, one looked scared and did not reply; she merely hung her head and looked down. The other, perhaps in an act of defiance, sensing their end, spoke. "I am Belle and this sheep is my sister Monique. We have nothing and no one to care about us anymore, so have done with us and we shall meet again in Hades, Milord!"

"My, my, my. You presume much dear girl. It will be a long wait for me since Hades is not on my list of places to visit. Are the inhabitant there 'tasty' I hope?"

Belle looked ashen now. Her false bravado was waning. Monique was now a standing shell, not even a walking one.

"Ladies, perhaps things are not as bleak as one might imagine. I feel refreshed. If you or your sister should do me some small favour, your life will end, true, but you both may serve me a very long time, forever if your not 'too' good."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.