The Princess and the Quarterback
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Rolf

As we were having breakfast, the door chimes rang. This time it was answered by Julia, who returned with several rings of keys.

"A man handed these to me and said the car is in-front of the Garage and you could sign everything on Monday. He brought extra keys and the petrol is topped off."

Mark handed me a key ring and told Miranda that there may be a surprise on her 16th birthday.

"You have met Julia and Aggie, let me introduce the rest of the staff, for they have just arrived from the Miami house."

There was a lineup where all were introduced. James was one of two drivers, I later learned both were former SAS and would serve as bodyguards. Charles was Steward and ran the house. Robert, Peter and Jerome looked after the inside and grounds. Julia, Aggie, Melody. Pricilla and Bonnie were the maids, cooks and cleaners. I was to learn later the house/castle has more than 40 rooms and several more security staff who never came into the house unless needed.

The tragedy which took place in Miami had several far-reaching effects. Mark's father had been Sir Charles White GBE and his wife, Penelope, was Dame.( The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is an order of chivalry established on 4 June 1917 by King George V. The Order is composed of five classes in civil and military divisions. In descending order of seniority, these are:

  • Knight Grand Cross or Dame Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (GBE),

  • Knight Commander or Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (KBE or DBE)

  • Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE)

  • Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE)

  • Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE)

Only the highest two ranks automatically entitle its recipient to become a knight or dame, an honour allowing (but not prescribing) the postulant to use the title "Sir" (male) or "Dame" (female) before his or her first name (though men can be knighted separately from this and other Orders of Chivalry). Honorary knighthoods, given to individuals who are not nationals of a realm where Queen Elizabeth II is Head of State, permit use of the honour as a post-nominal but not as a title before their name. Awards in the Order of the British Empire in the Commonwealth Realms were discontinued with the establishment of national systems of honours and awards such as the Order of Canada, the Order of Australia and the New Zealand Order of Merit.

Foreign recipients are classified as honorary members of the Order they receive, and do not contribute to the numbers restricted to that Order as full members do.

There is also a related British Empire Medal, whose recipients are not members of the Order, but who are nonetheless affiliated with the Order. The British Empire Medal had not been used in the United Kingdom or its dependencies since 1993, but was revived in 2012 with 293 BEMs awarded for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. In addition, BEM is used by the Cook Islands and by some other Commonwealth nations.

The Order's motto is For God and the Empire. It is the most junior of the British orders of chivalry, and the largest, with over 100,000 living members worldwide)

Sir Charles had been the Queen's surrogate in Jamaica and newly appointed Ambassador to the US and Canada. The family had been supporters of the Tudors for over a 1,000 years and his murder and subsequent defilement of Miranda had resulted in an ultimatum from the Queen herself. "Find the bloody bastards and kill them."

The SAS and some of her own Lifeguards were sent to America to do just that. Damn the politics. The White House had been politely told to "Stuff it", the Miami home was Diplomatic property and the murder done there. The Brits would handle it and for the US to stay out of the way.

What was still unknown was the reason for the killings and rape of Miranda. If drugs were the reason, Britain's Afghan involvement would be accelerated. The Queen's own grandchildren had fought there and something like this would cause many people to suffer the retribution. Sir Charles had also been a friend and Dame Penelope a cousin of the Queen.

Wendy and Miranda dressed and came to the White Rose lobby. James was waiting to drive them, Mark came down and handed each of them a Gold Pre-paid, Amex Card. Each had $250,000 available. "I can't stand to hurry and wait around the stores you girls like so James and some of the lads will escort you. Don't buy out the stores since some poor soul may also want to shop."

They stepped out. James said, "We will take your car Miss if that will be ok, the lads will follow in another." In the turn-around was a White 2014 Jaguar XF R S, the first in the US.

Seattle was not New York, Paris or London, but Miranda and Wendy were very simple girls with modest tastes. Their first surprise was when they presented their cards to pay for the jeans, sneakers and Polo shirts. They had each spent $123.00 and hoped there was enough money to cover that. When the clerk handed them back the cards with a receipt along with two bags which James took she gave them a funny look. They both looked at a slip of paper which showed a balance of more than $249,000 on each card. They looked at the bags, then each other and laughed. "We may be able to get some crisps for lunch too. I wonder what Mark would do if we called and said we needed more cards?"

With a devilish look, Miranda took up her new phone, called Mark and faked a sniffle.

"What's wrong M? What's the matter?'

Oh Mark, we wanted to buy some more jewelry but they said we did not have anymore money left. Oh Mark whatever can we do now?"

"Put James on, he has extra cards."

Not to play the fool, Wendy took the phone. OH Mark we already spent those, we just don't know what to do, will you please come and rescue us darling. Hey, that's my name, how does Wendy Darling-White sound?"

It was only 11:30 and already they needed more money. "I'll be right over, how much more do you need?"

"Well, 2 or 3 should be enough. $2 or $3 million."

Mark called for a driver, grabbed a dozen more cards and started out. "Damn those girls are expensive, I should have gotten a boat."

James, the guards and the two girls were outside the Mall waiting for him. When he got out, he was being hugged and kissed like he had been away for ages. His face brightened. "Damn", he thought, "This is a lot better than a boat."

He held out the new cards James began to outright laugh. It was infectious as James, Miranda and Wendy all filled his hand with the 8 other cards. "Lunch is on you, we are all famished" as both Wendy and Miranda took James by the arm and went to the food court. Burgers, shakes, fries and a sundae set Mark back $27.50. All together the girls had spent less than $300. Mark was amazed. He would have given them anything and everything just to see the smiles and glow on their faces after trying on the new jeans and shirts.

Mr. Darling had called on Wendy's phone to tell them he was taking an early flight, Mark told him a car would be waiting. They would wait dinner and did he like seafood? The voice on the phone quite different than yesterday, he would have to tease Wendy that the 'Tiger' had been tamed.

"Your dad called while you two were buying out the stores; he will be here early and joining us for dinner. Unless I was mistaken, he actually seemed quite enthused."

James was sent to the airport. This time he choose a different car, one meant to impress.

My Darling was not used to an airport the size of Sea-Tac. The saw the sign and went to James. Two large men took his bags as James led him to the car. When they exited, Mr. Darling froze when in-front of him was a 2014, Rolls Royce Limo in White. On the door was the Royal Lion and Blue and Gold flags graced the front and rear of the car. On either end of the car was another with huge men by the doors.

"Welcome to Seattle Mr. Darling. Master Mark is quite anxious to meet you and hopes your visit here will be pleasant. If there is nothing you need, we will retire to the house here."

The Queen had appointed Mark to fill the role Sir Charles had taken. The 22 year-old would have traded everything to have his mother and father back. The Queen had sent the retribution team, along with letters expressing regrets as well as orders naming him to replace Sir Charles. She indicated he and Miranda should plan on being at the Palace when the new Rolls were announced. James had also brought letters from the two Princes saying the hunt for the killers would continue until things were done.

Mr. Darling was overwhelmed. The car itself was a shock, add to that the escorts, guards and Royal Ensign left him reeling. Who was this Mark, whom his daughter had said was her age and played soccer, no, football, yet commanded the power of the Queen herself.

"Who is this Mark, Mr. Darling asked James?"

James smiled, "He is Miranda's brother, Mr. Darling."

"Yes, yes I know and Miranda is Wendy's sister, how foolish of me to even ask.'

"Yes Sir" as James just smiled.

The ride to the house was much like Wendy had experienced. Unseen were the eyes that were focused of them since they were on the gravel road and the conversations coming from the escort cars the entire trip.

The appearance of the castle made Mr. Darling glad he had worn a good suit. What he, again was not prepared for was the Major Domo, dressed in a full 'Black Watch' kit opening the door for him. When he got out a screaming Wendy, followed by a 90 lb pixie ran up hugging and kissing him shouting 'Daddy'.

Tears were really in his eyes now as he returned the hugs. "This beautiful creature must be Miranda. I am a lucky man to have two such beautiful daughters."

In that one statement, tears were in the eyes of both girls, but they were tears of immense happiness.

'I see why you have captured my daughters soul, she never had a chance, did she?'

"No Sir, I need her, need her so much that were she not here I would die." (The truth of that would be borne out later."

"Good day, Mr. Darling, welcome to our home, I like to think of it as Castle White, in honour of my ancestors. Please let us show you to your rooms and then join us for some refreshment before we dine. Dress is casual and you will find some informal wear if you need. Your dresser can suggest some things. Jerome will see you up and Wendy will be alone with you when you come down."

Roger followed Jerome. The saying there is no fool like an old fool became very apparent when he came home early one day to find his future wife, naked and servicing the pool boy and his helper.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.