Death and Damnation: Book 2 of Poacher's Progress
Chapter 20: Romans 12:19

Copyright© 2013 by Jack Green

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 20: Romans 12:19 - This book follows on from Duel and Duality, and how Jack survived the duel is revealed. His life then becomes a series of surprising encounters and episodes. He meets some old friends and makes new ones, including females. He rubs shoulders with writers and meets a military genius. He revisits Waterloo, learns of the aphrodisiacal properties of cheese, and ploughs furrows- and madges. He avoids being fatally seduced, kills several more men, goes on a voyage, and he falls in love, again.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Historical   Tear Jerker   Oral Sex   Violence  

It was Matilde who roused me from the depths of my desolation and devastation. She came into the study, put her arms about my waist and laid her head on my shoulder. "Jacques, let Annette go. She would be so distressed to see you like this."
Matilde was right. It was time for me to carry out the promise I had made to Annette just before she died, and send de La Zouche screaming into hell.
I gave Annette's corpse a final kiss, and, with Matilde's arm around my waist, made my way into the hall.
The girls went back into the study to prepare Annette's body, which was just as well as I had something to say to Krish.

"I shall ride after the murdering scum. I expect they have made for Valenciennes."

"Shall I come with you?"

"I think it best you stay here. The girls may need you; in any event you will have to sign the death certificate."

Krish looked at me with questioning eyes. "There is something else you want to tell me?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"Mimi, the pregnant girl, is carrying Woody's child. I can't bring myself to tell her that he is dead."

"And you want me to do it?" I nodded. "Well, it's just as well that I'm a doctor, as the news could send her into premature labour."
I thanked him and made my way to the stable, where I found François saddling a grey horse.
"This nag belongs to the cochon I shot. Your horses are exhausted, and wouldn't be able carry you more than a kilometre."

"What about its owner, I will need to question him. Is he still alive?"

"Yes, I only hit him in his arm, and he fell off his horse. He's a surly brute, and hasn't uttered a word."
The man was tied to a post, and looked to be another former Imperial guardsman, with an ear ring and braided hair, like those three who had accompanied de La Zouche at Château d'Hougoumont.
"Where is de La Zouche staying in Valenciennes?" I asked. He replied with a curse, and spat in my face.
I took up a pitch fork, and thrust it into his leg. He gave a shrill scream of pain and collapsed, held up only by the ropes about him. I repeated my question.

"I don't know, Master, truly I don't."

"Pass me the bayonet from your musket, please François." He handed me the blade, a puzzled look on his face.
I took the man's left hand and cut off his little finger. This time his scream was louder and more prolonged than when the pitch fork had pierced him. As he blubbered in pain I said. "I shall cut off a finger, one by one, until you tell me the truth; when you run out of fingers I will cut off your verge."

The man couldn't get his answer out quickly enough."He's staying at the Golden Lion."

I then cut off his thumb.

The man howled in agony, and cried out. "It's the truth, I swear it. He's meeting a merchant from Antwerp tomorrow, and will sell him one of the diamonds." I made to cut another finger, and the man grovelled in fear and terror. "For God's sake, spare me, Master. I'm telling you the truth."

I turned to François. "Do you know this tavern, the Golden Lion?"

He nodded. "It's more of a brothel than a tavern. Down by the river, and full of brigands and whores."

"It seems that our man is telling the truth, then?" The man nodded vigorously, and François agreed.

"In that case I'll torment him no further," and with that I slit the man's throat. The look of surprise on his face was only exceeded by the look on François'.

"Why... ?"

"That bastard raped..." I was about to say Woody's wife, but did not want Mimi finding out that Woodrow Allen had been married, at least not until after the birth of her child, so quickly changed it to " ... my house maid, then cut her throat. I shall do the same for the other man with de La Zouche. As for the Colonel, I will contrive something special for him."
I kicked the body of the man I had just killed, or to be more precise, had just murdered. "Meantime you can feed this carrion to the pigs!" I swung up into the saddle of the horse readied for me, and rode out of the stable.

You are probably shocked by my action, as well you might be. Any feeling of compassion, or pity, which I might have held for de La Zouche and his henchmen had evaporated when Annette died. I was not seething with red hot rage but instead was consumed by a marble cold, malignant, murderous fury. I had ceased to be human; I was Death, and the horse I rode was pale.

The Golden Lion was a much larger building than I had expected. It rose two stories from the river bank, where several barges were tied up by a jetty. I could hear the sounds of a Bacchanalian orgy coming from what I took to be the main tavern on the ground floor. The upper floor appeared to be where the whores conducted their business, and was accessed by an exterior flight of wooden stairs from a side entrance.
I led my horse over to the stables, which were situated some fifty yards or so to the right of the stairway. An ostler, idly forking out a stall, looked up with scowl on his face as he heard me enter the stable.
"You'll have to wait until I've finished here, before I can attend to your mount."
I pulled out a franc from my pocket, and spun it in the air; it glinted as the lamplight found it.

"Have two men stabled their horses here in the last four or five hours?"

His face lit up with avariciousness. "Yes, Master, two men arrived about three o' clock this afternoon".

"Did one of the men have a scar on his cheek?" Once again I spun the coin, and it sparkled and gleamed in the lamp light.

"Aye, there was a man with a scar– he took a room, number ten, for the night, but didn't want a whore to warm his bed."

I tossed him the coin and he caught and bit it."The other man was a huge brute, and he took a whore upstairs just as soon as he had got off his horse."

"Just water my horse; I don't expect to be here too long."

"Yes, Master." The ostler touched his forehead, and I walked over to the flight of stairs leading to the upper story.

I had not really thought out my next course of action. I was only armed with the bayonet from François' musket, and my plans for de La Zouche would need more than that. There was also the fact that de La Zouche still had at least one of his henchmen with him, or at least close by. I would need to determine if de La Zouche was alone in his room before confronting him.
As I walked slowly along the upper corridor sounds of laughter, screams, cries, and bestial noises of frenzied copulation, came from the rooms either side. I stopped at room number ten and put my ear to the door, hoping to ascertain if anyone, other than de La Zouche, was at home. It was all quiet, and I was just about to burst through the door when an arm like an iron band took me around the throat, and a knife point pricked my back.

The owner of the iron-like arm called out. "Colonel! I've caught someone skulking outside your door."
De La Zouche appeared in the open doorway."Well, bless my soul if it isn't Major Greenaway. Please come in." He bowed with an ironic flourish, as his henchman frogmarched me into the room.

"Obelix, tie the major to that chair–and well done."

His man, Obelix — who was well named, for he was built like a Stonehenge standing stone - tied my ankles to the front legs of the chair, and my wrists to two of the uprights of the back of the chair. The chair itself, like the rest of the furnishings of the room, was rickety and worn.

"You can get back to what, or rather who, you were doing, now Obelix."

Obelix gave a smile like a ripsaw. "With your permission, Colonel, I will continue. I've worn out the first whore I had, and was going downstairs to get a replacement when I saw the Englishman creeping about."

De La Zouche gave him a wave of dismissal and then sat down in an arm chair. On the top of the table alongside him I noticed a pistol, a full decanter of what I assumed to be brandy, and a canvas bag, along with the bayonet that Obelix had taken from me.
"That man has an enormous–err–piece of equipment, with which he often injures women; in fact, he enjoys the sexual experience the more when he does."

"I know. He raped Woodrow Allen's wife, before slitting her throat."

"Ah yes, that was unfortunate." De La Zouche took a sip from his glass. "I had hoped to find you at home, when I paid my visit to your London address. Obelix might not have raped you, but he would certainly have slit your throat!" He gave a mocking smile. "But allow me to introduce myself. I am Ashby de La..."

"Save your breath; I know who you are."

"D'accord. You may wonder at my forename, which is definitely non-Gallic? It was given me by my Irish mother, who also gave me an abiding hatred of all things English–except the language, which I find a treasure trove of words, phrases and sounds. Although its depth of feeling, and its complexity, is completely wasted on the ignorant inhabitants of your benighted island–as is brandy, which is why I do not offer you any."

He raised his glass in a derisive salute, and took a swallow.

I knew that eventually he was going to kill me, probably in as slow and painful a way that he could devise. The chair I was tied to was ancient–it creaked each time I made the slightest movement. If I could topple it over there was a possibility that it would shatter, allowing me a chance to escape. Only a slight chance maybe, but even a slight chance is better than no chance. I would need to keep my wits about me, and keep de La Zouche talking, while I wriggled in the chair, trying to loosen my bonds and at the same time putting more stress on the fragile wooden chair.

"So, where are these diamonds, which have caused so much blood to be spilled?"

"Yes, that is the least I can do; show you what all the pain that you have suffered, and will suffer, is all about."

He put his hand into the canvas bag that lay on the table and withdrew a button.
"You see this, Major? It looks to be a normal button, as worn on the tunic of an officer of the Chasseurs de Pied of the Imperial Guard." He pulled on the button shank and the top came apart. He picked out a shining diamond from the inside of the button and held it between his finger and thumb. The colour was a scintillating yellow, shimmering and glistening in the light of the candelabra and oil lantern that illuminated the room.
"Selling this one diamond will provide me with enough money to travel to Pondicherry in style; furnish me with women, weapons, and clothes, all of the highest standard. It will grease the palms of officials, thereby allowing me to pass through countries unhindered by border controls, and other pettifogging details. In fact it will purchase whatever I need. I have another nineteen of equal worth–they will buy the Emperor an army, strong enough to defeat the English in India. Even now the Emperor is in Pondicherry, with the band of former members of his guard who will be the nucleus of the new army. They will train the natives to fight as Frenchmen, then the Emperor will lead them to victory and become the ruler of India, which will be renamed New France. All they await are these diamonds."

He put the diamond back in the button, snapped the top down and replaced it in the bag.
"Berthier stole these diamonds from me in Egypt..."

"You were in Egypt? I didn't take you for a military man, and thought your rank merely a courtesy title."

"I was a Captain in the Guard of the Directory, and was sent to Egypt by Barras and Carnet to spy on Napoleon. However, when I met him I realised he was a genius, who was destined to lead France to greatness, and acquire the largest empire in history. I sent back false and misleading information regarding him to the Directory. In fact it was I who persuaded Napoleon to return to France, and it was due to my efforts that he was not opposed by the Guard of the Directory, nor by the Grenadiers of the Legislature, when he carried out his coup d'état."

His face showed his pride in his duplicity and double dealing. "I was rewarded for my devotion to Napoleon by promotion to Colonel, and being made Chief Secretary at the Ministry of the Interior." He took another drink from his glass, his whole being wreathed in self satisfaction.
"As for not being a military man–I carried a musket at Valmy, and led a battalion at Jemappes. I was created a Baron for my, and my wife's, –um–behind the scenes activity, during the Treaty of Tilsit."
I could make a guess what this activity would have entailed. Eloise would have opened her legs, while the baron would have opened arteries.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.