The Junior Deputy U.S. Marshals. 7 in STOPWATCH - Cover

The Junior Deputy U.S. Marshals. 7 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 17

"In for penny, in for a pound," E'veen said to Bill. "Straight across, Bill."

About 20 miles into Mexico, Bill said, "we have company." They did.

A Mexican Air Force Cessna 182 was putt putting along with the pilot holding up a sign that said 126.7mhz.

Thank God English is the required language for commercial pilots world wide. Bill tuned in 126.7 and identified himself. He admitted he had filed a request to enter Mexican airspace. He admitted he had been commanded to fly through Mexican airspace by the Army as fast as possible.

People did the checking things people do in such cases ... yes he had permission ... sorry it took so long but it was siesta and there wasn't anybody there to forward the message.

There proceeded a discussion between planes about the Pioneer and it's advantages. It took Bill slowing down to just over stall speed before the Cessna pilot understood. The Pioneer excels at flying slow. The 182 is a nice cruiser but it's stall is 20 mph sooner than the Pin.

While Bill and the other pilot were having a desultory conversation, E'veen was on her cell. Pretty much suddenly, the 182 was bracketed by a pair of T-6A TEXAN II's from Laughlin. The T model isn't armed but neither is the Cessna.

At the border the Cessna turned back and the trio continued to Laughlin. It was a merry group that landed at Laughlin, 126.7mhz ... had anyone been listening ... was a riot of ribald Spanish drinking songs and good old boy country singing. Bill pulled a short landing that amazed every one of the Air Police waiting to escort the pair to the Headquarters building. E'veen put a stop to that mess.

"We're out of fuel and going nowhere until we rub old Paint down and feed her. Post flight is something we've always done and no personage is going to stop that." And that's what they did. Oil ... radials use a lot of oil ... gas ... radials don't get the best milage in the world, and a good shaking ... parts need to wobble where their supposed to wobble and not wobble where they ain't. Metal to metal scrapes and squeals aren't good either. It's hard to fix it when it breaks at 12 thousand feet.

Finally, E'veen was satisfied. Bill had been satisfied way before she was. It didn't help one little bit that the corporal of the guard was trying to rush her ... then it was the officer of the guard ... and then his captain ... pretty soon the colonel provost marshal was out trying to push but E'veen had her deputy US Marshals badge out and kept tapping it every time some asshole tried rushing her. Eventually, the Master Sergeant meandered his way over to the plane and asked.

"E'veen ... are you quite through."

"Certainly Master Sergeant, I was just waiting for someone who knows what's what." She grinned and said, "let me lock up and we'll take a hike..."

"Oh ... I brought a station car ... you can ride in style." The Sergeant looked her over close, "I know you ... or your mother."

"Must be my mother, I'm just 23," she squinted at him. She got a look from Bill at that. We'll get to that later ... she exclaimed, "Mattlock Darcy ... as I live and breathe. I know you too. How are you Matt? Where and when did you get your watch?"

"I knew it ... I knew it ... Aoibheann O'Riada, The last time I saw you was 1946 or 7 down at Johnson's Ranch. Watch?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.