My older sister
Chapter 6

 

I got out, with a towel wrapped around me. I went to my closet drawers and put on some boxers. I dropped my towel and put on some nice pants, and a button-down shirt. I have no idea why I suddenly was being so modest around my sister.

“Looking good, little brother – I’ve created a genealogy that links them. It only took putting in about twenty people to make it work. Third cousins are legal everywhere in the United States, so are second cousins. There are actually 26 states and DC that allow first cousins to get married, under different circumstances,” she said.

“Do I want to know, why you know that, Kami?”

“Chill out, I did a paper on Consanguinity a few years back. There was a lot of data,” she said.

“Consanguinity, what the hell is that?” I asked.

“It literally means, ‘blood relation, ‘“ my provocative sister said, “it’s important, because many jurisdictions set out degrees of consanguinity in relation to prohibited sexual relations and legality of marriage.”

“Huh?”

“You and I are consanguine; we have blood in common, get it?”

“I think so. It’s the same reason, me and Mom, or you and Dad can’t be married, right?”

“It extends farther than that, INCEST in the United States, includes sex involving any two of the following opposite sex family members: Fathers, Mothers, Grandfathers, Grandmothers, Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews and First cousins ... in some states.”

“That sounds like a case for us NOT being able to be together!” I said.

“Are you planning on telling anybody about us?” Kami asked.

“Well, no – only Lynn and ... Benjamin!” I smiled.

“There, that’s the idea,” Kami said giving me a great big kiss. “Now, do you really plan on finding a job, or was that all make-believe?”

“Well, I got a hot girlfriend, so I need money to spend on her, don’t I?”

“Exactly, but now you’ve got to make an effort to find a job at the same time. We need to start creating the back-story about Lynn hooking up with Benjamin. One last thing, if you find a job closer to where I live, then...”

“We could talk Mom and Dad into letting me live with my gorgeous sister!”

“By George, I think he’s got it!” she said.

I grabbed her and pushed her onto her bed, and started to make out with her, but she insisted I start my job looking. She also handed me a printout of the Dimolfetto Genealogy, so I could start spouting off moms, dads and cousins.

We spent about thirty minutes, using her computer, to create my skills-based resume. I put my last three schools that I attended, with the most recent listed first. She threw questions at me, about other things I did in my twenty years that would be appropriate. She said to add my becoming an Eagle Scout at fourteen, with forty-one Merit Badges.

She told me we needed to leave off things like my birthday and marital status, saying they didn’t have a legal right to know any of that. Kami mentioned to me, that the first man who stepped on the moon was an Eagle Scout, making it seem a lot cooler. I was typing and editing and answering her questions all at the same time.

She was lying on her back on her bed, looking quite glamorous. I saw her reflection on the computer screen. Man, I really need to get myself a job, so I can treat her ... so she can treat me!

FINALLY, my frikking resume was complete. She grabbed it out of my hands, first glancing at it, then sitting up, breaking into a great big smile.

“Randall, this is pretty good, print ten more originals,” she remarked!

“I was going to go to a copy place, wouldn’t that be cheaper?”

“Randall, did you know that the average Human Resource person spends only seventeen seconds looking at a resume, some a whole lot less. Nice paper, and all originals is the way to go ... just do as I say, please?”

“Sure thing, Beautiful.” I said as I put her nicer paper in the printer, and produced fifteen additional originals.

Next, we went through the Classifieds. Kami said to mark every ad that might fit. We can glean as we drive. After also making a mark by those I thought were best suited for me, we were ready to leave.

“Just a minute,” she said.

Still having some stuff at the house, she changed into a nice dress, right in front of me ... teasing me a bit. As we left, she said, “I’ll be your navigator to each of these places, go ahead and get your driver’s license and social security card out of your wallet. Most places may ask for them, at least if they’re interested, they will. Having them handy is smart.”

“No, you’re smart ... thanks Kami!”

I had no expectations about this. I never thought about getting a job before. We spent a solid four hours at it, including getting an on-the-spot interview for a job at the newspaper. They’d been looking for a college-aged man or woman, to discuss the issues of the day with. They asked me to come back with something that I had written during my two years at college.

I told Kami about this and she told me to get home and look through my college work. She dropped me off heading back to her place. Fortunately, I kept all of my schoolwork. So it was a case of looking through the half-dozen essays I had written.

In my two-year career in college, I took mostly General Education classes, so I could defer my choice of Major and Minor, as long as I could. You know, Expository English, Speech Communication, Social Science, Psych or something like it, Humanities, Math and Health Ed.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.