The Red Haired Waif
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2012 by Happy

Anthony laid awake for quite a while with the soft body of the young female snuggled tightly against his back. It was an emotionally exhausting day for Rain. She fell asleep in about five minutes. The man took it as a compliment and another sign of trust that she would drift off while spooning him in the nude.

Because of that trust, he decided to finish helping her regain her independence. The tougher choice was what to do about the young woman's flirting. Part of him found her very tempting. The other part felt apprehension in crossing a line that he'd regret. They had only met sixteen hours ago. He didn't really know her yet.

Anthony woke at 3:00am. Sleep was evading him. There was no soft body against his back. He peeked over his shoulder. She had rolled away from him onto her opposite side. Her bare back was beautiful. He slowly and carefully sneaked out of bed. Rain didn't stir.

The man worked at his computer. At 6:00am he stood and quietly opened the curtains in front of him. As he sat, the morning sun entered. Movement was heard on the bed behind him. He looked at her blurred reflection in the window glass. She was sitting up with her with hands held high and her back arched in a feline stretch.

In a moment, she asked, "What are you up to?", as she arrived at the side of his chair.

"Car shopping", was the short answer as his glance noticed that she was wearing her night shirt. "I want you to sit and read something", as he brought up an e-mail from the auto body shop. "We'll talk about it in a minute", Anthony added as he rose and offered her the chair.

Rain sat and the man walked away to the bathroom. The e-mail described that everything ahead of the windshield would have to be replaced on the Sunfire except for the engine and the front wheels. It would need to go on the frame straightening machine. After paint, the summary showed that the cost of the repairs would exceed three times the value of the car.

Anthony returned next to her.

"What am I going to do?", she pleaded his as she looked up at him.

"Raise your feet off of the floor a little bit", he requested.

That confused her, but did as she was asked.

He grabbed the arm of the chair on wheels that she sat in, turned it around 180 degrees and dragged it a few feet closer to the bed so that he could sit and talk to her at equal eye level.

Anthony began, "The Sunfire is not worth fixing. I urge you to let it go to a good cause. I know of a charity organization that benefits children in need. They will tow it away for free and salvage all the parts that are still good a sell them for proceeds. Then they will carry away the empty shell to the metal salvage yard and get a little something for that too".

He continued, "I can print out a waiver for you to donate it from right here. Later, we can go to the body shop and pick up any personal belongings from the car and your license plates. We'll leave the signed waiver there and be done with it. What do you say?".

"I guess so", she struggled to answer.

"Great", Anthony countered, "Then we'll go car shopping".

Rain's facial expression changed drastically. She loudly said, "I hope that doesn't mean that you're going to give a car to me. Yesterday was overwhelming enough".

"Relax", he said as he gently took hold of her hands, "Hear me out. We're going to pick a vehicle out together. It's going to be in my name for now. You can't afford insurance, maintenance, or gas right now. But I want you to use it to drive to places that you NEED to go. When you have a steady income and can afford to care for it, I'll sign it over to you for a price that you can easily afford. I only ask two things in return".

Rain looked at him with a stunned blank stare and blinked a couple of times.

Anthony continued, "I want you to promise to drive it carefully and soberly. My insurance premiums are low. I am asking you to help keep them that way. Secondly, no bumper stickers that degrade yourself no matter how cute they are".

After a long quiet pause, Rain answered, "I promise. But please explain to me why you are doing this?", she asked as her eyes moved back and forth looking for a clue in his eyes.

"Because you needed some help on your bad day yesterday, before it got worse", He replied.

"What do you mean by 'worse'?", she countered.

"Depressed people do negative things like hurt themselves or just give up on living life. I've been watching you from this window for months as you came and went. You seemed like a happy person until recently. I have a big problem 'unhappy' when I know it can be made better", the man answered.

"I've got a suspicion that you've helped others before", she said seriously, "You seem to know what you're doing".

"A few times", he said quietly.

"And yet, you live here alone", the young woman concluded.

"They each went they're own way. The important part is that they are content and self-sufficient. You'll probably find happiness somewhere with somebody, someday", Anthony stated.

Rain suddenly shot out of the desk chair and roughly pushed on the front of his shoulders so that he fell backwards onto the bed. She clambered on top of him and put her soft lips to his and gave him a long passionate kiss. Then she lifted her face a few inches above his.

"What was that for?", Anthony asked while gasping for air.

"That meant 'thank you' in my own way", Rain replied.

"Um ... You're welcome", He barely uttered before he was getting kissed again for just as long.

She quickly sat upright with her bottom centered squarely on his lap, "That was to warn you to not make assumptions about me", Rain said sternly as she ground herself into him few times.

The man was still wearing his soft cotton shorts. Her night shirt hem had risen up almost to her navel. Anthony decided to fight fire with fire. He flexed his man muscle a couple of times against her unprotected spot where female nerve endings were the most sensitive.

"Wow", Rain said as her eyes widened, "That was interesting".

"That will teach you that you're not the only one who can flirt", Anthony claimed, "Now, lets talk about breakfast. I've been up since 3am. I'm starving and I don't feel like cooking or cleaning. I think that showers and a trip back to that restaurant is in order. How does that sound?".

"Like a really good idea", she answered as she climbed off of him and stood between his knees. Her feet were touching his at the floor. "I'll go first", Rain announced without pulling the hem of her night shirt down.

"You've probably noticed that there are clean bath towels on the shelves in there. Help yourself", Anthony offered.

Rain nodded and stepped away. He remained reclined on his back, but pivoted his head to watch her every move. When she was four feet from the bathroom doorway, she peeled the red night shirt up and off. The man could only see her from the back.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.