The Assignment - Cover

The Assignment

Copyright© 2012 by Pappy

Chapter 4

I wondered what my other 'friends' might think, but Hey!, I had fun.

What James realized was that Katya had only done what Natasha, Frank, Alex and Gina wanted. revenge; and he was eager to let them have it.

He also realized that he was now 'friends' with an international cartel, an organization that spanned the globe and not one controlled by the politicians.

With partners like Boris, Jim, Karl, Nadia, Frankie The Dark Lord, Gina, Frank, Alex, The Baron, Miko, Yoshi, Sakura and Ninja/Golden Dragon bodyguards it was an un-stoppable team; if correctly orchestrated. He arranged for a 'secure' conference call.

The idea took everyone by surprise. It was Nadia who commented that the organization she had experienced made use of 'assets' to maximize their talents. The Dark Lord added that never before had any of those present 'pooled' their considerable resources to one purpose. It posed a 'unique and powerful' approach to 'problems'.

All were open to such an arrangement. Boris's request for James to 'assist' Katya was seen as an example of the kind of things that could be done. It was also noted that 'trust' and 'security' were paramount in each organization and for purposes to keep things that way, only those having this discussion should be aware of what might happen in the future, some exceptions to be expected.

One thing that was needed was a coordinator, James knew just the someone who could do that and was not a member of any of the groups. He asked a very simple question, "What funds" do we have to start with."

They all laughed. "James, James. we are some very 'old' and prosperous organizations, let alone each of us alone have vast fortunes. Boris continued, "Without trying to total things up, it is most likely the group would support a 'budget' of $ 4-5 Billion to start, $ 4-5 Billion a year, until we were all comfortable." They all noted an agreement. "Why do you ask?"

"I think I know a person who would serve all of us as a 'contact' and 'coordinator'. She speaks several languages and currently does such things for one of my 'employers'! Can we meet her and decide to offer her the job?"

"There is no reason to meet her, or her team, it is your idea, you take the 'responsibility' for her and we can start together now." The Dark Lord suggested a review of each group, all main locations and capabilities. "It does not matter where she wishes to be located at, we have ships, planes, resorts, casinos and a few islands available, as well as a few dozen estates around the world."

I liked the way these folks made a decision. no time wasted and no 'qualified' maybes. We were all in. I made a call.

The once again familiar 'Voice' answered. "Hi Love, can we talk, talk in private?"

There was a pause. "Let me call you back, do you have access to a non-NSA Sat?"

"Ahh, actually one just arrived today. How do we do this, the number I mean." James, you must think me an 'Senile Old Lady' if you think I don't keep track of your comings and goings. Ill get your number and call you back in a few minutes, 60 at most!"

Man, I thought, is she ever good. This might be harder than I thought. In less than 30 minutes, my new Sat showed an incoming call, from, China, no less, I answered.

"Hello handsome! It took a little longer than I thought to get your number. Since when did make-up with Boris, I thought we had you 'on him' a while back?"

"Hello yourself Love! Well, things change, my 'good' friend Boris and I are going fishing soon, do you want to join us?"

Another long pause. James, what are you saying?"

"What are do you mean?"

"Love, we have never met, but in all the years in this kind of work, one gets to make a 'gut' decision. You have never lied to me and I trust you. That means an awful lot in this 'business'. I would like you to come and work for us. Do the same thing you do now, with the same or a new core team, and live anywhere you want."

A deep sigh! Another long pause and the sound of tapping, fingers on the desk probably.

"James, can I call you back?" she sounded like she was crying.

"Sure, you and I can even meet and discuss everything 'face to face', this is a lifetime kind of change and more global than you could ever imagine."

Sniff, I heard. "Okay!"

Something was up, she did not say no. She was crying. Why? Why did woman always cry. Damn, now I wanted to help her!

My new Sat phone soon rang again. I answered.

"I see you got the new phone all right!" It was Boris.

We all have the new ones from some 'friends' in China, they use special birds, NSA can't easily break them. I hear that Myra wanted your number. Very badly I hear. Is she going to be joining us?'

"Boris, you know her name? How? After all these years, I don't even know her name!"

"James, James, money can buy most things, you must learn that. Why I even know that she has a mole and a small tattoo on... ! What, must be a bad line. I'll speak to you later, or 'when we go fishing!' Yes, she would be perfect for this work.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.