Dragon Mage
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2012 by Dragon Mage

As all this was happening, on the dark side of Draconia, a dark figure was looking into a glowing pool. The dark mage had felt the arrival of an unknown force for light. It was trying unsuccessfully to locate the source of this light. As the mage looked on a second dark figure entered the room.

"What have you found, Maddox?"

"Nothing yet, My Lord, it's as if somehow the source is being shielded," said Maddox.

"Keep looking; be warned if you disappoint me there are others to take your place."


Back at Sam's house James and company were just waking up for the day. James, who was slow waking every morning, woke to the feel of two bodies pressed to either of his sides. Opening his eyes he looked to his left and saw Beth lying there naked. "So that really happened. It wasn't a dream," he thought. About that time Sam began to wake on his right side. He looking at her he said.

"Good morning."

"Grred meronong," she said.

"Sorry I didn't catch that," James said.

Sam tried once again. "Good morning. I'm not much of a morning person. I don't know how people can be so happy in the morning."

"At least one of my mates is the same way I am. I don't know how it would work if both of you were happy go lucky in the morning."

"So, what do you want to do, today?"

"I haven't really thought about it, yet. I guess I could read the spell books. That will give me enough time to practice the spells, before we leave.

"Won't you need time to study?"

"Not really. I have this gift. I can remember anything I read."

"Must be nice I had to study for months between spells."

"That's not to say I'll get the spells right the first try. Just that I'll remember what is required to cast the spell."

"That must be why you mastered the fireball spell so fast," Beth said.

"Good morning; and yes, that's why."

"I don't know why but all this just seems so normal to me."

"That's good. It means you will probably pick up the spells rather quickly," Beth said.

"I hope so. I don't want to have to depend on the two of you for help all the time."

"You'll get there with time. Who knows with the power you've already displayed we may be seeking your help sooner, rather than later," Sam said.

"Well, instead of just lying here all day, why don't we get up, get cleaned, and get breakfast," Beth suggested.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," James said.

The three of them got out of bed heading for the wash room. This was one of the rooms in the two houses that fascinated James. The wash room contained what looked to be a small pond. As far as he could tell, it was always heated. There was a chair that reminded James of the potty chairs used by kids at home. The first time he saw one of these chairs he was reluctant to use it. From what he could see there was nothing to catch the droppings. Beth had to explain to him that there was a spell on the chair that dissolved the droppings. This above all else that he had seen just simple amazed him.

Thinking about this room and the one in Beth's home, reminded James of something. Turning to Beth he asked. "If you have a room like this in your home, why were you taking a bath at the river the day we arrived?"

"I was just returning from a mission the council sent me on," was her reply.

"Can you tell me what the mission was?" James asked.

"I want to but I can't. It was a secret mission. I can't tell anyone. Not only me, myself, but others could be put in danger as well."

"That's ok. We all have secrets that we keep to ourselves."

"Any-way, let's get cleaned so we can go get breakfast," Sam said.

Entering the dining room the three lovers were greeted by the welcome scents of bacon, eggs, and toast. As they entered Sandra up looked at them, from beside the fireplace, where she was making breakfast. Smiling she asked "So how was your night? From the sounds coming from the room it must have been quite a night."

"MOM!! I can't believe you said that."

"Well why not? I'm just as human as you are."

"Yeah, but you're a Mom. You're not supposed to say things like that."

"Says who? Just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I turned my sex drive off. Hell I'm only in my thirty's I still haven't hit my prime, yet."

More embarrassed now than when he walked in, James apologized, saying, "Sorry Mom. I didn't mean anything negative with what I said."

"I know, it just irritates me when people, think I'm supposed to prim and proper just because I'm a mom."

"What will you be doing today, Mom?"

"After breakfast I'm going to start reading the spell books I was given. Is there any particular spell I should concentrate on?"

"No, all the spells in that book are for beginners. Each spell requires a certain level of magic to cast it. Adding more magic to the spell will make it stronger. So even though these are beginner level spells they can still do some damage," Sam said.

"Okay. After that I plan to use the practice room for a little while."

"I'm planning the same, except I have to go to Taryn's house two hours, after noon."

"Well, me and Beth will be around to help, if you two need it."

"I just have to go back to my house to pick up a few things then I'll be back," Beth said.

After breakfast they each went about their own tasks. James and Sandra spent the first half of the day reading, while the other two talked. At about noon Beth excused herself to go to her house. When she got to her home she used a 'negative space' spell to pack up the whole house. While she was talking to Sam, they decided that they would combine homes since they were mated to the same man. Since Sam lived on a larger piece of land it made more sense for Beth to be the one to move her house. When Beth returned, she and Sam asked the other two to vacate the house for the moment.

Once they were outside, Beth retrieved her house from negative space. As it returned, she and Sam used another spell to combine the two homes, together. James and Sandra just looked on in stunned silence. First at the fact that a whole house could be moved the way it was. Then at the way the two worked together to combine the houses. It just amazed them as to what magic could do.

While this was going on James realized it was time for him to head for Taryn's house. Once the two mages were done he commented "You two are amazing. I hate to do this, but I have to run so I can get to Taryn's on time."

"We understand. Go ahead we'll see you when you get back," Sam said.

James kissed all three of them and headed for Taryn's. It only took five minutes to walk to her house. He knocked on the door. The door opened a few minutes later, there stood Taryn.

"James!! Welcome back. How are you today?"

"Thank you. I'm doing pretty good, right at the moment."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Because now I get see you again."

His comment surprised her. But it also pleased her for some reason. She didn't know why but she felt drawn to James. And it had nothing to do with the rescue. The whole reason she even has been out at that time, was because she had felt something pulling her. After James rescued her from the would be rapist, she realized that the pull was coming from him. Not sure what it could mean, she decided to wait to see what kind of person he was before she said anything.

"I'm glad! I'm very happy to see you again. I hope that when we know each other better, you'll still feel that way."

"That is the point of all this. To see if we are compatible."

"I really hope it works out."

"Well, what would you like to do for the next two hours?"

"How bout I go tell my mom and dad that we're leaving, and we take a stroll around town."

"That sounds like a nice idea."

A few minutes later they were walking down the road. As they walked they talked. They talked about Taryn and what she wanted to do with her life. They talked about what James was studying. She was surprised when James told her that he had just met Beth and Sam this week.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.