Magic Ink IV: Ken and Kell
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2012 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 15 - In this book of Magic Ink, Ken and Kell set out for Ireland in the Other Reality to find Wives. Things quickly get a lot more complicated than they thought they would as the Cousins are required to pursue separate paths to find their mates, and soon find themselves in unforeseen adventures.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Magic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy  

We were awakened early the next morning to the cold gray light of dawn by the Castellan calling to us through the wards across the stairwell entrance.

“Master ... Master, you must come out here. Something awful has happened!”

As I sat up in bed, my movement disturbed Sunshine, and she sat up also, as the Castellan continued to call to me.

“What is wrong?” she asked.

“I don’t know. I’ll have to go and see,” I told her, as I pulled on my jeans and reached for my Wizard’s robe.

“I’m coming!” I called to the Castellan to quiet his frantic calls. I also cast my wards around me just in case this was some kind of ruse to restore their Master to his place.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, as I passed through the wards around the chamber.

“It’s Master Lochlan!” he exclaimed. “It appears that he jumped off the battlements during the night!” the Castellan finished, obviously in shock.

“Where is the body?” I asked, trying at the same time to calm him down with my Green Magic so I could get a coherent story out of him and not some panic induced tale that was less than factual.

“I sent one of the servants to tend to the horses after we arose this morning while I went up to prepare breakfast in the Hall,” he told me somewhat calmer from my working on him.

“I was unable to enter the Hall. There was some Magic spell that prevented me from entering. It appeared to be the same kind of Magic that is around this chamber. I had just started down the stairs to inquire about the Magic when the man that I sent to care for the horse came rushing up to me. He told me that Master Lochlan was lying at the foot of the tower dead, and that it appeared that he had jumped off the battlements. I sent him to guard the body while I came to get you!” he finished.

“NO!!” Sunshine exclaimed in horror on hearing this, as she had joined us also.

“Let us go and examine the body,” I told the Castellan, and he led us out to the body lying at the foot of the castle’s east wall in the bawn and about ten feet north of the entrance door. Master Lochlan’s body was face down on the hard ground.

“He’s ... he’s quite dead, Master,” the servant guarding the body told us as we approached. I knelt down to check for myself. The body was already cold, and while it was a little damp and chilly this morning because of our proximity to the Shannon, it was obvious from his already cold body that Lochlan had been dead for quite some time.

“Did anyone hear anything last night?” I asked all of those present, as the other two servants had joined us by now having heard all of the excitement.

“No!” answered the Castellan while looking toward the other servants, who were shaking their heads side to side.

“We will need to get him in the ground soon, as the weather is too warm for him to keep for long,” I told them. “Did he have any religious connections or anyone whom we should notify?” I added.

“No, Master Lochlan wouldn’t even allow the local Druid to visit here,” the Castellan told me.

“His spirit won’t come back to haunt us, will it?” one of the servants asked in a nervous voice. He was obvious thinking of the sidhe. I just smiled.

“No, I’ll use a spell to prevent him from leaving the grave, but it would be best though to dig the grave outside of the bawn,” I told them.

“Yes, there is a small area where other previous owners of the castle are buried,” the Castellan told me.

“That’s fine. It would be best to get the grave dug soon, as my Wife and I will be returning to Limerick later this morning,” I told them all.

“Who will be in charge of the castle then?” the worried Castellan asked.

“You will need to send a letter to the Earl of Thomond notifying him of Master Lochlan’s demise and requesting a new owner. Until that person arrives, you will be in charge of the castle,” I told the Castellan, who looked very uncomfortable at these words.

“Master, I ... I don’t write well. Would it be possible for you to write the letter to the Earl and ... explain things,” he asked in distress.

“Certainly, Castellan. It may be better for me to write the letter in any case, as I will be able to shed some light on why this happened,” I told him.

“Go and get picks and shovels,” the Castellan directed the other servants, who turned toward the stables in obedience.

“Why the picks?” I asked him puzzled.

“The ground hereabouts contains much limestone, Master, and is often hard to dig in,” the Castellan told me.

“And is there a coffin to bury him in?” I asked. The four of them looked at me with blank expressions on their faces. “A box to bury him in. Do you have one?” I asked again.

“No, my Lord! But there is a woodworker in Barrigone who could make one, or who may even have one ready made, as people die all of the time,” the Castellan told me.

“All right!” I answered, as I rearranged my thoughts. I could see that this would take longer than I had planned on, and Sunshine was already anxious to leave. I counted off the various tasks on my fingers as I gave orders.

“Here is what we will do,” I told them.

“First: Castellan, take the cart and see this woodworker for a coffin.

“Second: you three men work on the grave.

“Third: I will take care of the horses and write the letter.

“Fourth: Sunshine will reheat the stew so that we can have something substantial to eat before we bury him,” I finished.

“Do you know where Master Lochlan kept his money, Master?” the Castellan asked when I had finished. “I’m sure the woodworker will want to be paid for the box, especially since it’s for Master Lochlan who treated him less than kindly when he did some work for him,” the Castellan finished.

“They should eat before going to dig the grave,” Sunshine injected, as the Castellan finished. “Digging is hard work.”

“All right,” I agreed. “We’ll change the order of things,” I said counting on my fingers again.

“First: Sunshine will go to prepare the stew for breakfast.

“Second” The Castellan will go with me to look for Master Lochlan’s money.

“Third: You three tend to the horses until breakfast is ready.

“Fourth: Have I left anything out?” I finished. No one said anything.

“Fine, let’s do it!” I told them. The three servants went to the stable, while the rest of us returned to the castle. I relaxed the wards on our chamber and the Hall as we ascended the stairs. Sunshine continued up to the Hall while the Castellan and I went into Lochlan’s chamber on the third floor to look for his money.

“Do you have any idea where he kept his money hidden?” I asked the Castellan, as we entered the chamber.

“None. Master Lochlan never allowed any of us near his chamber when he retrieved any of his money, or when he returned it to where ever he kept it,” the Castellan told me, as we looked around the chamber. Neither Sunshine nor I had searched the chamber, as we weren’t interested in what Lochlan had in there.

“Where would I hide something if I were a Wizard who relied on Black Magic?” I asked myself, and an idea instantly surfaced in my mind.

“Stand back!” I told the Castellan, as I cast a spell that would reveal any other spells that were active in the chamber. Naturally my wards glowed in a light green color in the floor, walls, and ceiling. Something else glowed too, but it was a black color and was located in one of the walls.

“What is all of this?” the Castellan asked in a puzzled voice, as he looked around the room at the light green glow that covered the walls, floor, and ceiling in addition to the large black spot on the east wall.

“I believe that black area is what we are looking for,” I told him, as I began to cast another spell to cancel the one indicated on the wall. It required quite a bit of power to break through the Black Magic, and soon the area covered by Lochlan’s spell turned first an orange color and then to an intense white before the spell finally collapsed explosively. When it did, several of the stones in the wall also fractured violently. It was a good thing that I had raised my personal wards around the Castellan and myself before I had started on this, as a number of shards of rock hit the wards, but had no effect on them, as they were only pieces of rock now. The Castellan had instinctively ducked when the stones exploded, and now looked over at me in awe.

“How did you do that?” he asked in wonder.

“Just a little Magic,” I told him, as I canceled the wards, and we moved over to the hollow space now revealed in the wall. The walls on this level were still over four feet thick and this hollow space was some eighteen inches long, ten inches high, and over a foot deep. There were a substantial number of coins inside it. Some near the outer edge were melted together from the heat generated in breaking the spell. About half of the rest were gold, but the remainder were the more usual silver, bronze or brass coins in daily use for trade.

“Do you have any idea what a coffin will cost?” I asked the Castellan who was just staring at the money.

“I ... I had no idea that he had this much money!” the Castellan said in shock, and obviously not hearing me.

“Castellan!” I called in a loud voice after a few seconds to get his attention, as he was still staring at the money.

“Sorry, my Lord!” he said coming out of his stupor. “What did you ask?”

“Do you have any idea what a coffin will cost?” I repeated.

“Surely not more than one or two of the brass coins,” he told me. “It needn’t be all that fancy. Master Lochlan was obviously a miser, and he wouldn’t have spent more than was necessary for it,” he told me.

“Take some extra money with you, and get some more food and some decent ale. That last night was barely drinkable,” I told him. The Castellan reached into the cavity hesitantly, as if expecting to find something was waiting in there to bite him. Once his hand was inside, he scooped up a handful of coins and quickly withdrew his hand.

“Before we leave, I’ll give you more of the money to keep the castle running until the Earl appoints someone to take charge of it,” I told him.

We went up to the Hall then to see about breakfast. One of the servants was there slicing a loaf of bread and spreading butter on the slices to serve with breakfast.

It was also plain how Master Lochlan had reached the battlements. The ladder was still propped up against the wall and the trap door was still open.

“Well, that’s how he got out,” I said taking in the scene before us. I would have to take the blame for his death. I hadn’t extended my wards to the roof of the hall, as I didn’t consider it a means of escape, and his Talent wasn’t sufficient for him to have transferred anywhere even if he got up on the roof. I had never considered that he would kill himself by jumping or falling off the battlements. While I was considering my failings, the Castellan had gone to check on the firkin that the ale from last night had been in. He now turned back to us in shock on checking it.

“It’s empty! I checked,” the servant working on the bread stated when the Castellan looked over at him.

“But there was close to a fifth of it left last night when we went to bed,” the Castellan stated.

“Don’t look at me! I didn’t drink it,” the servant said in self-defense, as if he were being accused.

“But...!” the Castellan started before the possibility of what had happened occurred to him.

“Could...!” he began and stopped. “You don’t think...?” he began again, and looked from the firkin to the ladder and the open trap door.

“What could he have wanted up there in the dark?” the Castellan finally asked.

“It’s a bit late to ask him,” I pointed out, and had the trap door close, and then I lowered the ladder to the floor. I could easily imagine what had happened to the drunk Wizard.

Breakfast was soon ready, and the other servants were called in to eat. The Castellan told them about the empty firkin and the ladder. They just nodded their heads, as even they could imagine what had happened.

Following breakfast it was back to my original plan. The Castellan took the cart to Barrigone; the servants dug the grave, and I returned to the chamber on the third floor to write the letter to the O’Brien Earl of Thomond. Sunshine returned to the chamber with me.

“Will we still be able to leave today?” she asked, as I readied the paper, and added some water to the ink dish to write to the Earl.

“Yes, but it will be later than we planned on,” I told her, as I inspected the nib of the pen that I would be using.

“Another delay!” was all that she said sadly.

“Why don’t you look around for a chest or something to put that money in,” I suggested on turning to face her, and then pointing to the cavity in the wall. She looked around the chamber for a time after checking the cavity, but there wasn’t anything here that would fill the requirement.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.